Blight CI Witch: The First Blight

Thank you all for the replies, but I kind of like blight right now. It could be stronger, but it still gets the job done if you are careful.
Q: How does this build deal with stun mechanics? The only stun consideration I see is the Vile Bastion ascendancy, but that seems very minor compared to the high frequency that CI builds will encounter stuns from monsters.

Q: Would you give any consideration to a rare chest with over 700 energy shield, as your current 550 only brings your total to 7.4K which might put you into one-shot territory, due to some boss critical mechanics, and thus invalidate the build for hardcore?

Q: Do you feel like dropping one 5% node in the Templar Amplify wheel, and Path of the Savant in the Scion area, would be worth investing 2 points into Written in Blood for 15% ES, 12% 'life' (Again, for stun calculations) and +10 strength as you mentioned you were starved for stats and strength appears to be your lowest? These two points divided would be 7.5% es per point, which is more effective than your current 6% per point investment elsewhere.

Q: You mention you are running 3 Energy from Within jewels, in 'your only three jewel sockets on the tree', yet you in fact have 4 jewel sockets. I am aware you are placing a jewel that is not Energy from Within in the Scion life regeneration area, but you might think to reword this section and list the jewel you use there for clarity.

Q: For leveling, as many have stated they feel blight is lackluster during early farming, would you consider suggesting leveling uniques or strategies to assist them in following your build?

Cheers.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:

Q: How does this build deal with stun mechanics? The only stun consideration I see is the Vile Bastion ascendancy, but that seems very minor compared to the high frequency that CI builds will encounter stuns from monsters.

I have added a section called "Stun....". I use a granite flask, which seems to be enough to prevent getting fun-locked so far. The only issues is that I have died from being "stun"locked from lightning damage ONCE or TWICE. I am not a HC player, so I generally don't worry about an occasional death that much. You could swap the amulet for some stun immunity if you like.

"
Kwitch wrote:

Q: Would you give any consideration to a rare chest with over 700 energy shield, as your current 550 only brings your total to 7.4K which might put you into one-shot territory, due to some boss critical mechanics, and thus invalidate the build for hardcore?

I chose the chest piece for the damage and ES. You could try it out with more ES, but you lose AoE and some damage while raising the price of the build.

"
Kwitch wrote:

Q: Do you feel like dropping one 5% node in the Templar Amplify wheel, and Path of the Savant in the Scion area, would be worth investing 2 points into Written in Blood for 15% ES, 12% 'life' (Again, for stun calculations) and +10 strength as you mentioned you were starved for stats and strength appears to be your lowest? These two points divided would be 7.5% es per point, which is more effective than your current 6% per point investment elsewhere.

That is an awesome observation. I have not pathed down to Path of the Savant yet, so I might exchange that and a 6% ES node for Written in Blood. I will update that straight away.

"
Kwitch wrote:

Q: You mention you are running 3 Energy from Within jewels, in 'your only three jewel sockets on the tree', yet you in fact have 4 jewel sockets. I am aware you are placing a jewel that is not Energy from Within in the Scion life regeneration area, but you might think to reword this section and list the jewel you use there for clarity.

I typed that part right before heading to bed. I have not picked that jewel socket up yet. Thank you for reminding me to fix that!

"
Kwitch wrote:

Q: For leveling, as many have stated they feel blight is lackluster during early farming, would you consider suggesting leveling uniques or strategies to assist them in following your build?

Cheers.

I have updated and addressed this. I Used Blight, Essence Drain, and Contagion to level. I found it seemed kind of weak until Act 3 Norm, and it seemed to do alright after that. I did switch back and forth between ED/C and Blight just for leveling funsies.

Thank you for the feedback!!
Q: Do you think a skin of the loyal can fit this build?

Q: Have you tried using Xirgil's Crank? The "20% chance for Energy Shield Recharge to start when you Block", plus a rumi's will give you a lot of block chance, which has a lot of synergy with wicked ward since if you succesfully block a hit your ES won't stop regenerating (refering to Pohx).

I'm really interested in trying this build.
"
blckfckngmtl wrote:
Q: Do you think a skin of the loyal can fit this build?

It probably could! I would definitely sacrifice a gem to use empower if you managed to get your hands on one of those.

"
blckfckngmtl wrote:

Q: Have you tried using Xirgil's Crank? The "20% chance for Energy Shield Recharge to start when you Block", plus a rumi's will give you a lot of block chance, which has a lot of synergy with wicked ward since if you succesfully block a hit your ES won't stop regenerating (refering to Pohx).

That is a very interesting idea. I had not thought about that. The issue that I see is that you lose some damage and 20% increased AoE.

"
blckfckngmtl wrote:

I'm really interested in trying this build.

Give it a shot! You might like it.
What about Bandits?
"
pulodin wrote:
What about Bandits?

You would answer your own question by looking at the links to poeplanner, but nevertheless, I added that to the skill tree section.
Last edited by mastaerf on Jan 12, 2017, 5:00:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info