Voice Acting in Path of Exile

"
Einhar captured the hearts of the community ?????
That guy gets the prize for the most annoying character ever on PoE. Please allow us to kill him in the next expansion.

+1
"
reprot9x wrote:
"
Einhar captured the hearts of the community ?????
That guy gets the prize for the most annoying character ever on PoE. Please allow us to kill him in the next expansion.

+1

Awww, c'mon. Who's unhappy to see Einhar show up and a big brown banner appear "Gotta catch 'em all!" on your screen?

it's almost as good as the times you're running along and see a big pile of yellow doo-doo and Niko's lift appears out of nowhere. <3

@xamarion1985: totally agree. Except Templar needs to lighten tf up. Besides the blistering Highland culdee reaming he read Dominus after killing him, he was a broken record of decidedly non-heretical pablum. "The corrupted shall fall..." A magnificent burr like Templar's is wasted on crappy dogma.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
I always try to replica voice lines of characters in games. I like the idea of being a voice actor. I hope that i can be the voice of a character from Path of Exile one day.
"
J4zzyJ wrote:

Wow. Good to know. So he sounds exactly like Chris, and does a terrible job of reading some of the worst lines I've ever seen/heard. Can't win them all I guess.

Some of the boss soul-taking lines are so bad I portal out ASAP - I think the worst is the

"My love - you were too good for this world" one - it's cringing in extremis

They clearly said "deadpan" and the guy heard "braindead" - he's reading words written to be emotional with zero emotion - like a zombie reading greeting cards ;0

Some of the earlier lore/dialog writing is really good too - like when they even pronounced Doedre's name properly (the tablet you read in the Western Forest IIRC) ;0

Later they massacre her name in many other silly ways but it's clearly Doo-eee-dr-ee not DO DREE or DO-DER-EE
So can we get the old Vagan voice back the new one is terrible
It That Fled ...

Best voice acting I've ever had the pleasure to experience, by far.

Amazing.
So yeah, I wonder what's the status of that "player character comments beyond act 4" thing.

Still waiting for what the Marauder has to say when he kills fucking Tukohama whose name he's been invoking for 4 acts straight, and what the Templar has to say when he basically kills God.
Last edited by Xfing on Feb 19, 2019, 6:04:09 PM
The Syndicate voice acting in Betrayal is absolutely fabulous and make the game for me.
Its time to buff summoners and all minions!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Souleus wrote:
I voiced the Cow King in D2 (among other fun stuff, but that's probably the piece that is most quickly recognizable). Interesting how little has changed in the world of voice compared to the world of graphics.

Not only does the cow king use the same audio files from the other cows in D2, but I've heard a former blizzard north employee say that those files were just made by sampling "moo"s from various developers around the office rather than through any real casting or other standard voice acting procedure.

So yeah, gonna call bullshit. Is this when you pivot and claim that was a typo for "ghost of the cow king in D3"?

I was the dev who provided the moos, I won the mooing contest and recorded a bunch of variations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info