[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
MisterTorgue wrote:
So another 16 Ex invested but now I have Awakening Curse on hit level 6 and this ring

Allowing me to have Elemental weakness (at a much higher strength) + applying Flammability as well!

Going to test it out on A8 Sirius again to see the DPS difference!

This build is kicking ass, modifying the build improves it so much.
I think I am a good 125ex into the build now B)
>Still struggling to find a better wand (and I hate crafting) haha

Are you sure both Curses apply?

I made the test with a glove with curse on hit, and it didnt stack.

To make a good test I recomend recording a video of a boss and checking in slow motion the curse icons in top of head. In my case both curses would be sawpping back and forth.

To be able to apply both you need the curses actually linked into awakened curse on hit.

I might be not paying atention when I tested tho
3.12 - Leveling to 100 on Sirus Kill: https://youtu.be/0z493V7yZ-E
Last edited by Kelzar on Apr 20, 2020, 5:52:23 AM
"
MisterTorgue wrote:
So another 16 Ex invested but now I have Awakening Curse on hit level 6 and this ring

Allowing me to have Elemental weakness (at a much higher strength) + applying Flammability as well!

I don't understand the logic here. Correct me if I am wrong, but you can only apply one curse on your current setup. That is a wasted lvl6 awakening curse on hit, since it only applies the two curses to the supported skill. So flammability on the ring and elemental weakness linked with barrage/frenzy attacks will not stack. BTW, sick ring though!

Also going back on this:

"
MisterTorgue wrote:
"
jmsmadrigal wrote:
"
MisterTorgue wrote:

What would you remove etc, to fit flammability in with awakened curse on hit?

Youll have to remove frenzy sad to say. I know, 3 frenzies are a really huge damage boost. It's quite doable to maintain it during mapping. But when it comes to a single target, stopping barrage just to do frenzy is a bit awkward and you will lose quite a number of possible balls per second. It is really a trade-off. You can play around with it. Maybe find another way to get frenzy somewhere else. But personally, I didn't really bother with it.

Looking at it, I might just get a flammability on hit ring with the mods I need, that way I can have it without sacrificing anything, will cost me roughly 5ex more, but in the long run, duo curses without sacrificing anything will be nuts!

As I said, you need to stop attacking barrage and start attacking with frenzy attack to get the frenzy charges. Sure you get damage boost from frenzy charges it generated, but frenzy attack does not spawn as many balls as barrage. So you are indeed "sacrificing" something, and its a big one. In the long run, frenzy attack (not the charges) is not worth it. But frenzy charges, heck yeah, if you can find it somewhere else, its huge damage boost.
Last edited by jmsmadrigal on Apr 20, 2020, 6:28:56 AM
"
MisterTorgue wrote:

you can apply more than 1 curse ?
"
jmsmadrigal wrote:

As I said, you need to stop attacking barrage and start attacking with frenzy attack to get the frenzy charges. Sure you get damage boost from frenzy charges it generated, but frenzy attack does not spawn as many balls as barrage. So you are indeed "sacrificing" something, and its a big one. In the long run, frenzy attack (not the charges) is not worth it. But frenzy charges, heck yeah, if you can find it somewhere else, its huge damage boost.

wtf u r talking about??? barrage is support, not skill! when u cast frenzy, it has barrage support, not altering between frenzy and barrage skills
Well, I finally finished today the project of update of this build, on which I keep same defensive layers but about quad dps.

The PoB looks like at level 99 current:

Over the DPS you have to add an extra 10% overall since the build has Culling Strike.

PoB its using Headhunter, so using a decent vyse you can raise another 10% overall dps

Once I hit 100 I will remove tempest shield probably and incorporate Vaal Righteous Fire for another 25% DPS upgrade.

-----------------------------

Thanks for the build and inspiration Ancine <3

-----------------------------

Gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by Kelzar on Apr 20, 2020, 6:54:08 AM
"
MisterTorgue wrote:

how can you apply 2 curses ? i thought we were limited to 1 curse ?
"
Daibom wrote:
"
MisterTorgue wrote:

Awakened Curse on Hit Level 5 lets linked skill apply 2nd curse.

Also you can tree up to Whispers of Doom, or anoint and get a 3rd curse.
"
Kelzar wrote:
"
sSheza wrote:
Can we say the best for this wand?

No!

Disgusting wand. +1 gives you 50-70ish extra flat fire making this wand 200 flat fire.
"
Kelzar wrote:
"
Daibom wrote:
"
MisterTorgue wrote:

Awakened Curse on Hit Level 5 lets linked skill apply 2nd curse.

Also you can tree up to Whispers of Doom, or anoint and get a 3rd curse.

This is correct.

But not with MisterTorgue' setup though. His lvl5 awakened curse on hit only has elemental weakness attached to it. His flammability was on the ring. Those doesn't stack.
"
KretenSVK wrote:
"
jmsmadrigal wrote:

wtf u r talking about??? barrage is support, not skill! when u cast frenzy, it has barrage support, not altering between frenzy and barrage skills

Ohh that make sense then. Maybe I just overlooked it, since I misread Barrage and not Barrage Support. This removes the downside of having frenzy charges then, thats cool. The reason I thought "Barrage" right away is because our group following this build are using Barrage (the attack, not support) with awakened curse on hit using two curses, that is why I might have misread. There is just not enough socket if you do awakened curse on hit. He was asking about awakened curse on this, so my instant reaction was the Barrage attack, didnt realize he was using the support variant.

The curses though on ring and the awakened curse on hit, seems do not stack. Would have been cool if lvl5 awakened curse on hit applies additional curse globally. Maybe it does stack. If it does, it will be the best setup to have both curses and frenzy charges.
Last edited by jmsmadrigal on Apr 20, 2020, 8:31:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info