Please, Fix Labyrinth Timer

As a speedrunner I was hyped for labyrinth ladder but as it turns out, only handful of people can compete in it. With such low times and records every second matters which means even every SSD user isn't competing on same league.

What's the problem? The time counter keeps going in loading screen, this means it counts in real time.

Easy, fast cheap fix? The time should be counted in in-game time. Know that grace period? When you break grace period the timer should be ticking and not before. This is such obvious thing in speedrunning I'm little baffled by current setup but mostly disappointed as currently ladder excludes most people.
Last edited by KawaiiLoli on Apr 18, 2016, 6:50:47 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2016, 10:44:31 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I understand your frustration and sympathize, but the problem is that such a fix is not easy, not fast, and not cheap.

Behind the scenes, there is no timer. Just a couple of time-stamps. We already went with the "easy, fast, cheap" solution. Making it track in-game time across multiple servers is much harder. It would be nice, yes, but unfortunately it's actually quite a lot of work. Sorry.
Code warrior
@rhys

Does that mean people shouldn't look for this to change at all or does that mean that if it were to change it would take lets say a yearish?

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
With no way to control variables in computer and network performance during the run and no easy way to track in game time - having all these obstacles conflicting with the design goal of a race base leaderboard why make it at all?
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Apr 19, 2016, 1:07:04 AM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
With no way to control variables in computer and network performance during the run and no easy way to track in game time - having all these obstacles conflicting with the design goal of a leaderboard why make it at all?

Well the prizes are kinda cool and the whole idea of having another competitive aspect that is optional doesn't really hurt anything.

They cant control things like this in races and people still do them, similar logic can apply here.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
With no way to control variables in computer and network performance during the run and no easy way to track in game time - having all these obstacles conflicting with the design goal of a leaderboard why make it at all?

Well the prizes are kinda cool and the whole idea of having another competitive aspect that is optional doesn't really hurt anything.

They cant control things like this in races and people still do them, similar logic can apply here.

That was already there and had it's own context that people had those expectations in, it seems like a waste to implement a poorly executed subset of this for the lab. Not to mention the conflicting goals of making a maze like lab that's meant to be ran as fast as possible, but I digress. Point is maybe they could have made the lab a better experience generally if they scrapped the fairly shoddy idea it was meant to be raced competitively that only a small set of people would even care about.
You spend $400 on a video card but cant get a $80 ssd?

If your gonna compete you need basic equip.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
You spend $400 on a video card but cant get a $80 ssd?

If your gonna compete you need basic equip.

P2W confirmed.
I understand the OP complain and fully agree with him, it just doesn't make sense to do a competitive race based on time where time is not equally counted across all racers.
I also understand Rhys that it may be hard to fix.
That being said, SSD is for me the biggest improvement in home computing performance in the last 10 years. Yes I'd rather have a SSD (I have two in fact) than a Geforce Titan. Really, buy one if you don't have one yet, it's a life changer.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
...or compete in the regular HC league, almost noone does that ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info