PoeSmoother - effects remover

I don't know the diff between the programs and didn't get the answer.

Can this program be used or not?

The 2 GGG ppl semes to conteridict each other

"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
Hi Exiles,

Please be aware that using any programs that alter our in-game files is against our Terms of Use. If you're unsure about any software which you would like to use please contact 'support@grindinggear.com' so we're able to look into that for you.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's okay.

All i know is that i can't turn enough graphics down to play discharge builds ATM.
This program promises to fix so I can play the game, no cheating intended.

Can I use this program or will GGG fix the game?
Just make some options to reduce what is shown in graphics, otherwise this game is only playable by ppl with high end computers
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
I don't know the diff between the programs and didn't get the answer.

Can this program be used or not?

The 2 GGG ppl semes to conteridict each other

"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
Hi Exiles,

Please be aware that using any programs that alter our in-game files is against our Terms of Use. If you're unsure about any software which you would like to use please contact 'support@grindinggear.com' so we're able to look into that for you.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's okay.

All i know is that i can't turn enough graphics down to play discharge builds ATM.
This program promises to fix so I can play the game, no cheating intended.

Can I use this program or will GGG fix the game?
Just make some options to reduce what is shown in graphics, otherwise this game is only playable by ppl with high end computers

Bex's response was abput a different program that the one the OP is asking about.
U MAD?
so no poesmoother then right???
"
tub1641 wrote:
so no poesmoother then right???

Correct; it’s not allowed.

But maybe when we have the new ground effects you won’t need it. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
i still need it. wish poe had a remove particals setting
That's pretty rubbish IMO. POE has had growing performance issues for as long as I can remember, and when a program presents a solution THEY should give options for in-game, they say its a bannable offence. I'm sorry GGG, but your policies and priorities have really started rubbing me the wrong way. Give people more graphical options, or remake your game engine. I'm sure the number of players they've lost over the years to these issues would have warranted a fix by now. Rather than rushing new league content, fix your game; you may lose some players for those months without a new league, but they will come back after, and many players lost to performance in the past will be back...
"
natesch2005 wrote:
That's pretty rubbish IMO. POE has had growing performance issues for as long as I can remember, and when a program presents a solution THEY should give options for in-game, they say its a bannable offence. I'm sorry GGG, but your policies and priorities have really started rubbing me the wrong way. Give people more graphical options, or remake your game engine. I'm sure the number of players they've lost over the years to these issues would have warranted a fix by now. Rather than rushing new league content, fix your game; you may lose some players for those months without a new league, but they will come back after, and many players lost to performance in the past will be back...

The performance is better than ever, just that some people would insist on using decades old gear....maybe think about sorting your system out so you can actually use the the stuff that has been added rather than bleating and whining that they spend significant amounts of time and money recoding (and likely not doing anything for you anyway)

Also, just so you know, the game has more player despite a shit league than it did pretty much any time since 3.0.
And you make it sound like the people that quite the league already wouldn't have done so if all they had to play is standard/HC
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
natesch2005 wrote:

The performance is better than ever, just that some people would insist on using decades old gear....

It isn't even that, honestly. Given the shortage of GPUs recently, there was a head-to-head between an old NVIDIA 680GX and a new 1030 and 1060, and the difference wasn't that great for most games. Even some years back things are not that dire for the vast majority of people.

PoE just shows things that look like performance problems for some people, some of which are network related, some related to other things, and they all get lumped into one big bucket of "clearly, PoE 'optimization' is the issue" because other people have whined about the same thing...

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Also, just so you know, the game has more player despite a shit league than it did pretty much any time since 3.0.
And you make it sound like the people that quite the league already wouldn't have done so if all they had to play is standard/HC

This. Also, even super-generously estimating based on the number of forum complaints, this is an issue for less than one tenth of one percent of people who try the game out. It almost always works correctly.

Oh, and OP? The reason it is bannable is because it modifies local game files in a way that is indistinguishable from removing, eg, darkness from the game and making it easier to see everything, because you want to cheat.

That said, if you really object to a policy like that, you should go back to playing boardgames. You won't find anything on a computer that doesn't impose a similar condition on you, not these days.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Mar 19, 2018, 7:09:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info