Corona virus

Your insufferable that's all.

Also can we please stop this redundant "china did so great in wuhan" when its because of them lying to the WHO and CDC and doing a media lock-down that caused the virus to spread all over the world without people having knowledge about it.

They literally gave the virus a free month and a half where people were still visiting the hubei region and flying oversees because they didn't like the "bad pr" for the party.

They are very much responsible for the deaths in italy and other country's because their ego got in the way of releasing information to the world about what was going on.

I have very little patience for this "wow look at how they responded isn't that great" when they caused this all.

Some people have a memory thats longer then the weeks news cycle.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : your free to ignore the argument im presenting you to use to switch healthy people's opinion on this mater.

See how your "im a dick, save me" strategy turns out for all i care?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 23, 2020, 11:10:35 AM
"

I love it when analogies speak American.

lol

yeah i guess the logic escapes some people, ive been seeing a lot of these sort of comments over the internet.

most people: spend £15,000+ per year on bills.

also most people: cannot cope with an unexpected £3000 bill landing in a particular month.

it shouldnt be hard to grasp really.

most people who get this thing are gonna brush it off without much fuss. its only going to kill something like 1% of people who get it. and when the data says that up to 80% of people might catch it if we dont take these measures that 1% is only a little over 3,000,000 people dying in a country like the usa that has a healthcare system designed to handle 30,000 seasonal flu deaths.

probably best to just ignore that data and laugh it all off i guess, business as usual, everything is fine. those figures might be completely off, 80%? thats worst case, it might be half that which is only 1.5 million people dying. barely a flesh wound.

"
Boem wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Im from BE, just look at our death toll and compare it with yours, then consider we have been in lockdown for roughly a week and a half currently.

going from your baseline of 275 deaths currently, that means there are around 32000+- infected people in the UK, if you breach 65000 by most calculations it can no longer be contained and you go into an italy situation.

And as far as i gather you guys have just started implementing some baseline mild rules.

Peace,

-Boem-

its starting to go into full lockdown, all non essential businesses etc have been ordered to shut, schools are shut. but i feel like we didnt do it fast enough, what were doing now we should have been doing 2 weeks ago.

the economic fallout is worrying. essentially the world is on pause, almost everyone will come out the other side and need their jobs and also create the demand for the products those jobs create so things will bounce back to some extent. but with brexit we are unique in that we come out of this into a world that we dont have trade agreements with... my country picked a really great time to be a bunch of isolationist morons.
Good news
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-fed-chief-says-small-businesses-need-forgivable-loans-60-minutes-2020-03-22/

The Fed’s Kashkari proposes giving forgivable loans to small businesses that retain their workers. Avoiding mass layoffs, he said, is better than trying to pull people back into the workforce, which can take years.

Notice he said could take years! Trashing the economy is not a switch you can just turn back on to "good"...
Git R Dun!
Currently, being an employee of a non-essential business is essentially being a potential murderer.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
tagging for the below.

This is really scary. TL;DR perfectly healthy 31 yo nurse would have died 10 days after first symptoms had he not been admitted to hospital 6 days after presentation of first symptoms. Flat-out.

https://www.facebook.com/MichelleMcCarley89/posts/10216881569655405

Full text from link
****This is from a nurse who became sick:

COVID19 is not like the flu...at all... How do I know? Because I’ve lived through it to tell the tale!

Memoirs of a 31 y.o. male with no underlying health conditions.

March 3, 2020-Bronchitis like illness started, dry cough, no fever

March 5, 2020-Low grade fever starts, still thinking bronchitis

March 6, 2020-Fever climbs from 99.8 to 102.6 in one hour, thought it was flu and was now outside the Tamiflu window, stayed home for symptom management.

March 9, 2020-Fever of >102 continues, this isn’t flu, go to urgent care, diagnosed with pneumonia, started on Levaquin.

March 11, 2020-3 doses of Levaquin in, no improvement in symptoms, go to ER. Admitted, swabbed for COVID19, IV antibiotics got pneumonia on chest CT.

March 12, 2020-Get to a room and placed on supplemental oxygen via nasal cannula, 1 liter per minute (lpm). I’m only able to achieve 500 on my incentive spirometer, for perspective-my healthy lungs could hit 4000.

March 13, 2020-O2 saturation begins to decline, oxygen increased to 2 lpm, then 3 lpm, then 5 lpm. Oxygen saturation 88% on 5 lpm. The decision is made to use high flow (vapotherm) and move to ICU. Placed on 40 lpm and 60% oxygen. I’m terrified at this point because vapotherm is all that is standing between me and the ventilator. This is the moment I would have died at home had I not come to the hospital when I did. I would have respiratory arrested in my bed.

March 14, 2020-I have a bad coughing spell, my oxygen saturation drops to the 80’s. I’m still on 40 lpm and 60%. I’m trying to gasp for air, but because of the condition of my lungs, can only take small breaths without coughing more. I feel as though I’m about to die, my heart is racing, oxygen still low, and I’m sweating profusely. Im in respiratory distress! I pressed my call light trying to get the attention of anyone who can help. My nurse was in another room tending to another sick patient. Fortunately he sees me and comes to my room. I am now on 40 lpm and 100% oxygen, next step is the ventilator. I’m terrified. My breathing slows as my oxygen saturation slowly returns to the 90’s. I’m weaned back down to 60%. The same thing happens again in the night, and again I thought I was about to leave this world. Again I’m on 100%, this time for several hours. I’m slowly weaned again to 60%.

March 15, 2020-My morning arterial blood gas (which hurts like a 🤬) is normal. I get weaned to 50%.

March 16, 2020-My oxygen saturation is 97%, I’m weaned further to 30 lpm and 40%.

March 17, 2020-I’ve been in ICU 4 days, forced to use a bedpan because my oxygen saturation drops if I turn or even move too much. I am unable to clean myself; I’m feeling completely helpless and so embarrassed, but my nurses were great and very understanding. I now truly understand my patients’ feelings from all these years of nursing. I’m weaned to 25 lpm and 30%. I’m going to the medical floor.

March 18, 2020-I’m weaned to 28%. I can achieve 1500 on my incentive spirometer finally. I’m hopeful to be weaned to a regular nasal cannula. The provider comes in. I’ve been waiting for my swab results. I tested positive for COVID19...6.5 days of waiting for the outside lab to process the lab. I’m relieved because I finally have a diagnosis, a reason I’ve been so sick. I’m weaned to 4 lpm on a regular nasal cannula, 4 hours later I’m weaned to 2 lpm. 4 hours later I’m weaned to room air. My oxygen saturation stats 93% and above all night.

March 19, 2020-As I write this, I’m waiting to attempt a 6 minute walk test to see if my oxygen stays up, so I can go home. I’ve had no visitors this entire time due to my isolation precautions.

Guys, this is why social isolation is a thing. As a 31 y.o., I wasn’t supposed to get sick. I wasn’t supposed to be admitted to the hospital or the ICU for that matter. We’ve already had several deaths from COVID19 in this area. I thank God I wasn’t one of them! However, many won’t be as fortunate as I have been. Many will die, especially those with any lung or heart problems. So please, I beg you to #stayhome
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 23, 2020, 11:40:42 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Your insufferable that's all.

Also can we please stop this redundant "china did so great in wuhan" when its because of them lying to the WHO and CDC and doing a media lock-down that caused the virus to spread all over the world without people having knowledge about it.

They literally gave the virus a free month and a half where people were still visiting the hubei region and flying oversees because they didn't like the "bad pr" for the party.

They are very much responsible for the deaths in italy and other country's because their ego got in the way of releasing information to the world about what was going on.

I have very little patience for this "wow look at how they responded isn't that great" when they caused this all.

Some people have a memory thats longer then the weeks news cycle.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : your free to ignore the argument im presenting you to use to switch healthy people's opinion on this mater.

See how your "im a dick, save me" strategy turns out for all i care?

Italy not china is responsible for italys problems says an expert by not shutting down airports like Trump did and they even had hug a Chinese day and we all know how Italian "hug" with kisses

"
Dr. Giorgio Palù, a professor of virology and microbiology of the University of Padova and the former head of the European and Italian Society for Virology, recently said that concerns over "politics" and being perceived as "racist" delayed Rome's response to the deadly virus that originated in China.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/italy_political_correctness_china_coronavirus
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 23, 2020, 11:48:03 AM
"
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
tagging for the below.

This is really scary. TL;DR perfectly healthy 31 yo nurse would have died 10 days after first symptoms had he not been admitted to hospital 6 days after presentation of first symptoms. Flat-out.

I would take that with a pinch of salt since it's not a first hand account. Not to say it's untrue but social media is absolutely awash with people passing on fake or highly embellished information.

That could be MrSmiley's alt fb account for all you know.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Mar 23, 2020, 11:48:15 AM
Thank you, W 🖖
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Good thing I am not a smoker. The only time I have trouble breathing is when my nose hair grows too much. I have no clue whats wrong with it.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
tagging for the below.

I would take that with a pinch of salt since it's not a first hand account. Not to say it's untrue but social media is absolutely awash with people passing on fake or highly embellished information.

That could be MrSmiley's alt fb account for all you know.

While this is true and I almost never share social media 'hearsay', the detail involved leads me to believe the person who wrote it is intimately familiar with medical terms and procedures. Intimately. So either they wrote it to exaggerate the situation (why?) or it's an accurate account.

That 'why?' is up to you to formulate if you choose to doubt it, but I don't see any benefit to a medical professional exaggerating the effects of Covid-19 right now.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 23, 2020, 12:09:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info