When are we getting an optimization/performance update?

The game still runs horribly. It looks like d2 and lags like I'm trying to render an entire galaxy.

Yes my computer sucks but when a game can look like d2 and still run that bad, it's the game. I even get 200~ fps on Half-Life 2 completely fine. When is PoE getting updated??? I know tons of people who don't play because the game runs so bad!!
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2018, 3:01:59 AM
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

Yes my computer sucks
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

Yes my computer sucks
Necropolis league G.O.A.T
"
Acolina87 wrote:
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

Yes my computer sucks
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
The game still runs horribly. It looks like d2 and lags like I'm trying to render an entire galaxy.

Yes my computer sucks but when a game can look like d2 and still run that bad, it's the game. I even get 200~ fps on Half-Life 2 completely fine. When is PoE getting updated??? I know tons of people who don't play because the game runs so bad!!

Half-Life 2 is from 2004 - your pc too?
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
When is PoE getting updated??? I know tons of people who don't play because the game runs so bad!!

I can say probably never.. I remember back when they said "going multi core is not possible".
They did something to the game and it never was the same... No matter how many people tell them about memory issues, crash and so on. They sadly do not have a clue.

Things I can do to help! (Prepare to be amazed and understand why they wont fix anything)

Here my stupid fix to some of the lag and crashes...
Take note that I used to crash 1-10 times per hour and now its maybe 1 per day or 2.

1. Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
Delete all folders before each session
While most folder have little impact, I can tell you that minimap folder is a fps eater that even streamers talked about. The folder as little use aside making you lag. IT will recreate itself and download maps you are doing. If it get big, it try to find the map to save them bandwidth at the cost of going crazy dps on processor(Yes it hurt bad) while looking at encoded files in the numbers that can reach 1000-10000+. Seriously, that folder seem to give more work to a cpu than bitcoin mining.

2. Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile
Delete CachedHLSLShaders and ShaderCacheD3D11 before each session.
While you may see a fps drop for the first 2 min as it recreate the file. You will have up to 50% more fps for a few hours. Why ? I believe that the game is coded with so much genius that it vaal ob itself and brick!

3. Put a movie on VLC, remove sound and let it run in the background.
Believe it or not, but you will only drop 2-3 fps and avoid 99.5% of the crashes you had!
Path of Exile memory management issue is more than a history statement. Its an ongoing vaal orb fail they only admitted on 1 occasion after months of saying it was impossible and caved in when most of the community was affected while putting them against the wall. They lost a lot of the player base that will never return because of that.
Why it work ? By running VLC in the background, Path of Exile memory management is mostly taken over by Windows who actually manage memory very well since the last 5 years or so.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jun 1, 2018, 9:22:42 AM
"
Torriecanyon wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

Half-Life 2 is from 2004 - your pc too?

Ok so why does a game from 2004 look 500 times better than poe, and runs better? I almost think you guys here don't want anyone else to play this game. It's always "UR PC SUXX NOOB!.. LOOL!!! GAME RUNS FINE ON MY $7000 PC LMAO NOOB UPGRADE UR POTATO!!!"

My computer is from 2015 so it's fine. Why is the solution always (I) need to spend more money, and never THEY need to start optimizing the game better so it runs on more computers across the board. Is everyone here that much of an elitist?
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
When is PoE getting updated??? I know tons of people who don't play because the game runs so bad!!

I can say probably never.. I remember back when they said "going multi core is not possible".
They did something to the game and it never was the same... No matter how many people tell them about memory issues, crash and so on. They sadly do not have a clue.

-snip-

People like the other posters in here don't help anything either. they just refuse to look at the issue and recognize and acknowledge it. Just spend more money they say.

I'll try these tips when I get home later, thanks for the reply.
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

It's always "UR PC SUXX NOOB!.. LOOL!!! GAME RUNS FINE ON MY $7000 PC LMAO NOOB UPGRADE UR POTATO!!!"

Forget them and focus on what I said. Might help a little. Dont get too hurt by people who can afford good computer because they still live under their mother skirt.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jun 1, 2018, 9:25:56 AM
Half Life 2 , LMAO, OP made my day. Nice shitposting.
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info