Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

Thanks for this. I've been running Sam's megaleech build and, while I do enjoy it, it just doesn't have the right "ranger" feel to it. I love being zippy and staying away from things haha. I also just had a Rat's Nest drop for me today and I've been wanting to use it. This build let's me get away from the Blood Dance shoes so that I can afford the Nest's lack of HP. Not much of a respec either! I'll post with what I think after leveling up a couple necessary gems haha.

Edit: Yup, even with my gems considerably lower level than my RoA set, my DPS is higher >.>. GJ on the build, I love it.
I can give you love, rocking horses, and dancing!
Last edited by CuboidKramer on Jun 20, 2014, 4:26:39 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Asidra wrote:
I don't see a CWDT setup in his gear - where do you see this second Curse? It looks like he'd manual cast his Critical Weakness on groups, and then let the Curse on Hit take care of bosses.

I play a Frenzy build, but for some bosses swap on Puncture. The Atziri Trio, for instance, takes me less than a minute to defeat all 3. And this is with no Curse. Once he adds Vulnerability to that, I can't imagine him ever needing a defensive curse as stuff most likely dies so fast (and he moves so fast). And it looks like he has a 20Q Puncture gem, so even something like Increased Duration would pretty much serve no purpose. NOthing will already last through one duration (makes temp chains useless as well)

...still drooling over his move speed. Does the game have a cap on that, or can it go even higher?

He has crit weakness curse separate. He will get more damage and more flexibility if he take out the Curse on Hit gem and add more damage gems, especially a gem like Culling Strike which should increase both hit and then bleed, so it would be buffed twice I believe. He can then cast Vulnerability and/or Crit Weakness manually right now if he revert to puncture he will always be inflicting Vulnerability.

Temp Chains is perfect for Puncture on bosses especially for bosses that are casters like Atziri, it increases your damage on Bleed because it is the same damage per second but it lasts longer, so overall damage is massively boosted. Also combined with his high movement speed, Temp Chains is his perfect skill to use for defense. Obviously no need to use Temp Chains on regular mobs, but it helps a lot for hard bosses.

Would be great to see Uber Atziri video.
Temp chain duration is about the same as quality puncture, so it's not such a good idea imho, as Asidra pointed out.
The damage level on split arrow is so brutal... I have a long way to go :s
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Asidra wrote:
I don't see a CWDT setup in his gear - where do you see this second Curse? It looks like he'd manual cast his Critical Weakness on groups, and then let the Curse on Hit take care of bosses.

I play a Frenzy build, but for some bosses swap on Puncture. The Atziri Trio, for instance, takes me less than a minute to defeat all 3. And this is with no Curse. Once he adds Vulnerability to that, I can't imagine him ever needing a defensive curse as stuff most likely dies so fast (and he moves so fast). And it looks like he has a 20Q Puncture gem, so even something like Increased Duration would pretty much serve no purpose. NOthing will already last through one duration (makes temp chains useless as well)

...still drooling over his move speed. Does the game have a cap on that, or can it go even higher?

He has crit weakness curse separate. He will get more damage and more flexibility if he take out the Curse on Hit gem and add more damage gems, especially a gem like Culling Strike which should increase both hit and then bleed, so it would be buffed twice I believe. He can then cast Vulnerability and/or Crit Weakness manually right now if he revert to puncture he will always be inflicting Vulnerability.

Temp Chains is perfect for Puncture on bosses especially for bosses that are casters like Atziri, it increases your damage on Bleed because it is the same damage per second but it lasts longer, so overall damage is massively boosted. Also combined with his high movement speed, Temp Chains is his perfect skill to use for defense. Obviously no need to use Temp Chains on regular mobs, but it helps a lot for hard bosses.

Would be great to see Uber Atziri video.
Temp chain duration is about the same as quality puncture, so it's not such a good idea imho, as Asidra pointed out.
The damage level on split arrow is so brutal... I have a long way to go :s

Yeah, if you notice in the 2 gameplay videos I posted I usually continue hitting the target with puncture (because the impact damage is still really high) and thus continually resetting the duration. The only time a longer puncture would come in to effect is when I'd have to run/kite away from the target into safety.
Great guide!

I have a question tho, which skill did you use for levelling? Split arrow?

Thanks a lot!
Would Lightning coil help with reflect?
"
Starke02 wrote:
Would Lightning coil help with reflect?

Interesting question, I'd have to test it. I imagine if it would enable you to shock yourself the answer is no, otherwise yes it would be!

"
Toriyaki wrote:
Great guide!

I have a question tho, which skill did you use for levelling? Split arrow?

Thanks a lot!

Yep, split arrow. Many don't like to play split arrow early on, but fortunately there's a lot of different ways to level effectively. Personally, I enjoyed it.
A comment about the belt:

Multiple leech effects
Separate applications of life leech do not stack cumulatively. Each life leech effect remains present on the character until it runs its course, but only one with the highest recovery rate will actually restore life at any given moment. The same is true for mana leech.
"
Precaso wrote:

I imagine if it would enable you to shock yourself the answer is no, otherwise yes it would be!

Nop it can't shock yourself, very good for phys builds
I am absolutely loving this build, but I have a general gearing question. I'm relatively new to the game, so I'm a bit shaky on this point: I have enough currency to buy a Drillneck or a Harbinger bow, but not both. I'm currently using a Lioneye's with 281ish pDPS. Would a HB with 220ish DPS and inherent say 9% to crit + a good crit quiver be more DPS than sticking with Lioneye's and getting a Drillneck?

Thanks for any help!
I can give you love, rocking horses, and dancing!
"
I am absolutely loving this build, but I have a general gearing question. I'm relatively new to the game, so I'm a bit shaky on this point: I have enough currency to buy a Drillneck or a Harbinger bow, but not both. I'm currently using a Lioneye's with 281ish pDPS. Would a HB with 220ish DPS and inherent say 9% to crit + a good crit quiver be more DPS than sticking with Lioneye's and getting a Drillneck?

Thanks for any help!

Glad you're enjoying it :)

As for your question, a 9%+ crit chance harbinger will make your damage much more consistent, meaning more fun and better clear speed. Also, lioneye's glare disallows you to evade your own reflect. I'd recommend getting the harbinger. Also, try to keep your crit multiplier above at least 400% (which is very easy to do if you have a crit damage gem currently in your links) and then the harbingers much higher crit chance will certainly be doing more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info