An Update About the Launch of Path of Exile: Blight on Xbox One

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've just gotten word that the update is becoming available in the Xbox store and can now be downloaded. We're starting an in-game countdown now to bring the realm now, at which point we'll migrate the Legion league, and begin the Blight challenge league. We expect downtime to be roughly 1 hour.

thank you, Jeff.
xbox poe.. where people want e̶x̶a̶l̶t̶s̶ divines for junk items ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've just gotten word that the update is becoming available in the Xbox store and can now be downloaded. We're starting an in-game countdown now to bring the realm now, at which point we'll migrate the Legion league, and begin the Blight challenge league. We expect downtime to be roughly 1 hour.

Thank you.

Yes, we were upset because the season start was "thrown away", but you also had to deal with those issues and solved it asap. Lets hope for easy and funny grinds from now on. :)
My box is indicating an update happening.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
are you fucking serious? You release a league restart 10 hours after your original launch? without even giving racers a heads up first?

You people are incompetent
Played some other stuff, watched The Deuce's season premier, and had a nice early sleep while you guy's sorted it all out (Like any rational, mature person would do) So i'm all rested and ready to SSF. Thanks for working on it no-doubt into your overtime hours for us Jeff et-al! Shit happen's right?
How are the Xbox servers this morning?
Just in case it's needed, "How to avoid common Certification Errors in the submission process":

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/avoid-common-certification-failures

And, the above link can also give players insight into the Certification process and what it's all about. Other resources are also available with simple internet search. In a nutshell:

Does it turn the Xbox into a dumpster-fire?
Does it inappropriately touch stuffs in the beloved Xbox it's not supposed to fondle?
Does it have boobies in it, but isn't ESRB rated for Boobies?
Does it Crash as soon as the player hits the "Play" button?

And... that's about it. Of course, it could have been due to something else in there, somewhere.

Note: The Certification process isn't "bugtesting" by M$oft any further than making sure it doesn't insta-crash, light the XBox on fire or cause security issues. "Content Testing" for in-game bugs isn't what they do.

The "Process" - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/the-app-certification-process
"
Twitchtwisted wrote:

I'm disconnecting every few minutes, desyncing and loosing items and xp
"
MURD3RMACH1N3 wrote:
"
Twitchtwisted wrote:

I'm disconnecting every few minutes, desyncing and loosing items and xp

Ah, glad to know it's working normally...
Brilliant... Release when everyone that cares, and was actively on standby for the planned release, had already waited 12 hours and went to bed.

In the future, you need to give everyone ample heads-up about the launch... whether delayed or not. Setup Mobile text notifications or email notifications or ANYTHING and give everyone AT LEAST an hour notice before launching.

The lack of the communication with the delays, the lack of communication with the delayed launch... I think it's honestly enough for me. The XBOX community puts up with so much and rarely complains... A lot of us are OG's that were playing PC PoE in the first few years and were critical to converting a significant number of D2/D3 players... in turn, exponentially increasing the overall fan base. We're all older now and play a bit more casually nowadays. We like to be around our wife/families and are okay with the sacrifice of less keybindings than PC and the less than ideal controller layouts.

Consider this PoE OG gone. I wish I could pull the entire pedigree of folks that I influenced to come to PoE vs. D2. RIP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info