Void Manipulation + Voltaxic Rift question

"
grepman wrote:
sorry for slight offtopic and dumb question, but since were talking void manipulation...Im assuming the more multiplier also affects poison ?

It should.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
It does.
"
Mannoth wrote:
Ok so a quick example with made up numbers:

Spoiler

200% increased lightning damage
150% increased chaos damage
100% increased projectile damage

5-500 base lightning damage from gear (weapon, rings, etc)
18–342 lightning damage from level 20 Added Lightning
16–248 lightning damage from wrath
170–256 chaos damage from added chaos

100% lightning converted to chaos
Void Manipulation: 39% more chaos damage 25% reduced elemental damage

Let's break it down:

Lightning total:
(5+18+16) - (500+342+248) = 39 - 1090 base lightning damage

Conversion to chaos:
39 - 1090 converted chaos damage
170 - 256 non converted chaos damage

Converted chaos damage is affected by: projectile, elemental and lightning modifiers
Non converted chaos damage isn't affected by elemental and lightning

Total dps:
(39 - 1090) * (1.0 + 2.0[increased lght] + 1.0[increased proj] + 1.5[increased chaos] - 0.25[void manipulation]) * 1.39[void manipulation] = 284 - 7954 converted chaos damage

(170 - 256) * (1.0 + 1.5[increased chaos] + 1.0[increased proj]) * 1.39[void manipulation] = 827 - 1245 chaos damage

So you would end up doing:
(284 + 827) - (7954 + 1245) = 1111 - 9199 total chaos damage

Nicely explained.

So basically, the downside is rather very unnoticeable when most builds have an immense amount of WED and projectile damage(totaling over 250 in which case VM reduces it to 225) but VM multiplies final converted chaos damage by 1.3?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Thank you very much Vipermagi, Mannoth and Meridin! I really appreciate the time you have spent giving me such detailed answers and examples.

As a result I moved my points from Arcing Blows to Projectile Damage. I'm quite happy with my current build as I plow through content and Merci-Malachai went down yesterday @level 69. However I want to make some changes and evolve into this.

LA + GMP + WED + VoidMan + Pierce/Chain for AoE, Innervate will be the 6th link.
BlastRain + FastAtt + WED + ConcEff + Poison for single target. VoidMan will be the 6th link.

The rest of the setup will change to
Wrath + HoT + Enlighten + AA/Grace/Haste (with Alpha's I can run up to 3)
VaalSpark + Echo + Fork + CtrlDest
And either VaalGrace + VaalHaste + IncDur, BlinkArrow or MirrorArrow + Trap + MultiTrap, BlinkArrow. Currently I'm favoring the MirrorArrow setup because gaining souls for 3 Vaal spells is slow and distractions for hard bosses are always welcome.

For cursing I want so use Asenath's Gentle Touch (Vulnerability corruption would be nasty).

I didn't pick up Frenzy charges because I don't have the sockets for Frenzy and I don't know of any other option to reliably get charges during boss fights where I could actually use them. For normal content they have not been necessary so far, sometimes I'm one-shooting entire rooms full of blues. Finally I'm not sure if Fatal Toxins is worth 4 points.

Hopefully RNG bestows a second Static Electricity X-mas present :-)
Last edited by fae76 on Dec 22, 2015, 5:49:29 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:

Nicely explained.

So basically, the downside is rather very unnoticeable when most builds have an immense amount of WED and projectile damage(totaling over 250 in which case VM reduces it to 225) but VM multiplies final converted chaos damage by 1.3?

Indeed, Void Manipulation whole downside can be countered with 2 points on the passive tree or a belt/ring/amulet with WED.
It's the same with Controlled Destruction, the 100% reduced crit chance isn't really that big of a deal since it's reduced and not less crit chance, and is really a good multiplier for crit builds if you are running power charges since 2 power charges will negate the whole downside of it.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 22, 2015, 4:44:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info