The Custom Avatar Art Gallery (updated 18th May, 2019)

Thanks for your support and your appreciation!

As for the avatar process, it varies from person to person. The first step you imagined is likely the most probable. Very few first drafts are accepted, or indeed should be accepted. My current avatar took very little time indeed (less than a week), but it's hardly what I'd call a work of art. It was an injoke, and not a very artistically demanding one. That said, I'm not sure how quickly the artists work these days.

Restrictions are likely similar to the forum guidelines. I've been amazed at the variety of avatars we've seen -- copyrighted material is not off-limits, nor is, apparently, a literal pile of shit. I think just about anything you propose will be considered, if not necessarily accepted.

The process will go much quicker if you initiate it and do your best to make it 'easier' for the artists. That means a mixture of being explicit with your desires and not being TOO demanding or picky.

A first draft for my girlfriend's avatar came through last week, and she responded with a few desired adjustments. Haven't heard back since, so I figure it's not necessarily an immediate process.

Simply put, best just to contact them and go from there.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Thanks for your support and your appreciation!

As for the avatar process, it varies from person to person. The first step you imagined is likely the most probable. Very few first drafts are accepted, or indeed should be accepted. My current avatar took very little time indeed (less than a week), but it's hardly what I'd call a work of art. It was an injoke, and not a very artistically demanding one. That said, I'm not sure how quickly the artists work these days.

Restrictions are likely similar to the forum guidelines. I've been amazed at the variety of avatars we've seen -- copyrighted material is not off-limits, nor is, apparently, a literal pile of shit. I think just about anything you propose will be considered, if not necessarily accepted.

The process will go much quicker if you initiate it and do your best to make it 'easier' for the artists. That means a mixture of being explicit with your desires and not being TOO demanding or picky.

A first draft for my girlfriend's avatar came through last week, and she responded with a few desired adjustments. Haven't heard back since, so I figure it's not necessarily an immediate process.

Simply put, best just to contact them and go from there.

Thanks alot Charan, your response has been very helpful and put my curious mind to rest :)

And another thumps up for this thread of yours, a great idea and well organized.
"
Anelit wrote:
Thanks alot @OP for this very useful thread, its appreciated.

There are alot of really nice avatars made by people, i am impressed.

As i recently upgraded to the pack that includes a forum avatar i would like to ask how the process works.

- After sending an idea and mabye a image to the design team, will they then make a suggested avatar and then it goes back and fourth until both sides are satisfied?

- Apart from obvious things such as racism etc. What other restrictions are there?

- And finally how long does the whole process take?

Any input would be appreciated :)

I'll basically back up what Charan stated.

My personal experience was that it was a very quick process and any delays were on my side due to RL commitments. Here is the breakdown:

- ME... 26th Feb 2014... sent initial design brief to GGG.
- GGG... 24th Mar 2014... longest delay on GGG's side, Kevin sent 1st draft.
- ME... 30th Mar 2014... I replied with feedback.
- GGG... 1st Apr 2014... Kevin replied with 2nd draft.
- ME... 24th Apr 2014... I returned from a holiday and replied with feedback.
- GGG... 24th Apr 2014... Kevin replied with final version.

All up it took 2 months, but mainly due to my unavailability for 1 month and GGG delay at the start (probably due to SotV being finalised and released).

HTH
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Jul 21, 2014, 8:47:48 PM
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Anelit wrote:
Thanks alot @OP for this very useful thread, its appreciated.

There are alot of really nice avatars made by people, i am impressed.

As i recently upgraded to the pack that includes a forum avatar i would like to ask how the process works.

- After sending an idea and mabye a image to the design team, will they then make a suggested avatar and then it goes back and fourth until both sides are satisfied?

- Apart from obvious things such as racism etc. What other restrictions are there?

- And finally how long does the whole process take?

Any input would be appreciated :)

I'll basically back up what Charan stated.

My personal experience was that it was a very quick process and any delays were on my side due to RL commitments. Here is the breakdown:

- ME... 26th Feb 2014... sent initial design brief to GGG.
- GGG... 24th Mar 2014... longest delay on GGG's side, Kevin sent 1st draft.
- ME... 30th Mar 2014... I replied with feedback.
- GGG... 1st Apr 2014... Kevin replied with 2nd draft.
- ME... 24th Apr 2014... I returned from a holiday and replied with feedback.
- GGG... 24th Apr 2014... Kevin replied with final version.

All up it took 2 months, but mainly due to my unavailability for 1 month and GGG delay at the start (probably due to SotV being finalised and released).

HTH

Thanks Kaysee, that was very informative.
I'm still waiting to see what they make for my first draft as well, I bought the Conqueror Pack at the beginning of July.
Added Faendris.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Just upgraded today, and I have no idea what I want, this is helpful though, so thanks alot for this list!
:) got mine finished a week ago
^ Is that a horse with wings made of celery ?! O.o
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Welcome to the hallowed halls of ISpentWayTooMuchMoneyOnAComputerGameAndAllIGotWasThisT-ShirtCustomAvatar, Fleep. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info