Announcing Path of Exile: Synthesis

Love to see the new impactful unqiue items! There are a lot of things that make PoE inovative and idosyncratic, but the one feature I love the most are the unqiue items. You almost never just find the better stats or just a power creep, you get trade-offs, negative effects, very niche effects, effects that come to power if specialized on and so forth.
In the last few expensions the unqiues were rather boring. They didn't really inspire a build or fit into a interesting existing one.

So great work for the new uniques. Ive seen 6 so far and at least 4 of them are inspiring! Hope to see more of this great work of design!
More Path of Streaming content.

I played Delve even though it was blatantly aimed at streamers. Got feed up with it's mechanics pretty quickly. It was not that the idea itself was bad, it was just how it was aimed at streamers with the whole mobs ridiculous damage, the darkness mechanics and so on.

Then i played Betrayl even though I also knew it was gonna be streamer content and I quit it a lot faster than I did delve. The apex was still terribly executed, delve was even worse than before and the betrayl specific things were absolutely ridiculously overpowered.

Now we have syntesys, where all of this was kept and what was added was, content where you have to move quick rather than just being able to play at your own pace. I almost bet any bosses added are probably bordering on the ridiculous as well.

Let's add all the nerfs that happened to traps and totems. Let's add that GGG wants to make self cast more viable and already gave to understand that they will do so by further nerfing anything not self cast rather than actually making self cast worth playing.

Nope, Path of Exile is going down the wrong road. It has been doing so for the past year and this time I'm not even going to bother. In fact I doubt that I will ever play again unless GGG steps back and starts thinking of all the bad decisions that have went into the game and actually bring the game back into what it was before then. A game where you could actually play it the way you wanted to rather than having to speed run everything like the world is ending with builds capable of face tanking shapper beams and doing over 10 million DPS.

Fortunately for me, torchlight frontiers is in the making and looking pretty decent. That might be a good alternative. That being said, even diablo immortal is starting to look good by comparision to PoE at this point so it's not exactly hard.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Feb 23, 2019, 5:33:34 PM
The more I watch the video, the more it looks like the same concept as Incursion was. Incursion was NOT a great League.
But then again, the League has not started yet, soo...
Looks cool, but just not excited for it yet. Definitely not excited about GGG putting more stuff behind supporter packs. Kind of not making me want to buy them anymore and I have bought a lot of them, ever since Closed Beta all those years ago.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
I hope the synthesis league will be better than the last league.
IGN Halkzbro
Last edited by Halkz on Apr 29, 2019, 9:56:16 AM
"
THE END OF THE PATH

As always every new expansion has its supporters and its critics.
In the end POE will always about grinding and its variations. I would have wished for a new act or something similar, maybe next time.

For me my "path" in Path of Exile (what a pun :-) is almost finished.
I have reached level 100 in standard last week which was always my main goal in this game.
Played over 800h with my char, I will never regret this time!

Path of Exile will always be something special to me, from time to time I will come back but at the time the road has come to an end in Wraeclast for me.

Thanks GGG for making this great game and all people who helped me to reach my final goal and make Allspark´s dream come true!

GRIND TO INFINITY!

I hit 100 about a month after Delve ended (reaching 99 in Delve) and I must say I felt like I finally “beat the game,” if you will. I felt like I could take it easy from that point on. Ofc I was just thrilled to see GGG introduce pure cheatstones to trivialize 100 right as I was slaving it in standard, but whatever. Every leagues seems to give you something for nothing and Betrayal will probably go down as the league that made it easy to hit 100.

Anyway congrats because I think I understand how you feel.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
The amount of negative comments are remarkable. I mean 90% of all comments here is how bad this patch will be. And this is before they even read any patch notes or for that matter - played it. Of course you can leave any feedback you want to, but by a glance of most of these negative-feedbackers i discover a trend.

It seems that most of the "worst" critique/feedback comes from acoounts that are from what most players would call "underperforming" (i have inspected their accounts/characters/challange progress etc). Well, I get it that some people dont have time to play 12+ hours per week. But that does not mean that GGG have to adapt/make a game to suit casual gamers. Of course there must always be some sort of rewarding for grinding. If you are a casual player with low playing hours - dont bash just cause you have more important things to do in your life. There are plenty of other games which direct to the casual player. Just roll with a game like Apex of Legends or Dota 2.

BUT, you can still be a casual gamer and succeed in every content of the game/legue. You just have to play smart. I mean, i manage to play this under 12 hours a week and "complete" the content in a given patch (not level 100 though, have to work on that some day).
I started play POE in Harbringer Legue and i did not even visit the wiki. I ran around with non-working support gems for days (after i figured out that skills had to be linked, wich also took several days). I still had fun and enjoyed the game!

I think this patch looks awesome and I'm looking forward to it. I missed first 3 weeks of Betrayal legue due to traveling so this time i will be ready and free to play the whole weekend =)
As an SSF player, this is the first time a league kept me playing over the course of three months. I usually get bored after a month or so but the amount of content and the accessibility in SSF (first time I was able to beat Shaper this league as completing the Atlas in SSF was much more doable). I’m a casual player and don’t play more than one or two hours a day.

I think the game is way better balanced in SSF with current content and am excited to see what Synthesis brings. I think SSF is really a great way to experience this game and it’s never been better. Keep up the good work!
Right on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info