Scammers ruining free Lapidary Lens Giveaways. [Rant]

So just today I was able to get a T3 Gem Room, This came with of course the Lapidary Lens. I had announced in global that I was giving it away since I'm not interested on the double corruption gems anyway. I invited 2 people and both declined when they got into the room and then left leaving me with 2 less portals. At this point I had already left the Temple 2 times to empty up an inventory and had yet to finish the Omnitect Off and loot some offpath rooms. They both accused me of scamming. It took me about 5-10 minutes of channel surfing before somebody finally came and gave me a game they wanted double corrupted. He got a Level 19 23% Quality Barrage Gem in the end. (Good on him) So yeah that's my story.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2018, 6:32:19 AM
how can thezy accuse you of scamming if you gave away the lens for free?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
My guess is they assumed it was already used because I had cleared the Room of Enemies. Also only the Owner of the Temple can interact with the altars so they assumed I was going to steal their gems.
"
vio wrote:
how can thezy accuse you of scamming if you gave away the lens for free?

Ethical scamming... duh.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
My guess is they assumed it was already used because I had cleared the Room of Enemies. Also only the Owner of the Temple can interact with the altars so they assumed I was going to steal their gems.

Pretty much this. It's the same for T3 corruption rooms, I managed to sell a few of them at the start of the league for 1-2 ex, currently I usually can't even give them away now due to how scammers abuse it claiming the item "poofs" each time.
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.
I still keep T3 Corruption Rooms though as I'm trying to get Shadowstitch from the Sacrificial Garb Corruption. I haven't really sought after Lapidary Lens Corruption since I'm more than happy with just a 20q Vaal Gem that I buy from trading anyway.

My probable suggestion to "fix" it is possibly just forcing us to put them on the altars and then the altar would dump it on the ground after "Crafting" along with a visual effect happening on the altar to let us know if its used or not.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Jul 4, 2018, 2:55:44 AM
You are voluntarily participating in players vs players interaction mechanics created by GGG where decent players are helpless against scammers while scammers are actually protected by GGG (ignore list is not functional, no 'naming and shaming', no AH, in-game reports are ignored etc). Interactions like the one you described are expected outcome of such policy.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"

ah ok.

in this regard, ggg's bane is their "free accounts" system. it prevents all sort of rating systems cause players can easily get fake reputation.

originally the game used mtx as a reputation system. it showed you supported the game and are not keen on losing your account or getting witchhunted on reddit.

but then ggg started to give away mtx to players who just caused costs, a lost opportunity from my point of view.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Scammers ruining free Lapidary Lens Giveaways. [Rant]

"
So just today I was able to get a T3 Gem Room, This came with of course the Lapidary Lens. I had announced in global that I was giving it away since I'm not interested on the double corruption gems anyway. I invited 2 people and both declined when they got into the room and then left leaving me with 2 less portals. At this point I had already left the Temple 2 times to empty up an inventory and had yet to finish the Omnitect Off and loot some offpath rooms. They both accused me of scamming. It took me about 5-10 minutes of channel surfing before somebody finally came and gave me a game they wanted double corrupted. He got a Level 19 23% Quality Barrage Gem in the end. (Good on him) So yeah that's my story.

But those players were not scammers.

Why blatantly lie in the thread title OP?
The majority of the corruption / sacrifice sellers and giveaways are scams.
This is because it requires the item to be handed over and with corruption they can just say it proofed. Pretty common scam in trade 820.
The gem is different because it doesn't poof but always that chance if 20/20 gem getting stolen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info