Boss Fight Improvements in Path of Exile: Legion

love it
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
also improve boss loot will be good ... otherwise killing boss pointless
i like the changes and im not entirely against phased bosses like a lot of the people posting tbh. I get why theyre annoyed though.

I do feel they are at odds with the playstyle of the game, my take is that the playstyle the game has adopted is the main problem rather than the bosses. I think u guys left vaal spark in the game way too long, and now what ud had to do is make every viable skill vaal spark rather than saying ok, vaal spark is an abomination and destroying it as soon as it reared its awful head.

When uve got people just zooming through maps at the speed of their movement skills barely stopping for a second to wipe out everything it removes so much from the game. You now cant have any meaningful monster encounters, that includes but is not limited to phased bosses. Anything interesting u add to normal monsters has to be essentially a 1 shot, preferably a 1 shot that is inflicted by some mechanic that happens after they die because its very rare they will get to attack while alive. Looting becomes and idiots activity because the time it takes to pick up 1 item is now being weighed against such a huge amount of killing and progress through the area. Skills that tackle small amounts of mobs quickly cant exist because ur skills that tackle a lot of mobs are instantly wiping screens, so u simply cant balance big aoe vs small aoe/single target, this makes all the skills start to feel the same.

So you lose looting, you lose gameplay and you lose tangible build/skill variety... are those not core essentials in this loot based action rpg game that we play whos big selling points are strong, diverse, deep build/skill/loot systems?

This is the cost of the cheap shot power creep thats been used to sell the next big idea constantly, its killed whats good about the game, and thats why ur suffering the backlash against stuff like phased bosses. When dominus was phased no one cared, there was no outcry, this is the difference in poe then and now.

You dont need everything to be so ridiculously strong and powercreeped beyond sense to sell the next league every time and get people back. You make great content just have faith that the content itself sells bringing us back and that if we dont get showered with op items from the word go then sure, ull get a small minority that say "oh its not rewarding" but ultimately for the majority the game will have more shelf life. People will have a reason to keep playing to get that hard to find gear that lets them grind the red maps etc. I shouldnt feel like I can get the budget to buy red map gear from playing 10 white maps, thats where we are at right now, so by the time I even loot a single red map my char is so powerful it can instantly delete a red map boss unless its phased, thats why phasing feels so bad ultimately. Its a good mechanic that is out of place in a game that is really badly balanced right now in terms of loot vs difficulty vs build power balance/potentials.
I still don't get it what's the change LUL
So multi-phased cancer on bosses is spreading more?

Not good..
This should be reserved for unique bosses.

Now bosses not worth time they demanding. Not exp wise, not loot wise at all. Not even close. Too much bosses already even if playing with mateys in party like "oh good, this map is done, we happy we will never see this boss again". They are just annoying on common.

^^ feedback, pls listen
"
DarkJen wrote:
So multi-phased cancer on bosses is spreading more?

Not good..
This should be reserved for unique bosses.

Now bosses not worth time they demanding. Not exp wise, not loot wise at all. Not even close. Too much bosses already even if playing with mateys in party like "oh good, this map is done, we happy we will never see this boss again". They are just annoying on common.

^^ feedback, pls listen

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000~
"

Me neither lol
I would honestly prefer Kitava and co. having no immunity phases at all. (act bosses immunity phases are acceptable, remove for map bosses completely)

But if they steadily spawn rares and/or magic packs with respectable loot during them (Desert Spring last few leagues), that's a compromise I can support.
"
The spider boss alone:

Before: spider leaves arena, weak pointless spiders spawn with no exp or loot.
After: spider leaves arena, rare and magic less pointless spiders with exp and loot, hopefully including good maps and currency. (Desert Spring gauntlet, totally worth the time spent)
THe dankness is awesmoness! Can't wait!!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info