Introducing Instant Skills

A continual mana dump while moving could be quite enabling for certain mechanics (like Soulthirst or Zerphi's).
Does this change break Orb of Storms builds that use Tempest Shield spamming to trigger the orb rapidly? I've been playing this kind of build in the legacy race and it's been a lot of fun so I was hoping to run it in the next league as well.
As I understood it, the possibility for instant skills already existed as per warcries with Prayer of Glory.
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
Will we be able to cast while channeling, using cyclone, stuck in multistrike, etc.?
"
Immermnemion wrote:
As I understood it, the possibility for instant skills already existed as per warcries with Prayer of Glory.

Other way around, that ascendancy point does what it is kinda supposed to do now. (unless they replaced it but that would suck as they just fixed it)

HYPE
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 23, 2018, 9:18:30 PM
Finally something in alignment with the clear speed meta? Congratz
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
i look forward to this, cheers :)
Hell, it's about damn time.

Now if only you could finally implement right-click driving, where we can indefinitely hold the mouse button down to keep performing the same action whenever we mouseover/touch a target (otherwise runs) like we could in Diablo 2. In PoE it just flat runs to the spot you clicked on and uses the skill on the air (unless it's channeled), making it impossible.

Edit: Recorded a video of it for demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFfyo2rqkg

And speaking of channeled, when are we getting a Cyclone that functions like Diablo 3's Whirlwind instead of Diablo 2's?

Been my #1 requested feature since alpha, some 7 years ago now?
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Aug 24, 2018, 2:13:44 AM
pretty fucking good. yet another great QoL change. some skills definitely needed it.

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 23, 2018, 9:25:07 PM
If we remove the casting animation then what will happen to the Faster Casting sup and Spell Echo?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info