Lab wrote over my implicit, No warning...

Ok this is my first game play for POe. I have completed all the labs up to mer adding implicit from each lab, mostly on so so gear. I finally got time to play and try Uber, made it wow I was so happy. Now I'm extremely pissed. I thought adding implicits from the lab was a bonus enchant for congratulations job well done. I had an extremely rare t1 spells fingerless silk gloves tri res all 3 above 45 good es. So ok let's enchant, now I bricked these gloves with a pos enchant no one has heard of and lost my spell damage. No warning this will overwrite your implicit or nothing. I'm so sick over this it almost makes me not want to play. I'm guessing no way to change or over write my gloves back to spell damage or something useful right? I had the impression it adds aN enchant not replaces implicits. Shame on poe
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2017, 8:22:41 PM
All it ever did was changing the implicit. So do vaal orbs by the way, but they aren't limited to only that. And sadly, no, there is currently no way to get the spell damage back.
That kind of thing got discussed here in the forums quite often.
However, there are some enchantments that might offer enough utility to be better than the spell damage was.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Ok so to get a differ. Enchantment my only option is to run the lab again? will it accept the same gloves? No I don't want to vaal it then it will most definitely ruin them. Btw does it matter which lab difficulty I run to get different enchantments, meaning does uber lab offer better enchants than the other labs. Ty
Rule of thumb: the more difficult the lab, the stronger the enchants. Higher lab glove enchants have higher damage values, so there's that. And yes, to get a new enchant, simply run your lab of choice once more and re-enchant your already enchanted item. The old enchantment will then be replaced by a new one.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
sorry for your loss. maybe one day we get a warning of some sort for this but i wouldn't count on it.
i have ruined two pair of boots this league because i forgot about this. they were two-toned booots.

the 20% spell damage is easily replaced by commandment of spite for example. that one is awesome and rather easy to get so take comfort in that you didn't completely ruin your gloves.
So you didn't notice on the first three labs that the implicit get over written?
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
So you didn't think about what is "implicit"? Don't add warning, this is a lesson to get people paying more attention and think once in a while.
umm well for one I didn't need your smart ass reply if it wasn't helpful. 2nd this is my first rpg ever and first time with poe. Most people have no clue what implicit even means unless you have played this genre or this game. 3rd in my case I thought it would add a bonus to your item not take away. So lesson yes, sucks yes, but there should be a warning "This will overwrite" but actually to me I thought an enchant and the implicit were 2 totally different things. How was I supposed to know that enchantments was considered an implicit. Anyhow old news i've moved on. I just saw your rude comment and was like wtf just don't reply to people if its not helpful.
Above the line = implicit, each item can have 1 implicit at the max, blessed orbs/vaal orbs/lab enchant can change this. i.e cold resistance on sapphire ring

Below the line = explicit, items can roll up to 2 or 6 mods depending on rarity and can be rerolled with multiple currency items. i.e a sapphire ring with fire resistance and life

Further above the line = base stat, cannot be changed except through explicit mods on items that locally increase those stats i.e armor evasion energy shield, differs between different base items, rings/amulet don't have this

Now you know the differences, you won't make the same mistake. Lab enchants are visually above that line, so is spell damage on gloves, not hard to see the possible mistake you could have made.

One thing that gets people though is lab enchants on leveling gear, it adds a minimum level to it. So if you put a lab enchant on seven-steps (very expensive movespeed boots with no level req.) it adds a level requirement to it depending on the lab you chose. Merciless is like level 54 requirement I think, pretty much making the boots worthless.

There should be warnings for these things but at the same time wiki already has full information about this. Plus never use uber lab on gloves lmao, glove enchants are useless nomatter which lab you do. Do hubris circlets or good unique helmets for skill enchants, some of the enchant bases on a hubris circlet is worth more than your stupid gloves anyway.
"
umm well for one I didn't need your smart ass reply if it wasn't helpful.
Looks like they DGAF what you think need or don't need, they replied as they saw fit. What a surprise.

"
2nd this is my first rpg ever and first time with poe. Most people have no clue what implicit even means unless you have played this genre or this game.
Most people also won't have top-base all t1 item in their first time in the game, neither they'll get to complete uber lab. If you can get such an item, beat Izaro and still don't know what implicit is and how does it work in regards to lab enchants, well... either PoE became really easy, or I wont even continue that line of thought because no proofs.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info