[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"

looks good!

One thing I saw is you have over invested in Impale chance. You don't need Rotten Claws any more as you already have 100% chance with out it.

You will be able to trade that for a damage cluster node of your choice (I tried Renewal in that spot but you may do better with something else).

I have to study those split personality jewels you are using. I have never used them but they are giving you a ton of ES and Armor! They seem so much stronger than even a well rolled rare jewel.

Can you tell me more about these Split Personality jewels and if there is any downside I am missing? I do se your DPS is a little bit lower than what I have but you are going to get some DPS back when you change out rotten claws.

Oh yeah I saw you mention the impale stuff previously, what are our sources? Obviously the impale support and Dread Banner, but what gets us the last 20%? Can't easily find it.
After looking some more I realized the alternate quality impale gives an additional 10%, but even then that'd leave 10% that I cannot find.

As for the split personalities, you have the base of two rolled stats on it, and for every passive of travel back to the templar start they gain 25% increased effect. So, the travel distance for my tree is 44 points, making an even 1100% increased effect which in turn means 5x11= 55int and 55mana. Which in turn means roughly 82 mana and 10% increased energy shield per split personality.

EDIT: And even then, I'm not terribly impressed with our options for notables.
The double damage on full life one you mention has some promise as you refresh heralds constantly, but what if we instead cut another impale source? We lose a lot of impale effect if I remember correctly from patch notes, getting some more impale effect in of itself might be decent too?

EDIT2: Tested these variations, Feasting fiends loses out to rotten claws and impale effect in terms of raw damage. But as you say if you can keep your minions at full life efficiently, Renewal is the largest damage boost. The conditional is a bit out there though and as I haven't played a HoP build before, I can't vouch for how easy it is to keep them at full life.
Last edited by Nickolai20599 on Jul 23, 2021, 8:03:43 AM
How much 3.15 will affect the build? Will it be still viable?
I updated a few sections, notably the "3.15 notes" part, and the PoB section (the PoB itself is unchanged, I just listed it as 3.15).

"
Jack0o wrote:
How much 3.15 will affect the build? Will it be still viable?

With the changes I made, we lose around 17% total DPS, and don't lose any defence. So it's still very viable, and less affected than most builds.
Sounds great. Seems like I've found my winner build for the next league :) Thank you for your hard work and a very detailed guide! :)

PS. Just to be sure - PoB is updated, right? I'm asking because skill trees have "[3.14]" prefixes.
Last edited by Jack0o on Jul 23, 2021, 8:26:44 AM
"
Jack0o wrote:
Sounds great. Seems like I've found my winner build for the next league :) Thank you for your hard work and a very detailed guide! :)

PS. Just to be sure - PoB is updated, right? I'm asking because skill trees have "[3.14]" prefixes.

Thank you, it means a lot! ^^

As for the PoB: it is updated, but there have been no changes in the trees, so they're still labelled "3.14". I'll change that, but the trees are exactly the same. :)
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"

looks good!

One thing I saw is you have over invested in Impale chance. You don't need Rotten Claws any more as you already have 100% chance with out it.

You will be able to trade that for a damage cluster node of your choice (I tried Renewal in that spot but you may do better with something else).

I have to study those split personality jewels you are using. I have never used them but they are giving you a ton of ES and Armor! They seem so much stronger than even a well rolled rare jewel.

Can you tell me more about these Split Personality jewels and if there is any downside I am missing? I do se your DPS is a little bit lower than what I have but you are going to get some DPS back when you change out rotten claws.

Oh yeah I saw you mention the impale stuff previously, what are our sources? Obviously the impale support and Dread Banner, but what gets us the last 20%? Can't easily find it.
After looking some more I realized the alternate quality impale gives an additional 10%, but even then that'd leave 10% that I cannot find.

As for the split personalities, you have the base of two rolled stats on it, and for every passive of travel back to the templar start they gain 25% increased effect. So, the travel distance for my tree is 44 points, making an even 1100% increased effect which in turn means 5x11= 55int and 55mana. Which in turn means roughly 82 mana and 10% increased energy shield per split personality.

The double damage on full life one you mention has some promise as you refresh heralds constantly, but what if we instead cut another impale source? We lose a lot of impale effect if I remember correctly from patch notes, getting some more impale effect in of itself might be decent too?

EDIT2: Tested these variations, Feasting fiends loses out to rotten claws and impale effect in terms of raw damage. But as you say if you can keep your minions at full life efficiently, Renewal is the largest damage boost. The conditional is a bit out there though and as I haven't played a HoP build before, I can't vouch for how easy it is to keep them at full life.

hello! Thank you for sharing the information about the notables.

In terms of Impale chance, the Impale support gem has been increased from 40% chance to Impale, all the way up to 60% (70% if you use an Anomalous). Divergent Dread Banner covers the rest for us to get us to 100% chance (103% to be exact after the tree is filled out) so Rotten Claws is not needed any more.

In terms of full life, the Spiders are invulnerable, so they stay on full life always so they get full benefit from the Renewel. The Sentinels do not stay on full life always, so they benefit from it less (significantly).
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 23, 2021, 9:18:55 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
Split personality jewels are good but cant compete against really good abyss jewels. Its a cheap alternative before you buy perfect jewels.

Someone mentioned 17% damage loss, thats actually way less than I expected. I had something between 12/14 million dps in ritual league so I doubt it will make any real difference.

Im way more concerned with trigger skills costing mana and not having a dousing/staunching flask permanently up.

Thank you for the info about split personality. I made the change in my POB and you were correct that they did provide me less than my current rare jewels as both my armor and ES dropped a touch.

If you create a POB with any where near only 17% off of 12 million DPS, can you please post it? The highest I have seen after the nerfs in 3.15 is about 3.5m and that is with a decent amount of GG stuff and the tree full. Note that the build creator who mentioned only 17% off is showing under 3m for his total DPS. My build took close to a 45% DPS shaving and is coming in between 3 and 3.5m right now.

This build does not employ many triggers. My only trigger is Cast When Stunned and we can handle the mana cost easy enough.

The flasks on the other hand could suck. Yesterday though I took my full 3.14 build of this build back into standard and played alched T16 maps with no flasks attached (outside of the writhing jar) and had no problems defensively.

Even with the flask nerfs we should be a tank. Killing large single targets appears like it is going to take much longer though.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 23, 2021, 9:24:55 AM
"

If you create a POB with any where near only 17% off of 12 million DPS, can you please post it? The highest I have seen after the nerfs in 3.15 is about 3.5m and that is with a decent amount of GG stuff and the tree full. Note that the build creator who mentioned only 17% off is showing under 3m for his total DPS. My build took close to a 45% DPS shaving and is coming in between 3 and 3.5m right now.

Oh I just assumed the 17% is the average the build lost across the board. I didnt make a PoB for this league. Im starting dom blow or the new ranged one and respec later. You can check my character Zonko_Pantless if you are interested in the gear/tree of the version I ran in Ritual.
"
Zerber wrote:

Oh I just assumed the 17% is the average the build lost across the board. I didnt make a PoB for this league. Im starting dom blow or the new ranged one and respec later. You can check my character Zonko_Pantless if you are interested in the gear/tree of the version I ran in Ritual.

Thanks for the pointer to your build. That build you put together looked incredible! I did not see any one the entire Ultimatum league with the perfect double corruption on the chest like you had.

Your build (using the common config that most are using) comes in at 4.4m DPS for 3.15, which is excellent on the surface.

Unfortunately that build as you designed it in ritual no longer functions in 3.15 due to mana issues. Your Ritual build has a massive -37% mana pool right now so in 3.15 the build would need a lot of changes to work and my guess is that once you have to make the changes to fix the mana issues, your DPS may drop.

The mana nerfs this league are no joke. Every build is having to deal with them. :(
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 23, 2021, 10:55:16 AM
"
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"

looks good!

hello! Thank you for sharing the information about the notables.

In terms of Impale chance, the Impale support gem has been increased from 40% chance to Impale, all the way up to 60% (70% if you use an Anomalous). Divergent Dread Banner covers the rest for us to get us to 100% chance (103% to be exact after the tree is filled out) so Rotten Claws is not needed any more.

In terms of full life, the Spiders are invulnerable, so they stay on full life always so they get full benefit from the Renewel. The Sentinels do not stay on full life always, so they benefit from it less (significantly).

After considering it some, it's probably indeed correct to go with Renewal.
I also forgot all about considering aura effectiveness with Dread banner, massive oversight. But with that in mind, I achieve 1.44% aura effect with my PoB, meaning that just the normal dread banner quality (10% aura effect) would make it reach a bit more than 30% impale chance, meaning that alongside divergent impale you reach the 100% mark. It's only slightly better than the divergent Dread banner, but better nonetheless.
Last edited by Nickolai20599 on Jul 23, 2021, 11:22:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info