I think GGG made the perfect choice.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
I want to see onslaught and invasion together. It will be lots of fun.

DEATH TO EVERYONE.

Well, they are, at the end of the league.

I wish It was every single one of them together instead though, domination too.
Oblivious
Strange theory but not one I'm going to bite.

HC players generally don't care for "fairness" especially in a game where it really doesn't matter.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
HasuKishi wrote:
In regards to the 1 month league thing. From what I can tell there were three options:

1)Introduce HC and SC right from the get go. People would complain that SC players have an unfair advantage over HC ones for getting the prizes. No real solution to complaints.

2) Introduce HC first. The amount of SC players outnumbers hardcore, similar effect to what happened in this instance, but more pronounce. SC league would be added. HC people then complain about same thing in #1.

3) Introduce SC first. HC people complain, as they did. Add HC option. HC people so pleased they forget to complain about "unfairness" in any real force.

A+ to GGG

Except, in the case of option 2, SC players wouldn't have QQ'd, bitched and whined.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
They also got free pizza http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2a3pdd/poe_community_orders_pizza_for_ggg_to_show/ and great PR.

GGG devs planned this all along.
"
HasuKishi wrote:
In regards to the 1 month league thing. From what I can tell there were three options:

1)Introduce HC and SC right from the get go. People would complain that SC players have an unfair advantage over HC ones for getting the prizes. No real solution to complaints.

2) Introduce HC first. The amount of SC players outnumbers hardcore, similar effect to what happened in this instance, but more pronounce. SC league would be added. HC people then complain about same thing in #1.

3) Introduce SC first. HC people complain, as they did. Add HC option. HC people so pleased they forget to complain about "unfairness" in any real force.

A+ to GGG

Not sure if trying to prove something or just another SC fanboy who needs to make HC players look worse than what they are ?? This topic is so stupid that i don't think there's a point to even discuss with you.

Where do you even come up with this?
"People would complain that SC players have an unfair advantage over HC ones for getting the prizes"

You obvisouly haven't seen how fast HC players lvl, besides, any HC players can reach lvl 80 in a month ..... Maybe you didn't read this part from Chris :"Both events have identical rules, and they both share the same prize pool."
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
So at first the whining and then the praise? Wow, talk about hypocrites.

Bad mouth GGG for not making a HC league, now you got one and you praise them to the high heavens. Principles are so screwed up. :(
"
Xavderion wrote:
GGG confirmed for genius. But there's the fact that almost all races until now were HC ones, so if GGG had announced the 1 month race to be HC exclusive, almost nobody would've complained. Still, both scenarios show how sole expectations play a large part in the amount of fun and satisfaction players have :D

Btw I think the 1 month league was planned as a HC only league, but then GGG realized they didn't want another "Invasiongate" with an unbalanced overtuned league, so they decided to make it SC. They didn't reckon the HC player outrage though :D

There is a difference between a race and a 1 month league. Also, had the 1 month league been announced as HC only I would have been just as upset as the HC community was when it was announced SC only.

I have been waiting for 2 months for Ambush to end. It's bad enough there is a one week gap between the end of Ambush and start of the 1 month league. Having to wait an additional 4 weeks for the next 4 month league would have sucked, and why the HC community was upset when the 1 month league was announced as SC only.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Jul 8, 2014, 10:17:27 AM
Meh for me it showed that GGG will succumb to player whining and that they wont stand by the decision they made given enough player backlash.

Players should have been gratefull that they even got a 1 month league between downtime. GGG decides to try things differently but then backtracked quickly after initial responses. I'm not personally going to participe in it but if I was, I would not have raged and QQ'ed to GGG for not doing a HC league for once.
Closed Beta Member.
"
ogorhan wrote:
Meh for me it showed that GGG will succumb to player whining and that they wont stand by the decision they made given enough player backlash.

Players should have been gratefull that they even got a 1 month league between downtime. GGG decides to try things differently but then backtracked quickly after initial responses. I'm not personally going to participe in it but if I was, I would not have raged and QQ'ed to GGG for not doing a HC league for once.

It was the streamer backlash that changed GGG's mind. Whether or not two separate leagues were necessary is immaterial. It's clear now who is driving the bus.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 8, 2014, 10:44:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info