🏠Suggestions of hideout decorations | We need buildings kits please !

Would absolutely love to see a 'new' label similar next to newly added decorations that we haven't hovered over yet.

I love hideout decorating and often times it's not till much later that I notice new decorations were added. It was so easy to find some of the latest ones because of the placeholder icons.

They also don't tend to be listed in the patch notes so something like this would be awesome.

Also thanks to the team for all the additions so far. Water plane is amazing.

Edit: Would also be nice to see some sound effect decorations. Like howling wind, or the flowing water that the Luxurious hideout has.
Last edited by Cellia on Jul 11, 2020, 4:44:51 PM
The main thing I really want is a metallic smooth floor + wall set. I really like the pieces introduced by laboratory building supplies but it would be hundreds of bucks to build a floor out of that in my nebula. Please, a metal floor that doesn't require tiling hundreds of labyrinth rails, metal walls that doesn't require dozens of pipes to hide that it's wood+stone! Thanks pals!
"
darkminaz wrote:
+1
also synthesis objects .. i want to build my own space hideout

+1
I wanna build synthesis based hideout in my celestial nebula.
Thank you for making this post...I was thinking about making one forever, but I'm super lazy.

Decorations that I always wanted:

1. Steps and stairs - I'm shocked there are still none after all these years, and people still have to waste hundreds of objects to build fake ones out of crap.

2. Larger floor tiles (already mentioned by you) - same reason as above, building floors with small tiles and bricks takes too much out of the object limit.

3. Wall (suspended)lighting - very few light sources that go on walls and don't rest on ground, which I find very limiting. I would particularly like to have wall torches for dungeon and fortress themed settings.

4. Pseudo entrances - these are awesome, because they add to HO spacial dimension without expanding it physically. There is only one such deco atm, as far as i know (Mystic Cave MTX). I hope they will add the syndicate one in th future which can be seen in Hunted Mansion hideout tileset.

Could we get at least a slight increase in decoration limit or a small update to the floor/tile decorations including bigger patches of tiles which in turn would require less tiles to complete a floor/path/etc.

250/500/750 to 375/700/1000 or something like that would already help a lot.

Removing the limit altogether would be a bad idea, but increasing it at least slightly would be great.

Adding the option to reset your current hideouts decorations from towns as well would solve the issue of players not being able to access their hideouts if they bricked them.
Here are my ideas /not all cuz im sure i forgot some atm/:
1) make variation of trees to have permanent leaves similar to Bulb Palm decoration we have now >> i wanna hide in jungle in my ho+ it would look better than watching bare branches when close enough to a tree atm /keep both depending which one people want to use/
2) add some Lava decoration with few variations similar to water plane/pool decoration - take any Kaoms/Xoph/Volcano/else areas lava we see around our path as background
3) fix ground in most hideouts so we can actually use those sweet "ground" decorations without ending up with some sand/ice pile over it - sure imagination to cover with more stuff can work too but sometimes clean and simple looks best imo // thanks to new "grass patch" i couldve hide the sand piles in Oasis hideout unlike "grass ground" tho grass patch hides many other low decorations and thus cut the choice what to put around /example: rugs and most flowers cannot be seen cuz of it/
4) add more variations of "petrified primevals" and "syndicate statue" to look similar to petrified people in Elder's boss arena - or make completely new statue decoration for that
5) i wish you can rework "beast eyes" and "beast eggs" MTXs we had from mystery boxes long time ago as free decorations -im pretty sure sales on those 2 are really low yet the eggs are just red "toxic pods" and the eyes gotta be a lot to enjoy them in such themed hideout imo
6) can we get farmable Phantasmagoria/Belly of the Beast hideout or if agree with 5) to add also "beast walls" so we can create our own "belly of a beast" hideout? :)
7) as someone suggested in any forum thread: can we have stash variations + maybe your hard work on Mystery boxes to be used as skins for Stash? it would be awesome to have such stash! something like extra mtx we can get from boxes only -that dont go to shop when they expire :)

And 8) can you rework the shape and basic decorations of some hideouts? Brutal middle floor is so cool with lava floor around yet too bad with those perma pillars or walls to put map device there and enjoy it all the time. Zana's hideout is bad imo when we can see those pretty Temple map areas. Dig map hideout also has perma pillars in center of its lower area that are annoying and ruin some ideas.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
Last edited by canilaz_ on Aug 10, 2020, 2:10:40 AM
I think with those snowy areas we can get some pine trees too! They are beautiful and with new grass engine could look goood in details imo. Maybe variations not just for big or small tree but also cones on the ground around the tree. :)
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
Last edited by canilaz_ on Aug 12, 2020, 12:48:34 PM
Added many new suggestions and community suggestions for 3.12.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Aug 20, 2020, 8:55:17 AM
Nice nice.
+1 from me
I would love to see a night/day version of the outdoors hideouts. Lush hideout, for instance, would look pretty nice at nighttime imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info