GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

keep asking for sfl folks.you know its here already.Not in the form of free loot dropping like candys.Ambush drops more than enough.close general and trade window.puff.sfl.

All my chars are this way.The only thing i can only argue is the amount of exalts droping,limiting my craft to chaos and vaal orbs.

Dont even hope for sfl in future.We know a new way to trade is coming.that ends your dellusional hopes
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
keep asking for sfl folks. you know its here already.

No, there definitely isn't.

"
elwindakos wrote:
We know a new way to trade is coming.that ends your dellusional hopes

No, it definitely doesn't.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Apr 25, 2014, 10:57:28 PM
"
elwindakos wrote:

All my chars are this way.The only thing i can only argue is the amount of exalts droping,limiting my craft to chaos and vaal orbs

This is the main reason I would test a SFL even though I don't agree with the idea, being "crafter for a day" sounds appealing.

The only way to actually craft a perfect item is to abuse the trade mechanic. That is asinine.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of PVP. For this same reason HC and SC PVP are seperated. SF guy vs merchant guy in PVP will not be fair fight.
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of ladder. For this reason HC and SC ladder are seperated. Reaching lvl 100 SF is a different accomplishment than reaching lvl 100 not SF.

I hope that everyone can appreciate these points and take a neutral approach to the SF problem now.

Trade is a game mechanic, if you don't use it of course you will be a at a disadvantage. What about a "no flask" league or "no trigger gems" league, it is the same argument people use for a self found league as a "no trade" league. If someone didn't use flasks or triggers in some cases, that would not be a fair fight either.

As asinine as those mechanics being removed sounds, it is exactly how I feel about a SFL.

I don't play to roll flasks or play to keep gems a certain level, I play to kill monsters and get loot. Sound familiar?

Trade can be abused by only utilizing this mechanic or players flipping items the same way people abuse trigger gems for defense gems. Maybe not to the severity of trade being abused but still abusable.

i would be fine with a no flask league. if alot of player wants to play that way. because , you know , its another league and i can chose if i want to play there or not.
This game is about slaying monsters, lootz, and trading. That's the reason. You SFL lovers don't want to accept the last part...what is GGG going to do about that? I guess nothing.
Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Apr 26, 2014, 4:54:12 AM
"
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of PVP. For this same reason HC and SC PVP are seperated. SF guy vs merchant guy in PVP will not be fair fight.
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of ladder. For this reason HC and SC ladder are seperated. Reaching lvl 100 SF is a different accomplishment than reaching lvl 100 not SF.

I hope that everyone can appreciate these points and take a neutral approach to the SF problem now.

You can even draw the line further. In your "perfect" SFL some people will get incredible drops, while others will get crap. So PvP between those is not fair as well, I assume? The entire SFL-ladder wouldn't say much either. You'll probably see the same people on top as usual. Those who can spend a lot of time playing. As with pretty much any game.

The thing is if people are so deadset on this issue, then GGG is forced to give everyone the same equipment. When I open this chest, I get a hatchet. When I bash in this barrel, I get a blue ruby ring. A communist dream. Everyone is the same and no one will get a little bit more than the rest.

I honestly can't think of any online rpg without rng. It is the nature of the beast.

Maybe you should just enjoy the game as it is or look for a different genre?

Maybe a racing game?

Spoiler
Of course there the chance exists that everyone drives a different car.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

The thing is if people are so deadset on this issue, then GGG is forced to give everyone the same equipment. When I open this chest, I get a hatchet. When I bash in this barrel, I get a blue ruby ring. A communist dream. Everyone is the same and no one will get a little bit more than the rest.

I honestly can't think of any online rpg without rng. It is the nature of the beast.

Not sure what any of this has to do with a SFL. Because people want a league without trading they also somehow don't like RNG?
Standard Forever
A good suggestion to the SFL proponents: Pool your money together and start making your own game. It can be all about SF and whatnot.
"
Reinhart wrote:
A communist dream.

Epic argument is epic.

"
A good suggestion to the SFL proponents: Pool your money together and start making your own game.

Epic argument #2.

Doesn't even deserve a proper answer, just taking a laugh at it in disbelief.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Xavderion wrote:

True, but on the other hand, if you cater to everyone, you please no one. Where should they draw the line? A SFL would be massively against GGG's vision of the game. I said before I would quit the game if it happened. It's not because I think playing self-found is stupid (I like solo ARPGs after all), it's because I wouldn't know what to expect of GGG anymore and thus playing PoE would be a waste of time for me since I like to know what I'm investing my time into.

Right, because we can only have extremities... spare us the line drawing.

You wouldn't know what to expect from GGG if they make a SFL? Anyone else thinks that's just a pile of BS?

You Xavderion, are a selfish man, nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info