Mechanical Questions Thread

"
BBFortune wrote:
Hey there. In the midst of all the 3.9 stuff I come with a bit of a legacy question about how Geofri's Legacy cooldown recovery speed works. If the base cooldown of Holy Relics is 0.25 seconds, would eg. a 20% reduced cooldown recovery speed translate into:

0.25 * 1.2 = 0.3 seconds

or

0.25 / 0.8 = 0.3125 seconds

PoB and I seem to be in disagreement over what the correct calculation is, so just want to know for sure if I'm wrong or PoB.
The second one is correct, it's Base Cooldown Time / (100% + Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed). If the first formula was the correct one, then 100% increased cooldown recovery (like on Violent Dead) would mean instant recovery, which it doesn't.
"
ekaye wrote:
The second one is correct, it's Base Cooldown Time / (100% + Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed). If the first formula was the correct one, then 100% increased cooldown recovery (like on Violent Dead) would mean instant recovery, which it doesn't.

Yeah, I understand how the increased cooldown recovery speed works. What put me in doubt is that this is a negative cooldown recovery speed. In a way this works opposite, as a 100% reduced cooldown recovery actually would result in a divide by 0, ie. infinite cooldowns.

As I thought of myself today though this is how negative multipliers seem to work across the board, so I guess it makes sense for negative CDR to work this way as well.
Last edited by BBFortune on Dec 13, 2019, 11:48:55 AM
Hey, I wanted to ask if the new redeemer mod

"Spells have a (12–14)% chance to deal Double Damage"

also applys to the dot damage of for example essence drain

also applys to the dot damage of for example de
Impale armor pen from Swift skewering and Forceful Skewering(Enemies you Impale have -10% to Total physical damage reduction against Impale hits) is debuff ? or just conditional effect on impale attack? Assume that I impaled an enemy and my minion also impaled that enemy, then impale damage from minion is also affected by Total physical damage reduction?
hey there
Righteous Fire, Spell Totem, Multiple Totems
This is a question when we use all three together
Are burn damage caused by R.F overlapped by multiple totems?
AMULET- Extractor Mentis
have the attribute: Recover 1% of Life on Kill

The recover life is for each kill ?
Does Skitterbots link with Infernal Legion Support proc Elemental Equilibrium for me if I use Arc as primary skill?
Is the interaction between cremation and fury valve intended?

It drastically reduce the number of projectiles from the geyser, but the projectiles don't split when they land
"

also applys to the dot damage of for example essence drain
Double damage only applies to hits. It does not apply to any sort of damage over time, including damaging ailments from hits.
"
ee3227 wrote:
Impale armor pen from Swift skewering and Forceful Skewering(Enemies you Impale have -10% to Total physical damage reduction against Impale hits) is debuff ? or just conditional effect on impale attack? Assume that I impaled an enemy and my minion also impaled that enemy, then impale damage from minion is also affected by Total physical damage reduction?
According to the manifesto, this is a debuff that goes along with the impale, so yes, impaling an enemy yourself would apply the penalty to all impale damage the enemy takes.
"
squint9317 wrote:
hey there
Righteous Fire, Spell Totem, Multiple Totems
This is a question when we use all three together
Are burn damage caused by R.F overlapped by multiple totems?
My understanding is that multiple RF totems don't stack their damage.
"
darkkyo wrote:
AMULET- Extractor Mentis
have the attribute: Recover 1% of Life on Kill

The recover life is for each kill ?
Yes, for each kill.
"
Fabuloso81 wrote:
Does Skitterbots link with Infernal Legion Support proc Elemental Equilibrium for me if I use Arc as primary skill?
Skitterbots do not hit, so they can't apply Elemental Equilibrium. Even if they could, minions don't benefit from your modifiers, so they only way they could have EE is by being socketed in Malachai's Artifice. If you have EE yourself, Arc will apply it, and the Skitterbots will gain the benefit of its lowered resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info