[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Could someone pls make quick 30 pt tree? Dont know if I should go through ES circle or go up and take int nodes ;/
"
Asag wrote:
Could someone pls make quick 30 pt tree? Dont know if I should go through ES circle or go up and take int nodes ;/

30 pt is still in Normal and before you can start using WI even if you have it (lv 33). At that point you should still be using Lightning Tendrils (the very 1st thing you grab and just run with it until you are big enough to use WI).

So here's a 31 pt tree for you.

Go up/right for Crackling Speed, then grab Foresight, then Arcane Focus and Deep Wisdom, and by then you can start caring about some resists (down from the start).

Once you get WI, drop the lightning cluster and grab Snowforged and go for AoF.

ETA: Do you already have a WI waiting for you (i.e. in Standard) or are you planning on playing this char without WI in a new league until you get WI? In the latter case you'll be using Firestorm (from lv 12), so then don't bother with Crackling Speed and go straight for Snowforged.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 4, 2016, 5:09:16 PM
Tyvm, I have WI in standard but just leveling in Perandus league with spark/orb till I get WI. I know its not the best way to start new league but meh, I really wanna get hands on my WI as fast as possible so will keep going.
Last edited by Asag on Mar 4, 2016, 5:17:33 PM
Profile should be public now.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Baalorlord wrote:

are you going as a shadow for WI ?
"
DokoOo wrote:
"
Baalorlord wrote:

are you going as a shadow for WI ?

Nah - that shadow is a fire nova mine build I am trying out in Perandus.
I tested Elemental Overload. It sets crit multiplier to 100%, i.e. your crit hits do the same damage as your regular hits, therefore you lose the multiplier from crit damage.

In my case (5% crit chance with CD and the standard 150% crit multiplier):

1 + 0.05*1.50 = 1.075, or 7.5% MORE damage.

Landing a crit hit gives you a 8 sec buff Elemental Overload with a new icon that is indeed 40% MORE damage.

Just like Baalorlord guessed, the crit or non-crit status is determined once per cast, and you also need to hit something for a crit hit to happen (casting Icestorm on an empty spot never crits). With CD my crit chance is 5%, with FC instead of CD it's 7.5%, but since we also never spam cast Icestorm, the buff isn't on a lot.

While clearing trash in any tier zone, you cast, move, cast move. In the top tiers, blue mobs may require 2 or even 3 casts. With Elemental Overload on, it lowers that by 1 cast. Anything lower than tier 13 or so dies from 1 cast with or without EO. So this is useful mostly for the bosses.

I am not sure if EO is going to be really useful or not. Currently leaning towards 'Yes'. I am definitely able to trigger it more than once per minute (as long as there is something to hit). Let's consider getting it every 40 sec for 8 sec, i.e. it's on 20% of the time. Then it gives you an average of 40% * 0.2 = 8% MORE damage.

So I lose a constant 7.5% MORE damage multiplier to get a random 8% (or so) MORE multiplier.

If you use FC instead of CD, your crit chance is 7.5%, so you lose 1 + 0.075*1.50 = 1.1125, or 11% MORE damage.

I don't think it's really worth a skill point. Leaning towards 'No' now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 4, 2016, 9:30:59 PM
For mapping, EO won't make much of a difference one way or the other. For bosses (Atziri, anyone?) I think it will make a very sigificant difference, as you ARE standing still and spamming icestorm in these instances. For this reason, I think its worth the 1pt investment but I cannot say with certainty until I test it out thoroughly.
Main post updated to 2.2 for skill trees, gems, and gear.

Ascendancy class stuff not added yet because I am lagging too hard to actually get through the labrynth.

Let me know if there are any errors, inconsistencies, or obvious improvements the main post can have. Looking for good ways to use that spare 4-link in my helmet in particular. Maybe CWDT + increased critical strikes + some crit spell to trigger elemental overload?

"
Baalorlord wrote:
For mapping, EO won't make much of a difference one way or the other. For bosses (Atziri, anyone?) I think it will make a very sigificant difference, as you ARE standing still and spamming icestorm in these instances. For this reason, I think its worth the 1pt investment but I cannot say with certainty until I test it out thoroughly.

I don't think it will trigger on Atziri while she is inactive. And once she goes active you can no longer afford to stand still.

I haven't tried her yet though.

I unlocked and completed the Labyrinth on each difficulty. Elezerker is awesome! Beside the direct benefits from the 2 classes, you also get 2 skill points and 40 Int. So now I have 11837 ES.

2.2 took 10 Int from us by moving one of the 10 dex nodes between the two Fertile Mind's just out of reach of one of them. But the 2 points from Ascendancy allowed me to grab that socket near GR that I traded for AoE earlier.

I couldn't find any jewels better than another Izaro's, so I now have two Izaro's. And I replaced LL with a fresh bought Elemental Focus (lv 13, haven't even leveled it yet).

And with all that, in just 1 day, my avg hit went from 6396 to... 11413 !!

All I can say is: HOLY SHIT!

I understand that many builds will benefit from 2.2. But how many will see their DPS double? 2.0 and 2.1 were good to us, but 2.2 takes the cake.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 5, 2016, 2:21:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info