When are we getting an optimization/performance update?

"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

It's always "UR PC SUXX NOOB!.. LOOL!!! GAME RUNS FINE ON MY $7000 PC LMAO NOOB UPGRADE UR POTATO!!!"

Forget them and focus on what I said. Might help a little. Dont get too hurt by people who can afford good computer because they still live under their mother skirt.

Going to try when I get home later, I gotta get going now thanks for the tips map.

"
Malone wrote:
Half Life 2 , LMAO, OP made my day. Nice shitposting.

I know it's hilarious isn't it? hl2 is from 2004 and it looks and runs 50x better.
In what universe does D2 have anywhere near good graphics? Come on now. It's one of the worst-looking games in the past twenty years. You may love the game for any number of things, but graphics certainly is not one of them. It was horribly dated even when released. I remember it clearly as I bought it on the release day. Loved the game, but hated the graphics. Still do. On top of that, it has aged very poorly and running it on any higher resolution screens is an awful experience. Passable on a 640x480 VGA CRT screen, but that's about it.

PoE is quite beautiful, though. If it's not for you I can only assume you've crippled it with the "Runescape hacks" you can do to the settings? That won't help much, either, except making it look terrible.

If you tell us what's inside your computer maybe we can help you out?
How you manage to lag is beyond me... Ive Locked mine, but without i'm at 250-300 FPS with everything maxed out... You playing on a 15 year old laptop?
OP may have an old computer but he is correct in that PoE does suck (and always has sucked) in the performance department. With my gaming rig specs:

Intel i7 (4core/8 thread) @ 3.5 GHz
8 GB of DDR3-1600 ram
nVidia 1060 AMP! video (4 GB ram)
500 GB Samsung 940 SSD
Windows 7 Pro
No Meltdown or Spectre OS patches (skipped them so no 15% performance loss)

All this and PoE still lags horribly frequently. Most noticeable in evening than early morning which tells me that the servers are overloaded with too many sessions per server cpu core. I'm in SW Florida and link to either WDC or Dallas is always in the 50 to 70ms latency range any time of day so it isn't an Internet speed problem. My Logitech G510 gaming keyboard has a nice LCD mini screen and one thing I can show is % cpu and memory load and running PoE isn't maxing out my cpu or ram so client PoE isn't crushing my rig. Only thing left is servers are overloaded and the game engine just plain sucks for performance. GGG has made incremental performance improvements (like changing burning ground effect, etc.) but has a very long way to go (maybe impossible with having to code their own graphics engine).

If it is server side overloading then the new league starting at 4:00 pm EST will certainly cause more lag and problems. We will soon know.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I bought my current PC in Sept 2016, certainly not a Ferrari by any means (just under 1000$ all in at the time).
Runs PoE and all my Steam games no problems.
Perhaps if you post your specs?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

but seriously it would help us if you posted your actual specs

then we may be able to diagnose the issue
I dont see any any key!
My computer does not suck but end game content and herald of ice will still drop it well below 40 fps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
The game still runs horribly. It looks like d2 and lags like I'm trying to render an entire galaxy.

Yes my computer sucks but when a game can look like d2 and still run that bad, it's the game. I even get 200~ fps on Half-Life 2 completely fine. When is PoE getting updated??? I know tons of people who don't play because the game runs so bad!!

Looks like D2? lol

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
DoubleU wrote:
I bought my current PC in Sept 2016, certainly not a Ferrari by any means (just under 1000$ all in at the time).
Runs PoE and all my Steam games no problems.
Perhaps if you post your specs?

Hmmm... So what are your specs? I posted mine and with my Internet average of 17 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up low latency (always < 100 ms and mostly in the 50 ms to 75 ms range) I still have lots of laggy play. With Bestiary I saw the re-emergence of rubberbanding too (was getting fewer and fewer of that shit until Bestiary league). So if you don't get much lag/rubberbanding then could you please share your gaming rig specs and why (best reason you can think of) you are not lagging. Every other on-line multiplayer game runs very smoothly. Thanks.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 1, 2018, 10:55:12 AM
It dont look like D2.
I cant complain.. i dont have any issues with lags or something.

2x8GB DDR4
Z270
GTX1050
Samsung Evo 500GB
50MBit Internet
Don't believe the Hype!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info