ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
No.

Lies are lies. It has nothing to do with disagreement.

Lord Ski, I rest my case.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Pretty good Scrotie, pretty good lol
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
On that subject, Ski, and because I like pointing out fake news when I see it, I should mention that AOC tweet again.

First off, AOC didn't actually say the world will end in 12 years. What she said was
"
part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we're like
Meaning: the context of who is "like," meaning speaking, is apparently Gen Xers, as they're the generation before millennials. I don't know how AOC gets off calling herself Gen X, but whatever.
"
“the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change,” and your biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it?
So what she's saying is: this is something people in my generation are saying, and we find the response lacking to the point of absurdity.

Now for appropriate comparison, I am I the same generation as AOC, and if I said "my generation is a bunch of useful idiots for communism," you wouldn't interpret that as saying I am a useful idiot for communism. So that thing about AOC saying the world will end in 12 years is a rightwing media hoax. She said "people I stand with have said the world is going to end in 12 years," which is slightly but critically different.

It's funny, though, because I actually didn't notice the hoax until after her tweet calling it "dry humor" and accusing the GOP of being Dwight from The Office. I actually watched her deliver the "12 years" statement in a video, and I understood her. So her tweet struck me as pure hypocrisy — it was Dems who acted like Dwight from the Office, trying to find unintended combinations of words to disagree with whenever Trump opened his mouth. That was them, not us.

But I was wrong. GOP types had been hoaxed by their media and COMPLETELY responded to her tweet like Dwights. She depicted conservatives in an unflattering light for her audience, and then conservatives walked right on into the trap, providing evidence for that claim to her audience. AOC pwned the fuck out of y'all. Or should I say "us?" Might be too confusing, considering how y'all had trouble parsing "we."

But funny as that was, AOC Derangement Syndrome is still a lot less severe than Trump Derangement Syndrome. There's still a lot more, um, Dwightism against Trump than against Democrats. But it isn't a strictly partisan thing.

Also, as an important note, AOC can actually predict how conservatives will react and mock their reaction before it happens. That's thinking one move ahead. A true rarity among the far left — she can actually play 4D chess. Scary.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 16, 2019, 11:16:28 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
On that subject, Ski, and because I like pointing out fake news when I see it, I should mention that AOC tweet again.

First off, AOC didn't actually say the world will end in 12 years. What she said was
"
part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we're like
Meaning: the context of who is "like," meaning speaking, is apparently Gen Xers, as they're the generation before millennials. I don't know how AOC gets off calling herself Gen X, but whatever.
"
“the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change,” and your biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it?
So what she's saying is: this is something people in my generation are saying.

Now for appropriate comparison, I am I the same generation as AOC, and if I said "my generation is a bunch of useful idiots for communism," you wouldn't interpret that as saying I am a useful idiot for communism. So that thing about AOC saying the world will end in 12 years is a rightwing media hoax. She said "people I stand with have said the world is going to end in 12 years," which is slightly but critically different.

It's funny, though, because I actually didn't notice the hoax until after her tweet calling it "dry humor" and accusing the GOP of being Dwight from The Office. I actually watched her deliver that statement in a video, and it struck me as pure hypocrisy — it was Dems who acted like Dwight from the Office, trying to find unintended combinations of words to disagree with. That was them, not us.

But I was wrong. GOP types had been hoaxed by their media and COMPLETELY responded to her tweet like Dwights. AOC pwned the fuck out of y'all. Or should I say "us?" Might be too confusing, considering how y'all had trouble parsing "we."

But funny as that was, AOC Derangement Syndrome is still a lot less severe than Trump Derangement Syndrome. There's still a lot more, um, Dwightism against Trump than against Democrats. But it isn't a strictly partisan thing.

Also, as an important note, AOC can actually predict how conservatives will react and mock their reaction before it happens. That's thinking one move ahead. A true rarity among the far left — she can actually play 4D chess. Scary.

Tbh I don't even know what to think about AOC.

In many ways she has parallels to Trump. No real political experience, surprised to some extent she won her seat, clueless how Washington actually works, effective social media presence while saying dumb stuff on said social media, master of hyperbole, and no one really knows If we should really take them seriously. Is it a show? Are they really that dumb? Or is it more sinister than that?

All in all I think we should be more worried about that Asteriod in 2029 that will "fly close" but miss us.

That announcement along with the New York impact scenario, was a little on the nose for my liking. We may not make it to the 12 years climate change ambiguous deadline lol.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Turtledove wrote:

He tells so many lies that there is not enough time in the day for him to spend an hour thinking about what lie he's going to tell.

Trump averaged 15 lies a day in 2018, triple his 2017 average

Keep in mind that 15 lies per day is the average number of lies that he tells publicly. I would have to assume that he communicates far more privately than publicly so he's likely telling many dozens of lies per day total.

Imagine taking fake news' fake count seriously lmao.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

In many ways she has parallels to Trump. No real political experience, surprised to some extent she won her seat, clueless how Washington actually works, effective social media presence while saying dumb stuff on said social media, master of hyperbole, and no one really knows If we should really take them seriously. Is it a show? Are they really that dumb? Or is it more sinister than that?
There are many different types of intelligence. The trick is compartmentalizing them, and acknowledging that someone can be a rare genius in some things and just normal, or even stupid, in others.

You're right that AOC and Trump have very similar talent stacks when it comes to social media. I also think both are very skilled in the Slightly Off Attention Grab, where you say something that feels wrong in order to draw attention to your point — in other words, I think AOC wanted people to misquote her as saying the world will end in 12 years, because it spreads her message and makes both her base and centrists see hoaxes in the opposing media. A lot of politicians seem to be trying this, but they don't really understand it — they think it's just appealing to the extreme fringe of the base, which does earn opposing media coverage, when the technique is really about weaving the illusion of appealing to that fringe while embedding a message for moderates on the other side.

And yes, AOC, I get that pointing to costs for prevention isn't a good argument against impending calamity. Fair point. But I also don't believe the calamity is anywhen close to 12, or 20, years away.

The point I'm getting at is both have excellent persuasion skills. Doesn't make them God's, just means they can change minds if given a platform.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 16, 2019, 11:36:13 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

There are many different types of intelligence. The trick is compartmentalizing them, and acknowledging that someone can be a rare genius in some things and just normal, or even stupid, in others.

You're right that AOC and Trump have very similar talent stacks when it comes to social media. I also think both are very skilled in the Slightly Off Attention Grab, where you say something that feels wrong in order to draw attention to your point — in other words, I think AOC wanted people to misquote her as saying the world will end in 12 years, because it spreads her message and makes both her base and centrists see hoaxes in the opposing media. A lot of politicians seem to be trying this, but they don't really understand it — they think it's just appealing to the extreme fringe of the base, which does earn opposing media coverage, when the technique is really about weaving the illusion of appealing to that fringe while embedding a message for moderates on the other side.

And yes, AOC, I get that pointing to costs for prevention isn't a good argument against impending calamity. Fair point. But I also don't believe the calamity is anywhen close to 12, or 20, years away.

The point I'm getting at is both have excellent persuasion skills. Doesn't make them God's, just means they can change minds if given a platform.

Also over-calcualtion, or perhaps lack of understanding, on how percieved ideas will be taken.

I would say the Amazon HQ situation in NY is a good example. I think AOC was under then impressive that big, bad Amazon wouldnt have liberal support in NY. Turns out people wanted jobs, liberals use Amazon(shock), and outrage wasnt outrage, it was more meh. So when Amazon unexpectedly pulled out, AOC(and others) were left holding the bag, in less than optimal optics.

Don't even get me started in the FAQ section of the Green New Deal....
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 16, 2019, 11:47:19 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

He tells so many lies that there is not enough time in the day for him to spend an hour thinking about what lie he's going to tell.

Keep in mind that 15 lies per day is the average number of lies that he tells publicly. I would have to assume that he communicates far more privately than publicly so he's likely telling many dozens of lies per day total.

You don't have to take the news' account into consideration. Have you watched Dirty Money episode 6 on Netflix yet? You've been conned.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

You don't have to take the news' account into consideration. Have you watched Dirty Money episode 6 on Netflix yet? You've been conned.

Ah yes, enlightenment via Netflix.

What a generation to be alive!
- Abraham Lincoln
It's a truthful (and generous) account of the cheeto conman's past. It shows how he's compromised now.

Don't be afraid to learn.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info