Voice Acting in Path of Exile

Haha! I can totally hear Tahani coming through in Janus now!
IGN: TheNegusRuleEthiopia
Einhar captured the hearts of the community ?????
That guy gets the prize for the most annoying character ever on PoE. Please allow us to kill him in the next expansion.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Things seem to be getting kinda racy in this thread.

Also, I hate Aisling but love the voice actress.
when I think of poe voice acting, i think of the uber elder encounter:

shaper (in chat): "I may not remember... Ah!"

but he actually says: "I may not remem-CHA!"

annoys the fuck out of me every time.
Last edited by dachoppa on Feb 12, 2019, 7:18:50 PM
I'm dying to know if we will get more voiced lines for the main characters. I would love to know what the Witch thinks of returning to Oriath, or what the Templar thinks about after killing Innocence.
"
Einhar was always going to have an eastern european accent.

He does not at all sound like someone with an eastern european accent.
All I recognized was his crippled language which I thought fit in a way since he probably lived (lives?) a life similar to tarzan?
Perception is reality.
"
Erasculio wrote:
I'm dying to know if we will get more voiced lines for the main characters. I would love to know what the Witch thinks of returning to Oriath, or what the Templar thinks about after killing Innocence.

and level 50/75/90/100 I think they stop at lv 30, sad
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
ONLY METAL MUSIC
The Holy Bible
Last edited by Scryer16 on Feb 12, 2019, 7:29:48 PM
"
Chris Wilson famously played the toughest of the Forsaken Masters -- Krillson. I believe the guy who opens the gate to Lioneye's Watch after you slay Hillock is voiced by Andrew Reid, one of our Audio Engineers. I think that's it? ...at least for now.

Bex voice character incoming!
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Feb 12, 2019, 7:38:54 PM
The voice acting has been good for a while now but I hope you guys will learn to use it better if triggered in action.

Einhar is perfect, says things that aren’t too long at gameplay points that aren’t distracting. The beasts are usually the highest hp mob around so when they die it is a calm and clear moment, perfect time to talk. Only improvement for him I’d suggest would for him not to repeat same sayings in back to back captures.

Navali is probably the worst, just blabbing on and on saying the longest and corniest things, often at very insignifigant moments due to the nature of prophecy, made even worse by the purple box popping up on screen. So unpleasant, a lot of players have a Pavlovian response to her voice to hit the space bar. The quest completion text on the right side of the screen is enough.

With the Syndicate and Jun what you tried to do was cool but didn’t take in to account the reality of gameplay. Each of them announcing themselves when they join the fight, Jun talking back, then saying something when they die, and the Jun talking shit all becomes a super jumbled mess when you have the dps to kill them quickly. The sayings announcing themselves should be way shorter, maybe shorter the more members are going to join in. Jun’s sayings could be way less frequent.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info