[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Could anyone kindly suggest what to take, Perfect Form or Farruls?
"
shabanotti wrote:
can someone please advise on what to upgrade next? my damage is good, but I'm nowhere near some of you guys when I just import pure char in PoB I have 147k Ice Nova DPS and some of you have 500k+ :S

I'm confused. Thanks for looking for those who have time and did look! :)

Lvl 21 ice nova is big upgrade, yours is only lvl 19. Right now with everything on you got about 730k dps, with nova lvl 21 and rest 20 its 920k. Get more levels to get more points in your skill tree.
I dunno how much Glorious Vanity is giving you but it has to be a decent amount because you waste a lot of points to get it.
Instead you could fine tune your tree better. Check mine or others ppl (I am lvl 96 thou) in PoB and make changes. Right away i see you got only ~400 crit multi when me and rest got 500+. When you get levels you will have 2-3 more jewel slots so that's alone is 30-45 more crit multi and +15-20% cast speed.
Last edited by Nekondas on Dec 26, 2019, 6:46:27 AM
Which Pantheon do you guys Run? 😁

Does this mod work on our build? I think Ice nova and spells are considered hits.

Also the new jewel Thread of Hope with large radius gives us access to the Heart of Ice node. Is useful until we can get the anoint or opens up other anoint options.
"
pro17 wrote:

Does this mod work on our build? I think Ice nova and spells are considered hits.

Also the new jewel Thread of Hope with large radius gives us access to the Heart of Ice node. Is useful until we can get the anoint or opens up other anoint options.

Yes

I am also checking the possible locations for thread of hope, nothing really fancy for now though
"
Nekondas wrote:

Awakened added cold is dps gain over hypothermia - I will be running it like this when I level it to 5/20. Cold pen is just 2ex replacement for controlled destruction you have to level first and according to PoB no dps gain.

2 ex ? More like 9, no ?

I want some awakened gems toooooo. About 30 conquerors down, 2 sirius, nothing fancy :(
"
ploxirion wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:
Just killed Sirus with 2 deaths. The build really has very little to do with the fight, no major modifications are necessary. My suggestions: (1) use Ryslatha pantheon, (2) have a Corrupted Blood jewel, (3) make sure anti-freeze is on your mana flask so you'll always have it up in emergencies.

The main difficulty is just that the fight is very unintuitive and you need to watch a strategy video or three to understand what is going on. Plus there's the stairs blocking maze bug. I was able to survive failing the maze on Awakening Level 4 but probably wouldn't on 8.

"
Kurnis wrote:
If you ditch Skyforth for the Tailwind boots, how do you deal with stuns?

Brine King pantheon would be the main defense. It's not perfect but it should be sufficient. You can also consider the boot enchant (80% avoid stun if killed recently) or veiled flask suffix craft (50% avoid stun).

Edit: For Sirus, one thing to consider is adding a non-CWDT Steelskin. It's possible this could allow you to always tank the maze. I'm not sure how much damage it will do at Awakening 8.

Pretty sure his damage isn't affected by the awakening but only life (3% more per awakening level). I didn't notice a difference in damage between lvl 1 / 4 / 8. Also you could get more life flasks and use the minor pantheon giving 3 charges every 3 seconds, it helps a lot in the fight. Major pantheon Arakaali is also azaming to take advantage of the degen grounds. Decoy totem will also taunt most his beams. Also there's a way to setup him to always guarantee you don't fight him in stairs.

This video teach you lots of stuff about the fight, and using the same strategy at 2:06, 4:10 and finally at 6:18 you can always guarantee the fight to happen in the middle of the arena. Basically, you don't move the storms but you lure a bit Sirus then go under him and he'll push away the storms automatically.

Is that luring storms still a thing? I think they patched it because they just keep following me.

Everything except Sirus fight is fine but i failed to kill him 2 times now. Any suggestion for the fight would be awesome.
Last edited by feelthepain on Dec 26, 2019, 8:52:02 AM
Hi there, thanks for the great guide. I have a question about end game helmet.
How to craft option "Nearby enemies have -% cold resistance" on an enchanted helmet? Sorry, I'm new to PoE :P
Last edited by sinhviencodon on Dec 26, 2019, 9:12:17 AM
"
Everything except Sirus fight is fine but i failed to kill him 2 times now. Any suggestion for the fight would be awesome.

Go check Grimro YT movie explaining how to do the fight correctly. I did his strat and died only 1 time due to my sloppiness in my second kill (3rd try in total 6 towers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNrVc1bx-Bw
Last edited by Nekondas on Dec 26, 2019, 9:15:17 AM
"
sinhviencodon wrote:
Hi there, thanks for the great guide. I have a question about end game helmet.
How to craft option "Nearby enemies have -% cold resistance" on an enchanted helmet? Sorry, I'm new to PoE :P

Frigid fossil. I suggest combination Frigid+Prismatic+Pristine or cheaper Frigid+Pristine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info