Rage Quitting

I'm kind of amazed at the amount of people who log out during matches. Sometimes it's after a loss in the first round. Other times it's if you have a counter to their one dimensional character (stun, freeze, etc...)

I guess pvp naturally attracts people who are more competitive in nature. Regardless, the poor sportsmanship boggles my mind at times.

I've been called numerous names including; gay, looser, noob, cheater. lol Weird shit.

I'm almost afraid to win sometimes due to the backlash I get afterwards. Not that I'm that amazing but I can hold my own most of the time.

Another thing, people getting offended at saying gg (good game) after a match. I'm not sure about the rest of the world but in Canada that's usually said as a polite gesture after sporting matches.

/rant
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Mar 6, 2013, 4:25:18 PM
Lol, my very first PvP match that I walked into, BEFORE having my guy decked out, BEFORE having him at level 28, I wont the first round and my opponent said: "fag" then logged out.

LOL

People go on tilt so easily it seems.
It's easy to say guys when anger does not comes to yourself. When I used to play counter strike I would promise before game that I will not go mad if I will die a lot, but after 30-60 minutes, I would enter rage mode lol.

I've noticed that anger becomes high and uncontrolable when you spend too much time on game and expect too much victory.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
I have exited out of matches in the past, generally its because I think 5 rounds of waiting to die is pointless.... They need to put in a button you can push that says, "I give up, you are superior" and then those of us that just dont want to sit around and wait, can move on.
Oh so this was the thread u were talking about.
Its because 5 round battles don't work. And some people only want to duel certain kinds of builds. Lord knows i don't want to duel anyone with temporal chains/ totem spamming when im a melee build.

We need a Free For All map where we can duel each like crazy with no score.

Sometimes I get matched against low level or weak players who can't even out dps my regen if I stand still or even kill themselves on thorns or tempest shield before they would ever kill me. If this is the kind of matchup I get I just leave because I feel bad stomping such a player.

On a non twink non level capped char sometimes I will do the same if I come up against a twink. There's really no point in playing this kind of matchup.

No matter what part of the gear spectrum my character is on, it will only be a satisfying duel if we have a similar level of gear and can have a close match with neither of us holding anything back.
Cant make me rage quit. (Opsec) in game. :)
I haven't had anyone rage at me in merciless pvp. Kind of nice.

Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Mar 14, 2013, 8:20:57 AM
"
Cant make me rage quit. (Opsec) in game. :)

You quit on me earlier! Maybe not out of rage though. lol I was kind of offended you thought I was going to be too easy a battle. Granted I was level 16 at the time. :p
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info