How to beat Malachai?

I tried around 15 times now and nothing happens no matter what i do,his life bar just stays the same,doesnt even move no matter what i throw at him. any suggestions on what weapon,gem,skill etc i should try? i am using a level 42 marauder.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2016, 4:41:36 PM
Hmm, unless it's something obvious like taking Ancestral bond right before the fight, no idea. Unhide your profile in settings so we can see which char it is.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Its unhided now
Speaking of something obvious (to the game developers at least) is that when Malachai has his red bubble up no one can damage him. You either have to attack Piety when she becomes red in 1st phase, or the organs when they start bleeding in the 2md phase.

Malachai doesn't have any immunities or life regeneration so like raics said, it's a mystery why you wouldn't be able to damage Malachai unless you took Ancestral Bond right before fight or switched to The Goddess Scorned and are a spellcaster
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 11, 2016, 3:34:08 PM
i can damage him but his health seems to be stuck at around maybe 80%,he kills me before i can do any more damage to him
i didnt even try to attack piety,i thought she was helping me,so i should try to kill her first?
Ah, right, a first timer, eh?

If you don't want to figure it out on your own...
- At the start of the fight piety takes down his shield
- Clobber Malachi until he puts up the protective shell, after which he'll regain control of Piety and both will attack you.
- Hit Piety until she's at half health, her sanity will return at that point and she'll take his shield down again.
- Repeat the whole process one more time

For the second fight he will use the three hearts around the ring to heal and power up his shield so you will need to destroy them when he does.

"
username6651 wrote:
i didnt even try to attack piety,i thought she was helping me,so i should try to kill her first?

whenever peity shouts "kill me" thats the time you slap her ass, then malachai gets jealous and actually kills her
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
I figured it out and killed him and made it to the twillight strand. and yes i'm a first timer :)
Good work, if you need help, tips or whatever, just ask.

By the way, your passive tree has a ton of wasted points, you will want to sort that out soon.

Last edited by raics on Jun 11, 2016, 4:14:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info