ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This reminds me: that one South Park episode on Fish Sticks was truly perfect. Not only does it describe the type of person so wrapped in their own bias that they can literally look at the same evidence that you do and see something that isn't there — which is amazing enough — but it also points out how, when confronted with the dissonance between perception and reality, they'll probably just accuse you of the very thing they are doing.

I don't think there's much to be gained by arguing with someone who hallicinates a reality that doesn't exist. I trust most people see it my way on this survey, but I've argued with enough Flat Earthers to know when what I'm saying will never resonate with them. Enjoy your delusions, rojimbo.

How utterly rude and despicable.

Thank you for wasting my time with your gish gallop of woefully inadequate arithmetics.

I pray you do not do it again, but something tells me you will.
Barr is nothing more than a political hack. We've had political hack's in the past playing the role of attorney general. Come to think of it, there is usually a political hack playing the role of attorney general so I'm not surprised.

Scrotie, I'm not really following the discussion but if you're arguing that Barr is not a political hack then you might want to reevaluate your position? If you're instead arguing that the Democrats are being stupid in expressing their righteous indignation that Barr is a political hack then I'll have to agree with you.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Barr is nothing more than a political hack. We've had political hack's in the past playing the role of attorney general. Come to think of it, there is usually a political hack playing the role of attorney general so I'm not surprised.

Scrotie, I'm not really following the discussion but if you're arguing that Barr is not a political hack then you might want to reevaluate your position? If you're instead arguing that the Democrats are being stupid in expressing their righteous indignation that Barr is a political hack then I'll have to agree with you.
I guess my position is: at the precise moments that Barr was quoting the Mueller report verbatim, he was not engaged in political hackery at those times. Perhaps the minute before, perhaps the minute afterward, I wouldn't know.

To repeat, I didn't watch Barr speak. I didn't plan on it because I expected him to be a political hack. Such behavior wouldn't surprise me; indeed, it would confirm my bias. Furthermore, I would expect a blend of truth and lie in any well-made propaganda, as it's much more convincing than lies served straight-up, no chaser. But I consider accurate verbatim quotations to be a truth component, not a lie component, when trying to describe how the quoted person feels or thinks on an issue.

Even having to type this out makes me feel like I'm explaining basic human concepts to some kind of ignorant yet curious extraterrestrial. "Do your people do something similar on the planet you're from?"

But I digress. I disagree with the "nothing more" part of your post. I recognize that a cop might always be a cop, but sometimes a cop is off-duty, in which case he's not currently involved with police business. Although we're talking about very different jobs, the same concept would apply to Barr. He's more than just a political hack; sometimes, I reckon, he turns it off. Sometimes — how often is debatable — he says things that aren't false. Underneath it all, he's a human being. I'm not willing to dehumanize and demonize him as far as you have, by saying he's nothing more than a particular misbehavior.

In contrast (and at risk of strawmanning his position), rojimbo seems dedicated to the position that verbatim quotations are misrepresentative of the quoted's position when someone with an agenda rojimbo doesn't like does it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 21, 2019, 5:07:27 PM
Can some Trump supporter spend some time defending his/her faith in Trump?

I wanted to ask, what has Trump done for you that you benefitted somehow? I'm assuming you would be an average American.

I am asking because apparently people have a tough time answering that question

https://trofire.com/2019/04/20/trump-hasnt-done-a-single-thing-to-help-average-americans/
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

In contrast (and at risk of strawmanning his position), rojimbo seems dedicated to the position that verbatim quotations are misrepresentative of the quoted's position when someone with an agenda rojimbo doesn't like does it.

Did you add this strawman as a post-half-an-hour post-edit?

Really?

What's wrong with you?

No, don't answer that, please.

You completely ignored the 'misrepresentation by omission' argument I posted about, you can totally change the meaning of the Mueller report by picking and choosing bits from it, and omitting explanatory parts, as I showcased.

Your Attorney General seems to have forgotten he is supposed represent the interests of your people, The People, in other words. He is not some crook defense lawyer for mafioso Donnie Trump. Someone remind him, by firing him.
"
rojimboo wrote:
On the one hand, I can name some things. Increased my tax refund, for one. Economic growth for another. I was also deliriously happy when he called CNN fake news.

However, I don't really consider myself a Trump supporter; I'm more of a Trump tolerater. If you've ever seen Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it would be a little like asking the Elrics why they tolerate Scar and have a working alliance with him. They'd have plenty of bad things to say about him, and perhaps trouble explaining the few things he did right (like that one time they couldn't use alchemy but he could still do his deconstruction trick). The main reason I like Trump — to the extent the feeling can be called "like" — is because some of his enemies are my enemies as well, and while Trump may be bad, our common enemies are "Homunculi tier" threats.

But that doesn't mean I don't have plenty of room to be critical of him. Fucking war criminal murdering son of a bitch. No good reason to be in Yemen; it's a shame it wasn't veto-proof.
"
rojimboo wrote:
You completely ignored the 'misrepresentation by omission' argument I posted about, you can totally change the meaning of the Mueller report by picking and choosing bits from it, and omitting explanatory parts, as I showcased.
The part of Mueller's report that I quoted, and which Barr also quoted, was not in bold in that article. That article is implying very hard that the one particular quotation that I made, and Barr also made, isn't misleading due to omission of context.

Regarding the quotes that that article says ARE misleading due to omitted context, that might be on Barr, but it isn't on me. I didn't quote Mueller in those ways. I don't really care about Barr. Since you're calling me out on that, even though I never commented on those quotes one way or another, consider the point conceded due to lack of interest. You "win." Congratulations.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 21, 2019, 6:07:24 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
On the one hand, I can name some things. Increased my tax refund, for one.

Do you have a % number on the 'trump' impact on your tax refund?
FACT CHECK TIME

Mueller Report

Obstruction of Justice

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/ap-fact-check-trump-teams-distortions-on-mueller-report

TRUMP: “The end result of the greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. political history is No Collusion with Russia (and No Obstruction). Pretty Amazing! — tweet Saturday.

THE FACTS: The special counsel’s 400-plus-page report specifically does not exonerate Trump, leaving open the question of whether the president obstructed justice.

“If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state,” Mueller wrote. “Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

The report identifies 10 instances of possible obstruction by Trump and said he might have “had a motive” to impede the investigation because of what it could find on a variety of personal matters, such as his proposal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

“The evidence does indicate that a thorough FBI investigation would uncover facts about the campaign and the President personally that the President could have understood to be crimes or that would give rise to personal and political concerns,” the report states.

In explaining its decision, Mueller’s team said reaching a conclusion on whether Trump committed crimes would be inappropriate because of a Justice Department legal opinion indicating that a sitting president should not be prosecuted. It nevertheless left open at least the theoretical possibility that Trump could be charged after he leaves office, noting that its factual investigation was conducted “in order to preserve the evidence when memories were fresh and documentary material were available.”

“Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,” the report states.

NO ONE PERSON IS ABOVE THE LAW

ATTORNEY GENERAL WILLIAM BARR, asked if Mueller intended for Congress, not the attorney general, to decide whether Trump obstructed justice: “Well, special counsel Mueller did not indicate that his purpose was to leave the decision to Congress. I hope that was not his view. … I didn’t talk to him directly about the fact that we were making the decision, but I am told that his reaction to that was that it was my prerogative as attorney general to make that decision.”

THE FACTS: Mueller’s report actually does indicate that Congress could make that determination.

The report states that no person is above the law, including the president, and that the Constitution “does not categorically and permanently immunize a President for obstructing justice.”

In his four-page memo last month, Barr said while Mueller left open the question of whether Trump broke the law and obstructed the investigation, Barr was ultimately deciding as attorney general that the evidence developed by Mueller was “not sufficient” to establish, for the purposes of prosecution, that Trump obstructed justice.

But the special counsel’s report specifies that Congress can also render a judgment on that question.

It says: “The conclusion that Congress may apply obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.”
"
Boem wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Bottom line is we never saw a smoking gun of either Russian interference, hacking or other shit they allege. Most of you were lied into Iraq wars on WMD's that never showed up.. How much that costed 2-3 trillion? Not to mention blood of Americans and Iraqis. 30M is chump change in the lying business. I trust nothing from .gov

Depending on your definition of wmd's hezbollah/isis later found deposits of gas missiles and a fascility capable of producing chemical weapons.

Not to mention the sovereignity of iraq was gone which allowed it to be invaded.

1) genocide of kurds
2) invading neighbouring country's and declarations of war
3) the housing of internationally regognized terorist groups
4) weapons of mass destruction

Don't forget iraq was invaded after saddam hussein utilized gas missiles on civilian outpost's which broke the treaty and violated international regulations.

Keep in mind, any one of the four reasons listed is enough to declare a nation no longer sovereign.

There was also paper evidence of iraq trading with china for balistic shells.(which china ended up not going true with since amerika invaded and showed interest in iraq)

The tragedy of Iraq is pulling back out and leaving the allies of Amerika behind to defend for themselves creating a brewing spot for anti-western sentiment. Both the democrats and republics sanctioned the invasion, it was only after one of the people running for office on the democrats side went full "anti-war" and started gathering votes that the democrats shifted gear and bassicaly put a knife in the back of the Amerikan soldiers in Iraq.

They bassicaly changed their attitude towards the Iraq war not because of international issue's and logic but because of ellections and trying to grab votes and forming an anti-war propaganda campaign. It's an insult to the people actually fighting in Iraq since they agreed to the invasion six months earlier.

Peace,

-Boem-

Wrong war was illegal and doesn't even meet just war theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_Iraq_War

Oh and LOL at your list - please show me where it's written intl law - we do all those things and are still sovereign. Every heard of the Indians? not many left. And Iraq didnt even do many of those they were lies but thats besides point. I want to see this "list" that makes you no longer a country in international law. Most nuke powers would have to give up thier flags if what you say is true.

Sunk costs is not a reason to continue anything retarded. We never woulda "won" like we are losing in Afghanistan. And it woulda continue to bleed our troops and Treasury by orders of magnitude greater than Afghanistan forever until broke

Iraq war was supposed to "pay for itself" too another big lie by .gov.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 21, 2019, 6:34:26 PM
"
rojimboo wrote:

I wanted to ask, what has Trump done for you that you benefitted somehow? I'm assuming you would be an average American.

I am asking because apparently people have a tough time answering that question

https://trofire.com/2019/04/20/trump-hasnt-done-a-single-thing-to-help-average-americans/

Thats easy - low taxes, low regs, more originalist SC justices who will follow US constitution. The greatest document in the history of man - to the degree it's followed!

I dont really care for his flamboyant style or racist tendencies and woulda preferred Cruz but he's a million times better on policy I care about than any Dem is IMO
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 21, 2019, 6:45:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info