[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
TheZerion wrote:
Hey, I have a question... I see everyone using Frost Bomb, but what about Hydrosphere instead? Now that Frost Bomb has been nerfed and it only applies -15% cold res isn't Hydrosphere more viable?

Even after the nerf Frost Bomb is still 50% better debuff than Hydrosphere. The only situation I would pick Hydrosphere over Frost Bomb (and I am really considering it) is using it to generate power charges with Power Charge on Critical if you do not use Farrul's (or use Replica)
"
Riviar90 wrote:
"
TheZerion wrote:
Hey, I have a question... I see everyone using Frost Bomb, but what about Hydrosphere instead? Now that Frost Bomb has been nerfed and it only applies -15% cold res isn't Hydrosphere more viable?

Even after the nerf Frost Bomb is still 50% better debuff than Hydrosphere. The only situation I would pick Hydrosphere over Frost Bomb (and I am really considering it) is using it to generate power charges with Power Charge on Critical if you do not use Farrul's (or use Replica)

The medium cluster with cold conduction and stormrider gives us power charges
"
"
Riviar90 wrote:
"
TheZerion wrote:

The medium cluster with cold conduction and stormrider gives us power charges

Ah, you are right. I forgot about that. No point in hydropshere then
So far, having fun with this build- never played it so it's an interesting playstyle. Lvl 60, died a few times in ultimatums but nowhere else. One thing that I'm not sure about is single target. If boss is static or coming at you, the nova's pass over without killing...

Do you continually fire frostbolts and novas in waves? Or load up frostbolts with as many novas as fast as you can?

Also, my gear is total shit. I get it. But are there some really cheap items that would help with damage or survivability? Cheap as in under 5c. I know I have a lot of grinding to do.

Current gear:
You should get a nice staff like a Taryns with 5 links. It's 1 chaos and allows you to utilize all the nice staff nodes on the passive tree but requires 4 more levels...
For single target use frostbite, maybe some damage flask like a Diamond one and stand still while repeatedly casting ice nova on your frostbolt projectiles.
Hey guys.. :)

I guess I must have missed something.
When using the League Start PoB.. there is the medium cluster Jewel in the upper left corner, which gives us effect to our curses and culling strike via Wish for Death against cursed enemies.

I went through every skill in the setup in the guide... I can*t find a single curse.

Am I blind or just plain stupid? ^^
Any help will be appreciated.

Thx in advance. :)

Rick
I was also a bit confused by this, as it's a little hard to spot in the guide! No worries. I eventually found it: you have two options for curses.

One is to get a ring that gives curse on hit ("Curse enemies with Frostbite on hit,..."). I was able to get a decent one for not too much (T2 mod with 20% isn't too bad - T1 mod is pricy...)

Second option is: can add Frostbite as a link with Hextouch on your Frostbolt.

In the guide, it's under ring info, for Jewelry.
Thx a lot, mate! :D
Still leveling, probably missed it.. what do we do for shielded dudes? Go stand next to them and bolt/nova? Or is there something we need to get to get through the shield?
"
saxisa wrote:
Still leveling, probably missed it.. what do we do for shielded dudes? Go stand next to them and bolt/nova? Or is there something we need to get to get through the shield?

Cast frosbolt and go in their shield to cast (or on a repeat if you have pledge of hand) when the forstbolt is in;

How do you deal with soul eater mobs in ultimatum ?
Last edited by Pandaroux on Apr 22, 2021, 5:42:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info