Anyone else get wrist/elbow problems from playing this game

Learn to relax. Learn to take a break from time to time.
That´s all there is to it.
"
Katastruff wrote:
You'd get the same problem by playing too much of any other game.

Get well soon.

I literally click more in PoE in a 5-6 hour sitting than I do over the course of a week in any other game or program simply because mouse driving isn't a smart move in a game where shit can see you long before you can see it and you need to click half your screen away from the center to avoid it...

I can't properly retract(?) my right index finger because the tendon set somewhere it shouldn't have...

---

Starting to have back problems, but that's more "my mother was a lazy cvnt and had me doing heavy lifting incorrectly since the age of 6 because no man would fuck her with a 10ft pole and she didn't want to do it herself" and 4 years of playing an FPS on a laptop in mad chairs.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Katastruff wrote:
You'd get the same problem by playing too much of any other game.

Get well soon.

I literally click more in PoE in a 5-6 hour sitting than I do over the course of a week in any other game or program simply because mouse driving isn't a smart move in a game where shit can see you long before you can see it and you need to click half your screen away from the center to avoid it...

I can't properly retract(?) my right index finger because the tendon set somewhere it shouldn't have...

---

Starting to have back problems, but that's more "my mother was a lazy cvnt and had me doing heavy lifting incorrectly since the age of 6 because no man would fuck her with a 10ft pole and she didn't want to do it herself" and 4 years of playing an FPS on a laptop in mad chairs.

The first two or three times I read the last sentence I thought your mother was asking you to do something that I found hard to believe. I'm glad I finally figured it out or I would have had trouble sleeping tonight!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 8, 2020, 11:58:21 PM
Get a good chair with adjustable ergonomics. "Gaming chairs" are at a price point they don't deserve to be at, given their generally mediocre quality and ergonomics.

I don't suggest taking *anyone's* chair recommendations, preferences and your body shape are just too individual. But I'll say I bought a steelcase leap after testing a few different chairs, and it's been great for me. Worth trying.

A real good chair will run you over $1000 easily. But one that's also completely customizable in how your arms & hands rest to the desk, you're going to have way less of an RSI problem.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Mar 9, 2020, 12:04:48 AM
I have trouble if I use a mouse so I use a thumb trackball instead, these things are awesome if you have issues with a mouse:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-ergo-wireless-trackball-mouse?crid=7
Last edited by teknik1200 on Mar 9, 2020, 12:07:55 AM
I had to stop playing poe because of this.

The amount of actions you have to do, flasks, skills, incredibly dated item pickup and item management mechanics is mind bogling.

You lilely wont see improvement outside of just not playing for a few weeks or months depending on how bad your strain is.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Been playing this game since it came out. It gets worse the longer you play it and older you get.

I am forced to only play builds that are passive (ie: minion only builds at this point which is a real shame as I like more active builds) and keeping looting to a minimal.

The transferring of items are what gets you. The game really needs some type of send all to bank or vendor. Even if it is just the tab you are on to reduce your clicks.

An ergonomic keyboard and mouse help. I wear wrist splints while playing now as well (and have for the last few leagues). I have the best ergonomic chairs as well but I don't think anything can save you from the pure repetitive stress injury you are going to get playing this game long term.

I don't have this issue with ARPG games like Grim Dawn, D3, Last Epoch, Wolcen but I also know that playing PoE means I won't be playing any other game for at least 30 to 60 days after I finish PoE so my wrists have time to heal.

Every league I wonder if this is my last league do to how much it hurts my wrists. I manage to play but just shorten my playtime. This league I will probably just play for two weeks and then rest for the next 11 weeks until the next league to let my wrists heal more. The last league I played for 3 weeks but that was too much.

If you don't mind playing a summoner then that is 100% the way to go if you have RSI
Last edited by deoxys on Mar 9, 2020, 1:09:40 AM
It sounds like your sitting too close. Move back, get your elbows off the table.
This is not my real account. Only used for forum posts. :P
"
MBata wrote:
it might be the way my arms rest on this newer chair when playing on my laptop, but i can't play this game anymore without serious pain.

Needless to say, i don't play anymore.

Sure wish i could recoup the money from mtx and supporter packs though.

You should get keyboard and use it under angle like Counter Strike players do. Your top of hand - wrist - and the top part of hand to your elbow should be in one line - hope it does sense - wrist can not be under keyboard. Your fingers should be on AWD. Cushioning keyborad should be good and with low profile to switch them.

Mouse buttons put onto keyboard using Autohotkey or some other Windows software or make your own .dll file.

Regards wrist on mouse. Use something like in following picture. It has to be elastic and tight, but not too much. It helps a lot to heal.

Be sure that you have good good posture. Try different position and you will see which gives you pain.

Next thing focus on your neck. Most pain on wrist, even it seems strange, are from neck. So if you have tendency to put your head near monitor, than that affects your hands very much. Most time people who solve their neck "problem" also solve the problem with wrists.

Folowing mouse is perfect, its a bit on heavy side, but it should help you a lot as your fingers will not have to hold mouse and can relax.

Many times problem is mouse is very thin and that makes pain in wrest as well.

gl

ps edit: I personally using Secret Lab Titan chair, Corsair mx cherry red low profile keyboard (but cushioned keyboard for ur problem should be better), Logitech G Pro mouse - its light and its good for my hand - its not too narrow to hold and to move, Vepsula v2 mousepad - the speed side (only mouse pad).
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 9, 2020, 6:48:14 AM
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info