[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

I am sorry, but can someone post up to date pob? thanks.
https://pastebin.com/U2btMxxU

Here is my build from this league using this guide as a start point.

Few things have changed but its mostly the same or just using more expensive things, such as an unnatural instinct jewel.

solid build even in deeper delves, though i warn you. Delve mobs love to freeze you so keep a heat flask.
La_D you probably want to just use a presence of chayula ammy, its just better than your current one, stun immunity and chaos res are great and it should give you similar es totals. If you had a better version of yours you could beat it but still...id hesitate to give up stun immunity unless it was A LOT better.

your rings and belt can be improved slightly if you wanna sink an ex or 2 into them. if you want more regen you can go with a shaper belt with es recovery, they are very nice. elder belts will give a higher total es at the cost of a lot of regen. For my build a very good elder belt gives like 1200 more es and 400 less regen over a shaper belt.

you are missing 2 jewel sockets that are only 2 away each and 4 that are 3 points away if you want more. jewels are pretty nice and can add a lot of survivability.

if you can afford a clarity es + vit regen/disc recovery eye you should do it, they help a lot. if you cant i would at least get a vit+disc eye as they are only 5-8 ex as of today.

Beyond that you can change your tree up to get more es if you want it, you skipped a lot of stuff near witch start

last thing i really notice is you can do better with your flasks, i never need 2 ruby flasks, make the second one a sapphire or topaz or rumi's concoction.

I posted my build above if you want to compare what im doing with what you are doing, has been fine for all content so far.
Got Uber Elder deathless on my fifth kill =) Loot has been horrible so far; I get better stuff (bases mostly) from his Guardians. But I have him on comfortable farm now.

Here's a video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8LIa5bTPk
"
La_D wrote:
Can someone look at my character and tell me how to improve my ES regen?
The regen now is ok but I think it will not enough when do the uber elder. I can buy a mana as extra ES jew but I think I should consider the survibility first.
And any suggestion gear upgrade to kill uber elder?
Thanks

I will support kazeshi in many of his comments.

Chayula is excellent for maping or against boss that deal a lot of chaos dmg. Still, I would not say it's strictly necessary for Uber Elder. A good amu with extra attributes or Eye of Greatwolf can be way more powerfull in terme of stat buffs.

A little correction on kazeshi comment, you are not missing 2 but 3 jewels sock (near Barbarism, near Shaper in Scion area, and the one between templar, marauder and scion). And while a jewel socks can provide over 45% inc dmg and 8%es (but more resonably 32%dmg & 8%es), I don't think it's the brightest idea to miss them. Like this, I think you lose a lot of dps and stats.

Personnaly, a watcher's eye that provide convertion of mana in ES with Clarity looks unavoidable in my eyes. Version with only a regen buff are good budget option, but they are way to limited in terme of building to consider doing Uber Elder with them. Keep in mind it's not too difficult to reach 700 raw positive net regen without a regen buff on Watcher's Eye. And it's way enought for most situation. More is better yeah, but more means also you can rework your tree for more stats like ES. And btw, extra ES means, at the same time, extra dps AND extra natural regen.
Idealy ofc, you should go for a Clarity + ES recovery rage with Discipline Watcher's Eye. But it's a 70ex item, so many player won't be able to get their hand on one.
If you have 10ex in bank, you should seriously think about getting a Clarity Watcher's eye. A 18% will provide you like 20% extra ES and extra dps. With this version you will have enought ES for U.Elder fight (I would not think about facing U.Elder without it) and enought regen for most content in the game, even U.Elder.

On the ground of flask I fully support Kazeshi and will add :
1. 20% Quality on every flasks (except on certain uniques like Soul Ripper) ;
2. You should look for a setup of flasks that have : %Duration and 1 of the following anti aliement statut : bleed and freeze (top priority), add curse, and shock ;
3. Look for 1 Sulphure base, a ruby flask, and a sapphir flask, topaz or amethyst are good but more situationnal base imo, 1 ruby flask should be enought, if you feel the need to get more regen 2 sulphure can be acceptable (never feel the need personnaly but we all have our own gameplay style) ;
4. Good unique that should be mentionned : Witchfire Brew (mandatory) and Soul Ripper. Rumi is cool too, but I'm not sure is worth the lost of an anti aliement statut, except if it's a legacy Rumi. Overflowing Calice can be mentionned for Soul Ripper user.

But more generaly, if your goal is to kill Uber Elder, You should keep in mind few things :
1. You will need rare jewels that buff alot your ES and your dps (8%ES + %burning dmg + 1 extra dps mods) otherwise your dps will be too low and the fight will be longer. And the longer the U.Elder fight is, the rippier it is ;
2. You will need to reworks your tree and drop some wheel like Melding, Arcane Vision, Dreamer wheel, etc. And you will need get extra jewels sock, and get some wheel like Heart and Soul, and ES nodes in whitch start ;
3. You will need to get more levels. More levels means more ES from where you are atm ;
4. You took the wrong path for Heart & Soul. You should take the path from the left. The path from the right switch 10 str for 10 dex. It's good only if you lake of dex on your equipment. Otherwise, 10str is always better than 10 dex.

"
kazeshi wrote:
https://pastebin.com/U2btMxxU

Here is my build from this league using this guide as a start point.

Few things have changed but its mostly the same or just using more expensive things, such as an unnatural instinct jewel.

solid build even in deeper delves, though i warn you. Delve mobs love to freeze you so keep a heat flask.

You are realy well geared. But you only have 227 raw net regen without all situationnal buff. It's extremly low in my eye considering your level of stuff. Imo, you have a problem with your tree.

Breath of Flames is a bad wheel imo. A waste of point. We don't need it to reach descent amount of dps. Melding is a poor ES wheel if you don't sock an Energy from Within or an Healthy Mind in the nearest sock.

I'm not confortable with your rare jewels choices. Not a single signe of ES in them. Yeah you have mana on them. Yeah mana will be converted in ES. But it's only a part of this mana that will be converted.

With this tree : https://pastebin.com/WLFhaqQ2
You will get :
- 14500ES
- 997 raw, positive net regen (this means you have the possibility to switch your belt and Chayula for items with %inc Attributes which mean more ES at the end) which is like 4-5x your current regen ;
- 84/83/84 max res ;
And this is without touching your stuff (jewels, amu and belt). So you can balance your ES/Regen ratio in order to get more ES and a realy acceptable regen. With only an Elder Heavy Belt with 11% attributes / 27str / 32ES you will end at 15.5k ES and almost 600 net regen (which is 3 time more your current regen).

Ah yes and last thing : Sorrow of the Divine is a waste of 1 flask slot. Just read the mods. You get extra duration and Zealoth Oath. While you already stated Zealoth Oath, this part of the flask make it absolutly useless. So you will only end up with a Sulphure Flask with extra duration. A magic flask with duration and any anti aliements will be better.

Note : by raw positive regen I mean no flask buff, no situationna, no temporary buffs. Only with your aura and RF enabled. Nothing more, nothing less.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Oct 16, 2018, 5:26:43 AM
My stuff is all self made or found except the +2 gloves. But i agree, jewels need work been spamming dense scorched fossils when i find them but nothing great yet.

Sorrow of the divine gives a long flask effect which is why i grabbed it over crafting a sulphur but you are right, its long past time to replace it.

I have not found another healthy mind or energy from within for the jewel socket near melding and you are probably right to spec out of it entirely, ive seen other trees grab the inc aura effect nodes and they do seem nice. thanks for lookin at it.
Thank you for your very detail help!!
I just buy new belt and the jew. I switch to chayula too. Now I think I have enough regen. Now I will get some more level, get the DPS jew then let's try uber elder.
"
kazeshi wrote:
My stuff is all self made or found except the +2 gloves. But i agree, jewels need work been spamming dense scorched fossils when i find them but nothing great yet.

Sorrow of the divine gives a long flask effect which is why i grabbed it over crafting a sulphur but you are right, its long past time to replace it.

I have not found another healthy mind or energy from within for the jewel socket near melding and you are probably right to spec out of it entirely, ive seen other trees grab the inc aura effect nodes and they do seem nice. thanks for lookin at it.

Delve fossil are not realy relevant imo for jewels crafting with %ES. A simple %ES / 2 dmg mods is generaly cheap and can be easily found of market. Fossil crafting will cost you a lot and you can realy exclude so much mods and give a solide weight for ES and fire dmg buff, or it will be extremly expensives and absolutly not relevant.
For life RF fossil crafting is interesting because you can grab some %life regen as a Delve specific affixe. But otherwise, there is way to many affixes possible to make something realy effective with fossil craft imo.
Sorry i wasnt very clear. I want to avoid buying anything, im not in ssf league but i like to be self sufficient as much as possible. Im mostly working with stuff i find an make unless the item is just entirely too hard to get such as the corrupt on the shaper gloves.

Ill make the rest of my gear and it seems far better to fossil craft them than to chaos spam them. alt-regal is also out since im working on crafting a bow for my next build.

On another note, i think im also going to explore dropping the determination aura and using a saffell's frame shield to push more max res if im going to test out your tree changes.

You had a good point about the regen, ive been looking at buffed regen not base regen and it makes a large difference for some situations.
"
kazeshi wrote:
On another note, i think im also going to explore dropping the determination aura and using a saffell's frame shield to push more max res if im going to test out your tree changes.

Using Saffel mean you will lose the Blood Magic from Prism Guardian. And so you will need to play with a Blood Magic gem that will drasticly increase the reservation cost of aura linked. This mean you will certainly have to drop Determination and one of your Purity Aura. I'm not sure it's realy relevant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info