VIDEO BEAR TRAP - Unbalanced?

Hello, I created a video for you to give your opinion aout the bear traps. Many people say they are not balanced, but I think so. They do enough damage, but it's hard to hit. What can you do to avoid getting tied up in so long to a bear trap?

The pvp video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRsOcUKz14
i guess that ranger noob and glass canon
how much hp you and he have
"
kiersz wrote:
i guess that ranger noob and glass canon
how much hp you and he have

I have 1125 hp and 575 shield, he no idea
well thats the answer

on 28 pvp i have 1200 hp
and you on 60 lvl have 1700

skill is fine ppl just need to get better gear
"
kiersz wrote:
well thats the answer

on 28 pvp i have 1200 hp
and you on 60 lvl have 1700

skill is fine ppl just need to get better gear

HP its not all. Some ppl play with 1 hp :). Depends of the build that u're making, I have no hp but full evasion and critics + chaos damage
The skill is not useful against ranged players. They don't need to get close to you, you can't really force them to move to a specific spot either. Though if you play a melee hero, you need to get in close. You can easier dictate where the other player have to move.

You also only had one gem equiped, you could have several, placing bear traps everywhere if you so wanted.

The obvious reason for the trap to be OP is that bear trap is such a high damage dealer all by itself. You don't need no other damage source really and no equipment to improve the damage. You can go full out defensive with your build and eq and almost out-dps everyone as it's so reliable as you you can't dodge, block or reduce the damage with armour/resistance in anyway as soon as it triggers.

Ofcours, it won't be as easy to land on a player using ranged weapons/magic.
Last edited by JonPoolbrain on Feb 6, 2013, 3:18:33 PM
you cant lay more than 3 trap
1hp playstyle is ok

"
you cant lay more than 3 trap
1hp playstyle is ok

Like i've said several times in different topics. If you have several Bear Trap gems slotted in your equipment several trap icons will display while deciding which skill to work with which key.

That way you can have 24 bear traps available at the same time (As there are 8 skill hotkeys, including all mouse buttons, and 3 traps for every key), more if you want to swap skill icons in the middle of a match.
yea yea you can have 24 trap and what
you cant lay more than 3 and all you can do is just spam trap

it no so hard to counter
Skills that use spawning of any kind should be reducd ed to the max of a single gem.
Else I can wear 7 zombie gems and be allowed to spawn an entire army, while using another 7 for skeletons, by swapping the gear with the x button.
Which brings along another issue: unlike auras, active skills should terminate, when their key binding is changed. You should be able to use different auras by reassigning the key, but not any active skill: You use zombies with buton Q, spawn zombies and reassign Q for skeletons? Zombies should die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info