[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

Got Uber Elder really smooth this time. Only 1 fatal mistake!
Got to say Pandemonius and 10ex weapon is overated. Decent Dps and 6k HP with these items.
Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/neU86hflo1I

Link for path of building:
https://pastebin.com/6TdW0TRC

Again many thanks to Lyxara for this guide
Last edited by Emmeric21 on Apr 3, 2019, 8:24:50 AM
What do you put your final 7 points into?

Is the below a good use of them?

3 at Lightning and cold resistance node + gem node above Sentinel (for green nightmare)

3 at 2xflask effect and Alchemist

1 at the Life node next to Constitution

Aside from overpriced charge +2 Winter Orb enchantment helmet, I think I finally reach the ultimate gear goal of this build.

My build is quite different from what normally people would have run, but I think it is for the better because it solves most of the issues this build could have. (Namely lack of efficient leech). With new Circle of Fear, our ring slot is basically freed up from using an Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring , and we can instead use Shaper's spell on hit heal for quick life gain on top of using a different curse.

Also my setup utilize Watcher Eye that has -10 mana cost when I have lv1 clarity and +15% cast speed when using Zealoustry. This setup pairing with my ring, effectively bring the WO cost to 0, making no regen map a breeze. This build can also easily do no leech / hexproof map because on hit heal ignores leech. This is why I dislike using Warlord Mark ring because it has too many restrictions as a safety measure. On top of that, because I'm not running Warlord mark anymore, I can either run enfeeble or temporal chain for even more safety measure, binding with my Herald of Thunder.

For more safety measure, I use 0.6% damage leech enchantment on boot to compensate for the drop of Warlord Mark. Btw, I accidentally crafted that overpriced boot on my own with the stuffs I got from Nexus out of pure luck, you don't need this boot to get Onslaught. Just link it to Herald of Thunder and it'd be good enough to maintain Onslaught during mapping.

The Pob is showing 620k dps x 7 projectiles against shaper using the Faster Casting setup, and 800k dps x 7 projectiles when replacing Faster Casting to Concentration effect. (For bossing) (Both are when Vaal RF is up)
Last edited by mic01851165 on Apr 3, 2019, 6:12:14 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Aside from overpriced charge +2 Winter Orb enchantment helmet, I think I finally reach the ultimate gear goal of this build.

My build is quite different from what normally people would have run, but I think it is for the better because it solves most of the issues this build could have. (Namely lack of efficient leech). With new Circle of Fear, our ring slot is basically freed up from using an Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring , and we can instead use Shaper's spell on hit heal for quick life gain on top of using a different curse.

Also my setup utilize Watcher Eye that has -10 mana cost when I have lv1 clarity and +15% cast speed when using Zealoustry. This setup pairing with my ring, effectively bring the WO cost to 0, making no regen map a breeze. This build can also easily do no leech / hexproof map because on hit heal ignores leech. This is why I dislike using Warlord Mark ring because it has too many restrictions as a safety measure. On top of that, because I'm not running Warlord mark anymore, I can either run enfeeble or temporal chain for even more safety measure, binding with my Herald of Thunder.

For more safety measure, I use 0.6% damage leech enchantment on boot to compensate for the drop of Warlord Mark. Btw, I accidentally crafted that overpriced boot on my own with the stuffs I got from Nexus out of pure luck, you don't need this boot to get Onslaught. Just link it to Herald of Thunder and it'd be good enough to maintain Onslaught during mapping.

The Pob is showing 620k dps x 7 projectiles against shaper using the Faster Casting setup, and 800k dps x 7 projectiles when replacing Faster Casting to Concentration effect. (For bossing) (Both are when Vaal RF is up)

Nice idea, I think you can try Solstice vigil instead of pandemoneous to further improve the build.
"
samuraihehe wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Nice idea, I think you can try Solstice vigil instead of pandemoneous to further improve the build.

I was thinking about using Vigil before, then I think I get more out from Pandemonious in the end since -20% res is quite useful against bosses, and permanent blind seems like a better safety measure for me.

Sigil's Temporal Chain can be obtained through Herald of Thunder linking to it, so mapping wise this isn't and issue. For boss encounter, I link Temporal Chain Curse on hit on my Frost Bomb. Not the most reliable source but it's still ok-ish. Alternatively I can just self cast Temporal Chain on boss. (It's not like we need to keep casting WO to maintain our maximum dps like other self cast builds)

The biggest benefit of Sigil is prob to increases the duration of WO by 50% when killing a rare or unique monster. It is a very attractive feature I were originally inclined to use, but then after getting enough cast speed, I can pretty much finish all 10 charges in 0.8 second, so the WO duration is not so much of an issue anymore since I can get to max charge so quickly. The on kill also means it'd probably be useless against bosses.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Apr 3, 2019, 2:27:51 PM
really enjoying this build so far, I have a question regarding Cold Snap. I have it setup in my weapon (CWDT-lvl-1 - Cold Snap-lvl-7 - Bonechill Support-lvl 17) And I don't think I've seen this skill proc once?
whats the ideal enchants for gloves and boots to hit in uber lab.
"
TraePOE wrote:
whats the ideal enchants for gloves and boots to hit in uber lab.

Boot enchantment is extremely flexible.

Want better bossing? Take penetration.
Want faster ms? Take 10% ms
Need leech if you're not using Warlord Mark? Take 0.6% leech life + mana
Need generally more dps for mapping? Take cold flat damage.
I've been wondering why most people use Mace+shield for winter orb builds. Is there a particular reason for using that combo over say 2 wands?
And then for the mace people use ele pen implicit, extra chaos damage explicit and multimods. Do you recommend doing the same assuming i have the currency?
"
curacaoblue1 wrote:
I've been wondering why most people use Mace+shield for winter orb builds. Is there a particular reason for using that combo over say 2 wands?
And then for the mace people use ele pen implicit, extra chaos damage explicit and multimods. Do you recommend doing the same assuming i have the currency?

Well the hands down best weapon implicit base for WO is 14% cast speed, so wand takes the cake I guess. (PS: I'm using Scepter only because I found this one with high cast speed and extra chaos damage super cheap, like 2 ex only, that's why I bought it and just multicraft it immediately)

As for dual wield vs shield, it depends on what you value.
I find my build have way more than enough dps already.
All contents basically explode instantly, regardless of mods/ in t16/ t16 small temple/ delve/ nexus.

Non Multiphase Bosses usually down in 2~5 secs. (Aside from Guardians with mods ofc. Only thing that I find super tanky now is +70% life mod cortex or Aul. Those are special case).

That's why I pick Shield because I value that extra bit of life. 6k+ life and 5k something life is a fickle range between being one shot by certain bosses / various mods monsters or survive with tiny bit of life. The only thing this build lack as far as I know is the capability to tank deadly one-shot which is very prevalent in 3.6 environment. Tbh if it's possible, I'd really want to go for 7k life, but it seems to be extremely difficult to do so with our builds without trading up alot of stuffs.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Apr 4, 2019, 12:33:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info