Path of Exile: Blight Teasers

"
boomwolf wrote:
"
Seems to be a sacrifice you just have to accept if you choose to play solo leagues. I feel the cards are intentionally made to be hard to find so everyone cant just have really good items instantly.

There is "hard to find", and then there is "virtually non-existent"

As a SSF player, and one that isn't the top 0.1% of pros, so much content is just...meaningless.
Forget not even knowing how to properly use it, I outright CANT use it even if I want to, because I could never, ever actually get it.

And too much PoE content lately seems to fall into this category.
Sure, they have to add content to immense the top of the top, and the players who trade, but it seems the SSF and the 90% of the population that hits a brick wall somewhere in the middle of the atlas (due to time limits, lacking skills or simply computers/internet that can't handle the SFX madness taht is endgame) are getting little to no thought.

More cards are added, further diluting the pile, making it even less likely you can actually FINISH one, let alone the one you want.
They were supposed to be build enablers of sorts, letting you guarantee that one piece you absolutely need will eventually be obtained if you decide to focus on it-but currently it just DOESNT, because there are tons of cards and they drop very rarely to begin with.

You choose to play SSF, welcome to a consequence of that decision.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Vegacius wrote:
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
"

How do you know they are capped?
I thought the lvl of the spectre is now based on gem?

Read raise spectre gem description

Skin of loyal +1. +1 currupt.
2 x wands +1
Necro +2
Rank 26 = a lvl 86 spectre. Not hard to understand

Yes, if you say it like this, everything is capped.

He wrote sth about lvl 84 in shapers realm, which is irrelevant now since the spectres get their level from the gem.

We don't know every reworked unique and every new notable passive, maybe 86 is not the end?

"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
"

Maybe you should read it?
Clearly states it is based on the gem level, like he said.
Just don't get hit 4Head
"
Naedingur wrote:
Aaaaaaand specters are not only screwed, the playstyle itself is getting the nerfbat by making it mandatory to get Unnatural Strength on the ascendancy tree.

Meaning 4 of 8 points are set in stone and you only get to choose with the rest. You also need to corrupt your spectre gem to 21 and get + minion gem mods on items. Sure, let's call that itemization if you want. I sure won't.

What is the point of getting "Spectres of higher levels we never had before" when they cap out at 84 in the shapers realm anyway? The missing 100% damage/life are also an absolute kick in the nuts for spectremancers.

And removing the increased convocation cooldown recovery is the exact opposite of QoL.

Some rework.

May I suggest reading up on all the changes as a whole rather than judging one thing in isolation from the rest?
Do you think it is better when getting a lvl 21 corruption is pretty much completely useless, compared to actually being something to work towards?

-They are changing many items to grant global gem levels rather than local
-Moving most of the Necro stuff to the gems themselves.
-They don't cap out based on zone level
-Unnatural Strenght isn't mandatory at all
-Higher levels + necro/skill tree changes for more life
-Probably moved the CDR to the convo gem itself like the other stuff
Just don't get hit 4Head
"
"
cimerea wrote:
Taking into account the tweaks to Raider, if someone is dead set on playing her with TS, does it make sense to skip Avatar of the Slaughter, go full Avatar of the Veil and then the last two passives saved from Slaughter into Rapid Fire. Provided you aim at an elemental build.
Cause as I see it, Avatar of the slaughter is really underwhelming if you want to go elemental.

If you wanna go Raider, you definitely wanna build around frenzy and go Avatar of the Veil.
Stack frenzy effects with Darkray and through tree, Hopeshredder, and a QotF.
Loads of MS/AS/DMG/Evasion from the charges

Well Avatar of the Veil is a given, but what I want to consult on is: should I go 2/4/2 in the ascendancy branches or stick to the old fassioned 4/4/0 (counting from bottom to top). Since after the changes Avatar of the Slaughter seems meh, at least for elemental builds, I am inclined towards 2/4/2 but sure as hell I'm not an expert, so I would appreciate some outside perspective.

Or maybe those changes make an ele-conversion raider more of a looker and then 4/4/0?
"
Vizionkore wrote:
More Breachstones

fix the trade from afk's

my last leauege me and friends because trade is bad we waste like 30 min to find 1 item

acution house maybe
"
Vegacius wrote:
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
"

Skin of loyal +1. +1 currupt.
2 x wands +1
Necro +2
Rank 26 = a lvl 86 spectre. Not hard to understand

Remove skin of loyal and two wands and you are good to go.
Except that previously even with no + minion levels you could obtain spectres of max level easily. Now it is all about the gear which is not fair.
"
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
"

Maybe you should read it?
Clearly states it is based on the gem level, like he said.

Yes and capped at level 80 for lvl 20 gem. Previously there were no such cap and you could obtain maxl lvl spectres easily.
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
Yes and capped at level 80 for lvl 20 gem. Previously there were no such cap and you could obtain maxl lvl spectres easily.
You can obtain current max lvl 84 Spectres very easily. 21 Spectre gem, Unnatural Strength, and one item with +1 all gem level = lvl 84 Spectres.

Even in SSF, you can corrupt all Spectre gems you've leveled and keep the rest for 21/20 after you have the 21. Bones of Ullr, which you would have needed anyway, gets +1 all Zombie/Spectre gems, so 84 is basically the new base level for a Necromancer, and you can increase it a lot further with gear.
"
cimerea wrote:
"
"
cimerea wrote:
Taking into account the tweaks to Raider, if someone is dead set on playing her with TS, does it make sense to skip Avatar of the Slaughter, go full Avatar of the Veil and then the last two passives saved from Slaughter into Rapid Fire. Provided you aim at an elemental build.
Cause as I see it, Avatar of the slaughter is really underwhelming if you want to go elemental.

If you wanna go Raider, you definitely wanna build around frenzy and go Avatar of the Veil.
Stack frenzy effects with Darkray and through tree, Hopeshredder, and a QotF.
Loads of MS/AS/DMG/Evasion from the charges

Well Avatar of the Veil is a given, but what I want to consult on is: should I go 2/4/2 in the ascendancy branches or stick to the old fassioned 4/4/0 (counting from bottom to top). Since after the changes Avatar of the Slaughter seems meh, at least for elemental builds, I am inclined towards 2/4/2 but sure as hell I'm not an expert, so I would appreciate some outside perspective.

Or maybe those changes make an ele-conversion raider more of a looker and then 4/4/0?

Only case where it could considered bad for elemental builds is if you're talking about casters. Otherwise the effects apply to any attack based build.
The only thing Rapid Assault would give you is easier Onslaught sustain on bosses without the need for flask or adds, other than that its 20% dmg and 5% evade, which pales in comparision to the frenzy charge bonuses.

To put simply: Most effective way to play a Raider rn, is to build around frenzy charges, as all of their effects applies to any form of attack/speedy build. Great evasion/AS/MS/More dmg/generic dmg + attack dmg scaling, with potential for added dodge/cold dmg/chance to avoid ele dmg scaling as well.
This can be further enhanced by things like Darkray, Hopeshredder (for bow builds), and potentially massively enhanced by a good Precursor's Sapphire Ring.
Just don't get hit 4Head

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info