Energy Shield and Life

deleted
Last edited by Yoiti on Aug 31, 2017, 6:59:57 AM
It is amazing and laughable to read the comments.

The problem is not that your ES is getting nerfed, its that now you cannot afk facetank all the content in the game.

Games are meant to be played, not walked through blind folded. To me, this is a great change, as I enjoy a game where you have to learn the mechanics and actually apply yourself to achieve things. It also makes the rewards that much more enjoyable.

So, instead of crying over your 25k es afk char, look forward to actually having to grind and play, and having to actually get to know the content :D

Makes me laugh when people say GGG is bad at balancing. No they are not, ES is by far way to OP.
Hardcore player here - I do not want to faceroll content. I just want to deserve it when I die.

You have to give us something to react to for survival to be skill-based. Otherwise, even with ES numbers the way that they are, you eventually just get one-shot by something.

Add a diminishing return to monster damage scaling, or introduce a monster hit damage cap, so that players can't be one-shotted by anything other than endgame boss' "Light of Divinity" type spells.

Life and ES are different, they should not be equalised.

One shouldn't be "better", they should be different.

Yes, make it so we can't face tank bosses with VP/ZO, and have to manually dodge more skills. I'm happy with the removal of Vaal Pact. But you have to give us Hardcore players something back so that we can actually survive a savage hit.

If you're nerfing ES numbers and VP, GR, ZO, you have to give us something back.

And don't tell me it's recharge, because recharge is garbage outside of Occultist w/ Soul Strike & Bated Breath. Recharge does nothing for you in the middle of a fight. This is a loot-based ARPG, so "skill-based" is precarious and hard to define. Expecting someone to react to savage hits in .2 seconds by flame dashing away/kiting is not realistic, this is why you invented Vaal Pact in the first place. I honestly don't understand why you removed it before coming up with a replacement.

Life build takes savage hit, then gets to immediately Seething flask (skill based, reaction based)
Or it gets to leech back instantly since Vaal Pact still works for life (this is stupid. removing
Vaal Pact for ES only will just force players into Life builds because they can still enjoy the OP mechanic).
"
bodierox wrote:

The problem is not that your ES is getting nerfed, its that now you cannot afk facetank all the content in the game.

Games are meant to be played, not walked through blind folded. To me, this is a great change, as I enjoy a game where you have to learn the mechanics and actually apply yourself to achieve things. It also makes the rewards that much more enjoyable.

So, instead of crying over your 25k es afk char, look forward to actually having to grind and play, and having to actually get to know the content :D

Makes me laugh when people say GGG is bad at balancing. No they are not, ES is by far way to OP.

>25k ES
>Don't know is from Guardian's ES Regeneration with crap damage
>MuH eZ oP, pliz GGG-sama nerf those bad builds, coz mai bilds are shet

fixed

In social psychology (or "marketing" as people in the business like to call it), there's a cute persuasion technique called the Door-In-The-Face (DITF) technique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique).

Basically if you were the CEO of a gaming company looking to slow player progression by implementing some really unpopular nerfs, it's better to first announce extreme over-the-top nerfs. Bandy around some crazy numbers taken from the top 1% of the player base to justify the nerfs and generate outrage.

After the rioting begins and the UN declares a State of Emergency, appeal for calm and announce the actual (originally intended) nerfs. There will be much relief and celebration. There will be fireworks and dancing in the streets. There will also probably be an orgasmic explosion of rampant profligacy in the mtx shop by relieved players.

It's a win-win situation for everyone.

This isn't about nerfing the top 1% who will always be the top 1% no matter what. This isn't about "game balance" or Life vs ES, or any of those other insignificant distractions. This is about slowing the progression of the mass majority of the player base to increase the Return on Invested Capital. After all, gaming assets don't just create themselves.

Actual business decisions revolve around more arcane but boring concepts like Return on Capital, Return on Equity, Debt/Equity ratios, Dividend Yields, and very important questions like "When do my stock options vest?" No one gives a shit about the current meta in executive boardroom meetings.

Well played GGG. :golf clap:

10/10 would love to be manipulated again.
^ this is true, I expect them to un-fuck ES in the beta, Pantheons will play a part as well.

It is, however, important that so many of us vocalise our dismay so that we fulfil our role as manipulated clients.
Yeah, someone needs to do the rioting
"
DarkSamux wrote:
"
bodierox wrote:

>25k ES
>Don't know is from Guardian's ES Regeneration with crap damage
>MuH eZ oP, pliz GGG-sama nerf those bad builds, coz mai bilds are shet

fixed

Walked trough blind folded?? Whos doing that?? Maybe in the beginning @ lover levels through difficulties
"
GottaGoMonk wrote:
In social psychology (or "marketing" as people in the business like to call it), there's a cute persuasion technique called the Door-In-The-Face (DITF) technique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique).

Basically if you were the CEO of a gaming company looking to slow player progression by implementing some really unpopular nerfs, it's better to first announce extreme over-the-top nerfs. Bandy around some crazy numbers taken from the top 1% of the player base to justify the nerfs and generate outrage.

After the rioting begins and the UN declares a State of Emergency, appeal for calm and announce the actual (originally intended) nerfs. There will be much relief and celebration. There will be fireworks and dancing in the streets. There will also probably be an orgasmic explosion of rampant profligacy in the mtx shop by relieved players.

It's a win-win situation for everyone.

This isn't about nerfing the top 1% who will always be the top 1% no matter what. This isn't about "game balance" or Life vs ES, or any of those other insignificant distractions. This is about slowing the progression of the mass majority of the player base to increase the Return on Invested Capital. After all, gaming assets don't just create themselves.

Actual business decisions revolve around more arcane but boring concepts like Return on Capital, Return on Equity, Debt/Equity ratios, Dividend Yields, and very important questions like "When do my stock options vest?" No one gives a shit about the current meta in executive boardroom meetings.

Well played GGG. :golf clap:

10/10 would love to be manipulated again.

I don't believe that's what happening; maybe its just the case of the fact that GGG is relishing Fall Of Oriath which seems to be all about defenses. So if they leave the game the way it is (which is really good in my opinion) why would we need to embrace new content. The game then would just be crap. It be like so many other games where u go to boss fight and thinking; I don't really need my flasks or God knows what to survive cos I know I not in any real danger right.

They keep saying its all new & POE will have 10 acts (still looks very similar to me at least we wont have to go through difficulties), maybe that side of is new; that u have to work trough the game from a defensive perspective.
"
bodierox wrote:

Spoken by a true rich person. Of course someone who can afford to get top tier gear won't give a shit about any nerf that happens to screw over poor players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info