[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Thanks for this awesome build. So far my only issue is occasional oneshots at T15-16 methamorphs (or rarely bosses), everything else goes well.

I have a few questions to you guys. Here is my PoB for reference, you can also check my profile: https://pastebin.com/74uPBN3S

1) You all say that you perma freeze bosses. However, I usually just slightly slow them down in the beginning, and then during the fight they move and act rather fast, even though I use cold snap and frost bomb.
2) I have 5-7 exalts to spend for gear. Could you please recommend something to boost survivability or dps plz?
3) Quite often I catch ice nova stunlock when I cast it at place. Usually this is because I tap Frostblolt-Ice nova as usual, but my action speed is reduced due to some alignments. How do you deal with it? I know I can take an ascendancy, but I'd rather prefer Conviction of power. Are there any other options to avoid these situations?
Last edited by MrNonamer on Dec 25, 2019, 9:47:29 AM
"
MrNonamer wrote:
Thanks for this awesome build. So far my only issue is occasional oneshots at T15-16 methamorphs (or rarely bosses), everything else goes well.

I have a few questions to you guys. Here is my PoB for reference, you can also check my profile: https://pastebin.com/74uPBN3S

1) You all say that you perma freeze bosses. However, I usually just slightly slow them down in the beginning, and then during the fight they move and act rather fast, even though I use cold snap and frost bomb.
2) I have 5-7 exalts to spend for gear. Could you please recommend something to boost survivability or dps plz?
3) Quite often I catch ice nova stunlock when I cast it at place. Usually this is because I tap Frostblolt-Ice nova as usual, but my action speed is reduced due to some alignments. How do you deal with it? I know I can take an ascendancy, but I'd rather prefer Conviction of power. Are there any other options to avoid these situations?

1) Freezing Metamorphs is currently bugged, so it does not work. Freezing bosses is not that easy.

2) You are playing without Skyforth and without Farrul's Fur(Aspect of the Cat), which means your only source for Power and Endurance Charges is the 15% on kill from Conviction of power, is that right? That is very bad for your offense AND defense. You need to generate Power charges sufficiently, especially in boss fights (endurance charges come automatically from the ascendancy).
So you have three options to fix that:
a) Get a Farrul's Fur (4L or 5L is enough). Then you need to buy or beastcraft aspect of the cat on a ring or belt. This will lead to much less dex needed so you can switch your gear heavily (see my character for reference).
b) Buy Skyforth
c) Put Power Charge on Critical Support into your Frostbolt setup (that's what the budget build of the guide does).

One more thing: You can only apply ONE curse, if you have no +1 curse somewhere. So throw that frostbite ring into the trashcan.

Check my build if you're interested in high end gear: https://pastebin.com/wmBH8qjT
Last edited by Moethelion on Dec 25, 2019, 10:21:31 AM
Running this build, level 96 so far, all seems good. Bosses melt, metamorphs too (well, not the quickest ones, which tend to run in circles like headless chickens)
Changed some supports, currently running this setup:

Now working on getting level 97, chaining T16s nonstop with extremely rippy mods with a breeze, with occasional ubers and shapers.
All my other gear can be seen in profile.

For next upgrade plans:
- Watchers Eye with clarity + Hatred mod (thinking either crit or pen), since I have one from my support.
- Enchant the boots later on, but I just hate damn lab, prob will try when the layout is good for speedruns.
- Better helmet, recrafting to get Life+Mana, -Cold Aura and +1 Power Charge warlords mod.
- Better shaper ring, still no luck crafting shaper opal.
- Annointing Soul of Steel for even more defense.
- Changing Gloriuos Vanity rolls (HIGHLY debatable due to +1 max fire and cold resistances for 4 points)

Any other suggestions for improvements?
Last edited by Sonnekonige on Dec 25, 2019, 10:28:47 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:

Thank you, this is very helpful!
"
Sonnekonige wrote:
Running this build, level 96 so far, all seems good. Bosses melt, metamorphs too (well, not the quickest ones, which tend to run in circles like headless chickens)
Changed some supports, currently running this setup:

Now working on getting level 97, chaining T16s nonstop with extremely rippy mods with a breeze, with occasional ubers and shapers.
All my other gear can be seen in profile.

For next upgrade plans:
- Watchers Eye with clarity + Hatred mod (thinking either crit or pen), since I have one from my support.
- Enchant the boots later on, but I just hate damn lab, prob will try when the layout is good for speedruns.
- Better helmet, recrafting to get Life+Mana, -Cold Aura and +1 Power Charge warlords mod.
- Better shaper ring, still no luck crafting shaper opal.
- Annointing Soul of Steel for even more defense.
- Changing Gloriuos Vanity rolls (HIGHLY debatable due to +1 max fire and cold resistances for 4 points)

Any other suggestions for improvements?

Lol you seem quite good on upgrades. I mean... just the two awakened gems cost more than my whole gear so I won't insult you by suggesting upgrades...

I did kill sirius on 4 stones with waayyyyyyyyyy less good gear. Not even 6L perfect form, not using cold snap/bonechill, using kaom's root with 100 life regen while moving, not a single awakened gem...

I guess upgrades such as yourswill feel very good ! Even though I won't ever be able to afford them :)

Your gloves omg....

How did you farm so much wealth already ? I am fairly jealous of the level of your gear now that I checked...

Did you roll the assassin's mark ring yourself too ? Spent about 1500 alts total in rings, never got even one good affixe with regal or augment, and then proceeded to destroy 800 chaos on chaos spamming and never saw assassin's mark :(

Broke AF again now, i'll try again in a couple weeks i guess.

Gratz on gear anyway and GL on the league !
Last edited by AAZgurf on Dec 25, 2019, 12:29:58 PM
On a side note I can't see how you get the 76 and 47% avoid attacks/spell.

Blind, ok.
Phase acro, ok.
But what next ?

Also, do you know the approximate odds for rolling two good notables on the dex/str nodes with glorious vanity ? Spent more than 30 divines and didn't get a single time pen on any of the nodes, not to mention I never got both to be remotely useful...

Still having fun though, and practising the anti-synergy with pandemonius and kaom's root ahah, will feel good when I'll finally be able to afford skyforth
"

Blind, ok.
Phase acro, ok.
But what next ?

Also, do you know the approximate odds for rolling two good notables on the dex/str nodes with glorious vanity ? Spent more than 30 divines and didn't get a single time pen on any of the nodes, not to mention I never got both to be remotely useful...

Still having fun though, and practising the anti-synergy with pandemonius and kaom's root ahah, will feel good when I'll finally be able to afford skyforth

For the 76/47 avoidance - Pledge implicit has attack block; there are some attack/spell block nodes from tree; the raw evasion from Perfect Form is like 23% evade chance. You can look at details in PoB under "Other Defences".

Getting two good notables on 30 str/dex nodes is very rare. I usually go for just one good node (Ritual of Stillness / Thaumaturgical Aptitude). If the other node is decent, take it, otherwise spend the point elsewhere in the tree.

Assuming you get Doryani, it's ~10% chance of a decent roll, so around 30 divines. You can lower that by trying different sockets (Pain Attunement, Avatar of Fire). I still think the CI socket is best though. Also note that you have the option of buying/reselling the jewels instead of spamming divines. It's more hassle but saves money.

If you already have Pandemonius you should consider ditching Kaom's Roots and going for some typical rare boots with life/res/movespeed. Take Brine King pantheon to deal with stuns.
Skyforth have absolutely PLUMETED in price over the past week or so. From literally 600c to about 300c.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-armours/skyforth-sorcerer-boots

Good for us, obviously. But does anyone have any idea why?
"
Hypershot1 wrote:
Skyforth have absolutely PLUMETED in price over the past week or so. From literally 600c to about 300c.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-armours/skyforth-sorcerer-boots

Good for us, obviously. But does anyone have any idea why?

Its normal. They are rare at the beginning and after market saturates price drops really fast. Check prices for Blight https://poe-antiquary.xyz/Blight/Armour/Skyforth/1319 - after 3 weeks price was about 75c...

Sonnekonige can you explain why Awakened Cold Penetration instead of Controlled Destruction? When i put your profile to PoB (as it is without Glorious Vanity stats) both gems (5/20 vs 20/20) give similar DPS so what's the reason?
Last edited by Nekondas on Dec 25, 2019, 6:04:59 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
"

Blind, ok.
Phase acro, ok.
But what next ?

For the 76/47 avoidance - Pledge implicit has attack block; there are some attack/spell block nodes from tree; the raw evasion from Perfect Form is like 23% evade chance. You can look at details in PoB under "Other Defences".

Getting two good notables on 30 str/dex nodes is very rare. I usually go for just one good node (Ritual of Stillness / Thaumaturgical Aptitude). If the other node is decent, take it, otherwise spend the point elsewhere in the tree.

Assuming you get Doryani, it's ~10% chance of a decent roll, so around 30 divines. You can lower that by trying different sockets (Pain Attunement, Avatar of Fire). I still think the CI socket is best though. Also note that you have the option of buying/reselling the jewels instead of spamming divines. It's more hassle but saves money.

If you already have Pandemonius you should consider ditching Kaom's Roots and going for some typical rare boots with life/res/movespeed. Take Brine King pantheon to deal with stuns.

Oh ok you take into account the block. Makes sense though.

As for kaom's, I switched to those for sirius as I feeled like I wanted a bit more life/es/mana and for him the blind is not really useful. For mapping even with my trash gear I don't really have issues. COuld bebetter of course but it works ok for now, and I am saving for skyforth and then a 6L perfect form. I am just quite unlucky with drops (several leagues I never saw an exalt drop despite playing too many hours, typically getting a char to 98 or 99 and another to 95 or delving to 600 or more... yeah...), or when I am (bottled faith cough) I tend to keep the item and use it ahah.

It will take time but I will get skyforth sometime, and will save the fusings for the 6L (7000 fusings failed, then bought 6L prophecy in blight : never again). And I have hopes for the rest of the gear. Trying to have hopes at least :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info