Post your dream car.

*sigh* I'd love to ride one of these too. But due to a debilitating phobia due to a biking accident, I can't ride one on the road. On a clear path with no people I can, but once people are around, I just can't stop shaking. Doesn't always happens but I'm not sure what triggers it. After an incident with my sister on the back, I'll have to stick with 4 wheeled enclosed cars.

not a car
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Jul 11, 2017, 6:45:10 AM
"
element274 wrote:
*sigh* I'd love to ride one of these too. But due to a debilitating phobia due to a biking accident, I can't ride one on the road. On a clear path with no people I can, but once people are around, I just can't stop shaking. Doesn't always happens but I'm not sure what triggers it. After an incident with my sister on the back, I'll have to stick with 4 wheeled enclosed cars.

not a car

Sorry to hear that :(

Touch wood after nearly 40yrs riding them, the only bike accidents i have had were off-roading/motorcrossing ones.
"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
I already own my dream car. A 1993 Volvo 960 (has to be before the facelift in 1995!). Its as comfortable as a couch but still delivers enough engine power to stay awake :)

It's a pity they don't design cars like that anymore. I'm trying to get another for spare parts to keep it alive for some decades.

Spoiler

They do! Chrysler 300, and if you like more pep, Chrysler 300S...

This is one of the top 10 most comfortable sedans right now that's still obtainable for the masses (ie: doesn't cost an arm and a leg).

World's best 10 interiors (2012 but the 2015-17 is even better): https://blog.chrysler.com/news/chrysler-300-luxury-series-interior-wins-top-industry-award/
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 11, 2017, 8:41:25 AM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
I already own my dream car. A 1993 Volvo 960 (has to be before the facelift in 1995!). Its as comfortable as a couch but still delivers enough engine power to stay awake :)

It's a pity they don't design cars like that anymore. I'm trying to get another for spare parts to keep it alive for some decades.

Spoiler

They do! Chrysler 300, and if you like more pep, Chrysler 300S...

This is one of the top 10 most comfortable sedans right now that's still obtainable for the masses (ie: doesn't cost an arm and a leg).

World's best 10 interiors (2012 but the 2015-17 is even better): https://blog.chrysler.com/news/chrysler-300-luxury-series-interior-wins-top-industry-award/

just dont hit a deer with one

a friend of mine had a 300 and hit a deer

darn near totaled it, that boxish design is awful if you hit something
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

That would be any modern car, and a good sign of the safety design doing its job. The new safety tests and ratings force manufacturers to make their cars crush much easier during impact to help absorb that energy. In classic cars, the rigid steel didn't absorb nearly as much and transferred a lot of that energy to the passenger compartment. Hence fatalities and serious injuries were much more common in the average accident back in the days of big, American cars.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 11, 2017, 11:34:54 AM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

That would be any modern car, and a good sign of the safety design doing its job. The new safety tests and ratings force manufacturers to make their cars crush much easier during impact to help absorb that energy. In classic cars, the rigid steel didn't absorb nearly as much and transferred a lot of that energy to the passenger compartment. Hence fatalities and serious injuries were much more common in the average accident back in the days of big, American cars.

yeah most cars wont take that much damage from a deer

trust me ive hit a lot of them

My old CTS would just kind of scoop them and the would fly over

and My current truck they kinda bounce off

but that 300 got trashed
I dont see any any key!
Cars that can "scoop" up a deer are going to injury a passenger much more than cars that don't in a real accident.

Old school mentality: rigidity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKWHP5fxe8

Modern mentality: absorb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a429MMz1BzU

That said, I don't live in an area where I worry too much about hitting deer, lol. I worry more about other cars ramming into me, or pulling out in front of me.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 11, 2017, 12:47:16 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Cars that can "scoop" up a deer are going to injury a passenger much more than cars that don't in a real accident.

Old school mentality: rigidity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKWHP5fxe8

Modern mentality: absorb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a429MMz1BzU

That said, I don't live in an area where I worry too much about hitting deer, lol. I worry more about other cars ramming into me, or pulling out in front of me.

yeah a car is a little more solid than a deer

but trust me when hitting a deer your are way better off with a low car that will throw it up and over than that horrific mess the 300 made

It wasent just the 300 that got beat up he did to
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
but trust me when hitting a deer your are way better off with a low car that will throw it up and over than that horrific mess the 300 made

So long as "over" is over entire car, and not over into windshield, lol.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

So long as "over" is over entire car, and not over into windshield, lol.

well yeah lol

that was kinda the issue with the 300 with that boxie design it bashed the deer hard then sent it into the windshield

not good

stupid deer lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info