GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

Well, I have a wallet full of bills that are sitting there for paid leagues/ Probably won't happen though.[/quote]
It's a generalization, Xavderion, the point is not that GGG would miss his, lets say triple digit donation. So multiply that with, for example, a three digit number of people who would be inclined to donate because of the addition of SFL, and we are talking about an average six digit total donation.

Of course, pointless number pulling out of where the sun don't shine, but it gets the point across.[/quote]

I think that there are several thousand players that would be willing to pay 10$ a month for a self found legit league. Lets say that there are 20 people in each State in U.S.A. willing to pay 10$ a month. That's more than 1000 players right there. Can 120,000.00$ keep the s/f server up for a year for the U.S?
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Apr 25, 2014, 6:50:37 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

It's a generalization, Xavderion, the point is not that GGG would miss his, lets say triple digit donation. So multiply that with, for example, a three digit number of people who would be inclined to donate because of the addition of SFL, and we are talking about an average six digit total donation.

Of course, pointless number pulling out of where the sun don't shine, but it gets the point across.

True, but on the other hand, if you cater to everyone, you please no one. Where should they draw the line? A SFL would be massively against GGG's vision of the game. I said before I would quit the game if it happened. It's not because I think playing self-found is stupid (I like solo ARPGs after all), it's because I wouldn't know what to expect of GGG anymore and thus playing PoE would be a waste of time for me since I like to know what I'm investing my time into.

so u would quit in fear... lol

dont even have to be a league

make a new version of the game for offline so people dont crack the game

even put a price tag on it people will buy
"
I think that there are several thousand players that would be willing to pay 10$ a month for a self found legit league. Lets say that there are 20 people in each State in U.S.A. willing to pay 10$ a month. That's more than 1000 players right there. Can 120,000.00$ keep the s/f server up for a year for the U.S?

There's this new idea floating around the forum that there are US and EU servers. We are both playing on one server. Gateways are not the same as servers.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

An extra league changes the core design of the game less than loot allocations. If you don't play in the SFL it has no affect on you whatsoever. I find it very odd that anyone would quit over this addition.

If you don't play in SA/PA groups, the loot allocation change has no effect on you whatsoever. Same logic. Still false :P

Not true. The game changed for everyone when loot allocation changed. I was hoping that it wouldn't and that there would still be plenty of FFA groups for people who like that sort of thing but there isn't. PoE used to have forced loot competition for everyone in public games and now it doesn't. Thats a change for everyone, not the same as a SFL.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Apr 25, 2014, 7:02:57 PM
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Every SFL advocate is simply crying about increasing drop rates. Drop rates are fine. Rare shit should be rare. Just don't trade and there is your SFL. Now stop bitching about drop rates, or at least don't try to hide it behind this self found league bullshit.

My one question to every SFL advocate is: Would you be fine with a SFL that doesn't have increased drop rates? If you answered yes then GGG has already made your leagues...go play them!

Increased drop rates make sense, how one can accumulate enough currency to try their luck with crafting without trading in the current leagues, if you found a way please share with us.

i believe GGG already increased drop rate in various way.
you gonna see thread like this " drops are trash " X time more.
"
PoorJoy wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
PoorJoy wrote:
i realy love how ppl got anyoed by the fact that people are asking \ beging for SFL. you guys must be realy scared that your league becomes a dusk league after everyone switched to SFL.

It's annoying when people try to substantially change a game you like in its current state :)

how is a sfl changing the game for you ? just dont play the league. its the same advice SF people hear all day long.
~e

and i dont want to talk about the fact that they promised custom\paid leagues in close beta. that was one huge reason why i bought a supporter pack.

i remember that. i hv no problem with more choices. I have to believe that GGG cant afford to sustain more permanent leagues. Lots of interesting ideas there, but after all these time, nothing happened. Just like someone mentioned " GGG is running RMT site on the other side? "
This BS sounds real now.
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of PVP. For this same reason HC and SC PVP are seperated. SF guy vs merchant guy in PVP will not be fair fight.
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of ladder. For this reason HC and SC ladder are seperated. Reaching lvl 100 SF is a different accomplishment than reaching lvl 100 not SF.

I hope that everyone can appreciate these points and take a neutral approach to the SF problem now.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Because there's a lot more pressing issues with the game than a Self Found League.
/thread.
"
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of PVP. For this same reason HC and SC PVP are seperated. SF guy vs merchant guy in PVP will not be fair fight.
- Its unfair to not have SFL because of ladder. For this reason HC and SC ladder are seperated. Reaching lvl 100 SF is a different accomplishment than reaching lvl 100 not SF.

I hope that everyone can appreciate these points and take a neutral approach to the SF problem now.

nobody can stop SFL from happening except GGG. My guess are:

1) they dont give a dick
2) their server cant handle more leagues( 1 SFL SC + 1 SFL HC + 1 Temp SC + 1 Temp HC?)
3) GGG is the biggest RMT behind poe (BS?)
4) maybe next 4 month league is SFL
"

Trade is a game mechanic, if you don't use it of course you will be a at a disadvantage. What about a "no flask" league or "no trigger gems" league, it is the same argument people use for a self found league as a "no trade" league. If someone didn't use flasks or triggers in some cases, that would not be a fair fight either.

As asinine as those mechanics being removed sounds, it is exactly how I feel about a SFL.

I don't play to roll flasks or play to keep gems a certain level, I play to kill monsters and get loot. Sound familiar?

Trade can be abused by only utilizing this mechanic or players flipping items the same way people abuse trigger gems for defense gems. Maybe not to the severity of trade being abused but still abusable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info