I think GGG made the perfect choice.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 8, 2014, 1:20:47 PM
"
"
ogorhan wrote:
Meh for me it showed that GGG will succumb to player whining and that they wont stand by the decision they made given enough player backlash.

Players should have been gratefull that they even got a 1 month league between downtime. GGG decides to try things differently but then backtracked quickly after initial responses. I'm not personally going to participe in it but if I was, I would not have raged and QQ'ed to GGG for not doing a HC league for once.

It was the streamer backlash that changed GGG's mind. Whether or not two separate leagues were necessary is immaterial. It's clear now who is driving the bus.

So, GGG on the throne and Streamers being their elite, where does the rest of us rank? Peasants?
"
"
"
ogorhan wrote:
Meh for me it showed that GGG will succumb to player whining and that they wont stand by the decision they made given enough player backlash.

Players should have been gratefull that they even got a 1 month league between downtime. GGG decides to try things differently but then backtracked quickly after initial responses. I'm not personally going to participe in it but if I was, I would not have raged and QQ'ed to GGG for not doing a HC league for once.

It was the streamer backlash that changed GGG's mind. Whether or not two separate leagues were necessary is immaterial. It's clear now who is driving the bus.

So, GGG on the throne and Streamers being their elite, where does the rest of us rank? Peasants?

Somewhere around there :)
"
"
"
ogorhan wrote:

Peasant master race reporting in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOTKA0aGI0
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 8, 2014, 12:13:42 PM
I'm not one of the HC people now praising him and I'm also not trying to bash HC people at all. I just thought to share my observation on how I believe things would have played out. Other people ideas are always welcome (as some people have posted), as I'm bound to be wrong on some points.
be honest: the main reason people watch streams is to watch them die.

and there is nothing worse for the game than people stop streaming poe because there is no hc league for one month.

it all makes sense for me.
on a related note: becoming a streamer and stop being a "peasant" is just 3 clicks away....
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The conspiracy is leaked!
I'm sure HasuKishi gonna suffer a really bad RNG this coming month lol
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
GGG confirmed for genius. But there's the fact that almost all races until now were HC ones, so if GGG had announced the 1 month race to be HC exclusive, almost nobody would've complained. Still, both scenarios show how sole expectations play a large part in the amount of fun and satisfaction players have :D

Btw I think the 1 month league was planned as a HC only league, but then GGG realized they didn't want another "Invasiongate" with an unbalanced overtuned league, so they decided to make it SC. They didn't reckon the HC player outrage though :D

There is a difference between a race and a 1 month league. Also, had the 1 month league been announced as HC only I would have been just as upset as the HC community was when it was announced SC only.

I have been waiting for 2 months for Ambush to end. It's bad enough there is a one week gap between the end of Ambush and start of the 1 month league. Having to wait an additional 4 weeks for the next 4 month league would have sucked, and why the HC community was upset when the 1 month league was announced as SC only.

Yes. It is as simple as that.

Otherwise.. At some point we knew GGG would have to slow down. 4 months isn't enough time to crank out new, balanced content. And so it finally happened, and they figured they'd appease the horde with a 1 month event.

Well, players read that as a "league" (even though leagues are events technically), and most people probably thought there would be some kind of short term leagues. Looking back I don't know what I thought. I think people were just reacting without thinking about it.

GGG probably figured it would be fine, just a fun event for everyone, not realizing that people were dead set on leagues like normal. I don't think we really thought about it, we just reacted.

I'm glad they made a HC version though, makes everyone happy and now they don't have to listen to complaints and everyone will play. It is a good move for them. They don't take a risk of losing any players due to the extended time for the development of the new content, and they successfully broke the expectation that leagues will immediately begin after previous leagues. It's a win win for them.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
The HC players tend to be HC exclusive, that is why we whine if there is no HC league. We don't care what is going on in SC leagues, we don't care if it is balanced, we just just want to be able to play. We don't think we are better than SC (most of us anyway), SC is just not fun for us so if there is no HC league we don't get to play. Its not an elitist thing, HC and SC are different games. If HC was not in POE I would not play.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
The HC players tend to be HC exclusive, that is why we whine if there is no HC league. We don't care what is going on in SC leagues, we don't care if it is balanced, we just just want to be able to play. We don't think we are better than SC (most of us anyway), SC is just not fun for us so if there is no HC league we don't get to play. Its not an elitist thing, HC and SC are different games. If HC was not in POE I would not play.

Pretty much this.

SC players often have a go at HC players for acting like idiots but at every given opportunity a select few SC players do exactly the same thing in the name of justice. Its just ridiculous.

Some muppet says GGG are just giving in to player demand... well yes. Thank god. We don't need another Blizzard-type company. Blizzard fill their role (for the masses) and so do GGG.

Heads need to be removed from rears.

Be grateful... 2 leagues. It's good news!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info