What to Expect From the 3.9.0 Expansion

We all know what to expect... a buggy mess that will take 2 months to come out of the beta stage it is released in like the last 5-6 leagues...
"The same procedure as every year, James!"
Last edited by Th69 on Oct 14, 2019, 2:35:14 AM
Oh goodie, another chance to be a beta tester!
"
Drimli wrote:
We all know what to expect... a buggy mess that will take 2 months to come out of the beta stage it is released in like the last 5-6 leagues...

HAHAHA Took the words right out of my mouth.

Yeah, it all started going downhill about 2 years ago. All the hype is gone, next league - meh. Buggy mess as usual with half-arsed raw mechanics.
Blight doesn't provide an enjoyable risk / reward mix. Rewards are heavily back-loaded, conditional on mission success, and there is a big gap between builds in their odds of success. In particular, builds that require active gameplay to be successful are at a substantial disadvantage in blight, which is unfortunate.

I'm not alone in feeling this way, based on feedback from others. Hopefully 3.9 won't repeat the blight pattern of bringing together both ...

1. Heavy backloading of rewards
2. Very large differences across builds in how well they clear conditions needed to receive rewards
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Hopefully we get some new interesting crafting mods like we got it from Shaped/elder items, synthesis and delve.

Blight lacked in this domain a bit, anoints are cool but you after you got one there is not much to do then.
Last edited by deceitfulredeyes on Sep 14, 2021, 3:32:43 PM
"
EzequielD11 wrote:

He hasnt seen the problems even though he has a character named high dps low fps, then on top of that all his characters are in standard, yikes. no wonder hes never seen any issues.

Ah yes, the good ol' "he plays standard" attack because you have nothing else lmao. How about you stop playing on your Walmart PC you got for 399 15 years ago and get something that can run games. 6th generation i5 and a GTX 1070 is what I use and it runs the game flawlessly. It isnt expensive either.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"

a good balance of risk vs reward, compelling endgame content and is a whole lot less server-melty.

thank you, as you can tell, i kinda skipped this league because my com melted
Whaat I dont get it
PoE works perfectly fine for me
I dont remember stats of my laptop but its from 2014... Idk I remember I had GTX 870 graphic card and 4-core procesor
And I like playing poe because its one of few cool games that work really good on my old laptop
I had 0 rips due to performance issues even when I was still playing on HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info