[Official] WINE info thread

is there a Cheese info thread to go with the Wine ??
Bonan..2hander,Miss Bitch..whitch, ThongBow..ranger
Ah awesome, working on my mac with the sound disabled.
Got this working with minimal issues. Only real issue i'm having is horrid load times. I think this is due to the last patch to be honest because my load times had doubled even in win 7. Oddly enough seems the graphics are a bit more sharp under ubuntu than they were in windows.

Ubuntu 10.04

latest wine verson

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2412.135 MHz

2gb DDR2 don't remember what speed off hand

ATI Radeon HD 4300 1gb

MSI MS-7125 Mobo
"
Frosteddeath wrote:
Got this working with minimal issues. Only real issue i'm having is horrid load times. I think this is due to the last patch to be honest because my load times had doubled even in win 7. Oddly enough seems the graphics are a bit more sharp under ubuntu than they were in windows.

Ubuntu 10.04

latest wine verson

ATI Radeon HD 4300 1gb

MSI MS-7125 Mobo
Your video card isn't very strong, and I suspect your load time issues are due to running out of memory and having to page. I'd be surprised to see if you can get PoE to run on that box, nevermind with the added costs of virtualization.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Frosteddeath wrote:

Ubuntu 10.04

latest wine verson

ATI Radeon HD 4300 1gb

MSI MS-7125 Mobo
Your video card isn't very strong, and I suspect your load time issues are due to running out of memory and having to page. I'd be surprised to see if you can get PoE to run on that box, nevermind with the added costs of virtualization.

Well be surprised then because after a little tweaking an replacing a old hd that was slowing me down its running smooth as a babies ass..lol
I am getting an error with Wine and PathOfExile.

"
[POL_Wine] Message: Running wine-1.3.37 Client.exe
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code e0000001 flags 0 addr 0x7b83b362
[POL_Wine] Message: Wine return: 1

Full pastebin of debug can be found at:

http://pastebin.com/38PPrfXk

Any suggestions?
Nice, I can actually try and run this while travelling on the road.
This ever going to work again with sound? :$
El Psy Congroo.
Since 0.9.5h I get:

Failed to initialize render subsystem.

Error. Anyone else got the same issue?
yes, see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/17030

Any wine user who has not got that error?
www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info