Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello guys sup.

Trying to make a new phys bow dmg build w poison on hit and phys dmg converted to chaos dmg. From the possible skills I thought on using lig arrow came up. But: does the amount of phys dmg converted to lig dmg means that I'll deal less dmg with chaos? And I'm asking that not only because of poison support gem, but also because of physical damage converted to chaos dmg!

Thx for the attention and sorry for poor english :)

cya
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Nov 5, 2016, 11:05:19 AM
I wanted to see if I could possibly get confirmation on some item mechanics. The community has been theorizing as to whether or not the following item mechanics work with totems. The wording on the items is a bit confusing and wording doesn't always mean what it is suppose to mean. It's hard to test this.

A) Does the unique ring "Emberwake" work with totems? Basically if you have it equipped can your totems stack multiple ignites on a target up to 300.

B) Does the unique ring "The Taming" work with totems? If Emberwake works with totems and totems are enable to stack up to 300 ignites on a target. Will you, and subsequently your totems, get the 10% increased damage buff per shock, ignite, and freeze effect that "The Taming" gives you?

C) If you wear an "eye of innocence" that deals fire damage to yourself or your totems, what is the source of that damage? Is it the player? If so, do your increases to damage that apply to fire damage subsequently increase the damage delt to you or your totems by an item such as "eye of innocence"?

If you could clarify this that would be great. I would greatly appreciate it and I could then update the wiki to reflect it and put peoples minds to ease.

Here is the forum discussion I found for reference:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714842

As always, Thanks!
"
Daimonidlo wrote:
I was surprised to find, that life leech from The Harvest become local, and dont apply to whole damage. This is a mistake in the description of this item, or the error of its mechanics? Because life leech on Doryani's Catalyst is global,at the same the description thereof is identical, there is no indication of the difference in their mechanics. If this is associated with changes in patch 2.0 "Leech on weapons is now local (it doesn't affect your other weapon)." why Doryani's Catalyst still leech damage from spells?

P.S.
In truth I was very much upset. Because I accumulated currency and nurtured the idea of build - 2 month. As a result, I spent a "to nowhere" large amount (according to my standards) game currency, some points for microtransaction ... and got a huge disappointment instead of joy.
It´s elementary my dear watson. If u ready both descriptions of items (the harverst and doryani's) you will notice that leech on the harvest is (...) on critical STRIKE therefore does not apply to global leech. doryani's in other hand reads "0.2 of elemental dmg leech as life". There's no strike on that or anything else that tells u it's local. Some questions can be answered by reading carefully the description on items. Some times the "mistake" or "error' is with the piece in front of the computer :P. GL HF
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Nov 5, 2016, 2:52:19 PM
"Strike" does not imply local or global - it's just part of the 'Critical Strike' term.
To expand on what Vipermagi said - the rule in this game is that if it is an existing property of the unmodified (white) item, then modifiers to that stat apply locally. So for example, Weapons always have an Attack hit attempt as a property, so accuracy is local, bleeding on hit is local.

EDIT: Nearly forgot. Doryani leech is global because white Weapons never have elemental damage attached to them.

Conditional modifiers are never local, I suppose because white Weapons don't check for conditions (like damage against frozen enemies).

Honestly The Harvest seems like a gray area to me, the "on critical strike" smells like a conditional and thus global effect to me, but I guess the way the game reads it right now is that white weapons can crit, white weapons can leech, so it's local. Shrugs. I doubt they will ever change it but GGG has done stranger things.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Nov 5, 2016, 5:02:36 PM
Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out how certain mechanics apply to Burning damage. From what I've read on the wiki added damage does not apply as it's a damage over time effect, but this leaves me with one question that may be due to my lack of understanding.

Do "Gain % of damage as extra damage" effects count strictly as added damage? I'm assuming so based on the language "Gain" but I'm not certain if the interaction is handled differently than say "Add x-x damage".

For clarification, I'm talking about potential interactions between the new Scorching Ray skill and the Occultist Malediction passive. Would the on kill "gain % of non-chaos as chaos damage" give the ray's fire burn additional chaos burn, or does this ability have no interaction? Thanks in advance!
"Gain z% of X as Y" grants a flat Damage bonus, it does not apply to Damage over Time.

----
@adghar: Yeah, it's a bit vague on these types of modifiers, and it has changed a couple times over the years. I really don't know, hence my comment being fairly brief... :p
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 5, 2016, 5:28:18 PM
Hi there,

Its not possible found answer for it (you can be always unlucky, its RNG ... and I already tried) and no info anywhere else (wiki etc)

Unique maps, The Perandus Manor and The Vinktar Square
Its possible to get them by:
a) chance base map type?
b) with divination card The Encroaching Darkness?

thank you very much for any answer
Have a great day :)

btw, if answer will be not ... means in league where is not perandus mod on Zana ... its not possible finish whole atlas, because of missing Perandus Manor?
Can Rogue Exiles still drop new bases? Prior to 2.4.1, I was farming Anarchy maps for the new base items and finding them quite frequently. However, post 2.4.1, I have killed at least 400-500 Exiles without finding one new base. I was wondering if they can still drop the new bases, were the drop rates heavily nerfed or maybe it is bugged? I didn't see anything in the patch notes regarding this but with the amount of Exiles I killed, it doesn't seem like just bad rng. Thank you.
Is shaper stun immune?
Last edited by Zac89 on Nov 6, 2016, 6:27:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info