Blight CI Witch: The First Blight

Updating as I level through Breach.

Here we are for a Blight Occultist (the obvious choice). Before we have too much fun: This is a work in progress! Any feedback on how to improve the build is very much appreciated.

Before we begin: This character does not have INSANE dps, and is meant to be played in a 1-2 person party to just have a little bit of fun.

Table of Contents

It will be here one day!

Just Why?!

Are you tired of tormented spirits being able to run away from you?! I have your solution: The First Blight (and an explosive one at that). One of my favorite things about this character is how easy it is to kill those speedy little demons! Another is the explosive fun that happens to packs of monsters thanks to Profane Bloom.

Stun....

This build is not (necessarily) HC viable. I cannot rely on my internet enough to even bother with HC. So far my granite flask has been more than enough to prevent stun lock from physical monsters. The only thing that has stunned me to the point where I have died so far has been lightning damage in a breach.

I have started using an Eye of Cheyhula. I got really tired of dying to lightning funlock.

Skill Tree and Bandits

Kill all of the bandits every time. They are bandits and deserve to die.

As far as leveling goes, I used a mixture of Blight and Essence Drain and Contagion. Many people have stated that Blight is very lack-luster as far as leveling goes, but these skills worked fine for me. I used blight to get to Merveil, and then used whatever felt like it was doing more damage at the time. I also just used whatever wands had the most spell damage at the time, a Goldrim, Atziri's Foible, and a couple -mana cost rings.

24 Points

50 Points

72 Points

Level 100: Thanks to poeplanner

Ascendancy Choices

Wicked Ward:
+100 to maximum energy shield
Energy shield recharge is not interrupted by damage if recharge began recently

Void Beacon:
Nearby Enemies have -20% Chaos Resistance
Nearby Enemies have 25% reduced Life Regeneration rate

Vile Bastion:
0.5% of energy shield regenerated for second for each enemy you're killed in the last four seconds
cannot be stunned while on full energy shield.

Profane Bloom:
Cursed Enemies you kill have a 20% chance to explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum life as chaos damage
Enemies you curse take 10% increased damage

This appears to scale with increased chaos damage, Area damage, and AoE from the tree! (I could be wrong, but it seemed to in standard)

I did normal-merc lab all in a row at level 70. I chose to go for Wicked ward first because I needed more ES. Void beacon came second to make merc lab a little easier. Vile Bastion came before Profane bloom for survivability. Soon I will attempt to get Profane Bloom for hilarity.

Gear

My current random stuff (You could just check out my character: TheFirstBlight):

I chose to get these with 75%+ Chaos Damage for a nice dps increase. They also have 10% increased radius of area skills, so that is a win. Finally 40% increased chaos skill effect duration, which makes increased skill duration in the tree not necessary (and not recommended because of lightning warp!).

I am not the richest guy in the world, but this armor seems pretty nice to me! 500+ ES 40% spell damage (I did not get very much), and 10% increased Radius of area skills!!!! This cost <10c.

I grabbed these because I needed two 45%+ res rolls and some okay ES.

I bought a Crystal Belt for 7c and Alch/Scoured a couple times and got 3 of the mods I wanted: ES, Armour, and Str. A free Res is nice too!

Movespeed, Res, Es boots.

Temporary until I get an awesome ES helm.

These rings are just for the loads of resists. I paid 4-5c for each of them and they both have a spot to craft either ES or attributes.

I really wanted the 2% ES regen and hopefully a lucky +1 curse corruption to save four points in the tree.

I am currently using 3 of these in my only jewel sockets on my current tree. I have a fourth Energy from Within (this one that is linked here) sitting in my stash for when I pick up that last socket and the life nodes near it(near the witch and Scion area).

Flasks

Gems and Links

Main skill:
Blight + Controlled Destruction + Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Faster Casting

Survival 1:
Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Vulnerability + Enlighten

Survival 2:
Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased duration

Survival 3:
Vaal Discipline + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration

Movement Skill:
Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration

Totem:
Spell totem + Whither + Faster Casting

Stats

Blight + Concentrated Effect + Rapid Decay + Controlled Destruction

Blight + Increased Area of Effect + Rapid Decay + Controlled Destruction

Maps Destroyed

T11 Torture Chamber - Shaper Possessed

Last edited by mastaerf on Jan 12, 2017, 5:00:09 PM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2017, 4:58:21 PM
Reserving
one more
Last reservation
playing it right now with a little better gear and the dps is Succ
"
EphektD wrote:

I started a new character to do a self found version of it. The damage is utter shit for leveling. Good thing I can roll scorching ray if I don't like blight. Heard scorching and flurry are OP.

"
DuckManParkey wrote:
"
EphektD wrote:

I started a new character to do a self found version of it. The damage is utter shit for leveling. Good thing I can roll scorching ray if I don't like blight. Heard scorching and flurry are OP.

Yeah thats exactly what im doing now , gonna try a inquisitor SR build i got here
Ye so far it really sucks for leveling. Once I hit high enough level will switch back to it. Tree is pretty much the same. Will be going CI and using same weapon. If I can get ES high enough without shield to a comfy level may dual wield same sceptre. See how it goes. Probably throw in a wither totem too.
"
EphektD wrote:
"
DuckManParkey wrote:
"
EphektD wrote:

Yeah thats exactly what im doing now , gonna try a inquisitor SR build i got here

I agree that the low level version is lack luster at the moment. I would probably try to level with something else. If you want to stick to the chaos theme, how is leveling with ED and Contagion?

"
Zac89 wrote:
Ye so far it really sucks for leveling. Once I hit high enough level will switch back to it. Tree is pretty much the same. Will be going CI and using same weapon. If I can get ES high enough without shield to a comfy level may dual wield same sceptre. See how it goes. Probably throw in a wither totem too.

I would also like to dual wield those scepters, but the ES is worrisome. So far my ES regen has been more than enough to keep me alive diddling around in dried lake while I manually dodge the heavy hitting attacks. I would like to build up to having 10k+ ES if I can, but that would be something I would try in the upcoming league.
IMO it would be excellent as spelltotem for ED contagion instead of wither

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info