Barrage support: is the penalty too large ?

"
1453R wrote:
Barrage Support is specifically intended for single-target purposes. it takes a generic skill and turns it into something intended to focus hard on hammering one guy repeatedly.

The thing everybody's talking about is Power Siphon, which adds +8 projectiles at relatively obtainable level 21. In conjunction with Barrage, that's +11 shots, all of which can hit the same target. You'll be standing there shooting for a week, but if you can tolerate that attack time it's hard to beat pounding a boss with twelve strikes in the space of two normal attacks, even if each strike does a bit less than forty percent of the normal damage. 55% more attack time sounds absolutely awful, until you remember that your attack time goes from .2s to .3s when you add Barrage.

A build like this could scale way harder into attack speed though, because with that many projectiles all guaranteed to hit the target, its already a massive damage multiplier.
edit: nvm I zized out my bad (can I delete this pointless post somehow?)
Last edited by TheRobinofHamingnott on Dec 12, 2019, 9:38:40 PM
i'm wondering whether Split Arrow + Barrage Support is gonna be totally crazy :)
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:
i'm wondering whether Split Arrow + Barrage Support is gonna be totally crazy :)

level 21 split fires 9 arrows. barrage support adds 3 more. get anywhere from 0-3 more arrows from ascendancies and gear.

5% more attack time PER additional arrow. if you fire 13 arrows, thats 60% more attack time total. you gon be slow.

however, assuming that works, each arrow is doing 120 * .38 = 45.5% of your attack damage, for a whopping WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE (590%) to a target.
if you can find a way to survive while u don't move and just tank the damage maybe.
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo
but what I think will happen somebody will create a crazy item quantity item rarity char with a shit ton of + arrows then find a guardian that tanks the damage and just 1 shoot any boss in-game
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo
Remember: the 'MOAR' modifier to attack speed sounds far more gross than it is. If your attack speed is something like 1.2s per attack, then yes - it'll suck. But most attack-based builds in this game complete their attack in a quarter-second or less, at which point the whole 50+% MOAR is a smidgeon over a tenth of a second added to your shot.

In practice, with builds designed around it, I don't expect the extra attack time to be considerable enough to stop people from LMG-ing bosses to death.
I can't wait to see the meme 24 projectile builds that come out of this.
Last edited by Unburied_One on Dec 13, 2019, 1:46:49 AM
edit: this post is a reply to a deleted message. So may seem irrelevant.

You are mixing up more attack time and less attack speed.

100% more attack time is 0.5 dps multiplier.
You are talking about less attack speed, which is why you mention 100% being "infinite attack time".

How to convert x% more attack time into an equivalent dps multiplier (as I did in OP):

1 - ( x% / ( 1 + x% ) )

numerator is in fact 1+x% - 1. What attack speed you lose.
Denominator is because it's relative to final attack speed.
Fraction gives you what you lose, which is why if you want the result as a dps multiplier, you substract it to 1.

You can check the formula work as intended for 100% more attack speed (halved attack speed) and 200% more and whatever number you fancy.

Last edited by polimeris on Dec 13, 2019, 1:48:26 AM
Yeah you're right. I realized it before you posted. I was thinking it worked like Minefield.
Last edited by Unburied_One on Dec 13, 2019, 1:51:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info