[Official] WINE info thread

"
eNTi wrote:
i approve of this. i will try it without the patch first. is your patch going into wine upstream and if not, why?

Most likely not, or at least not in the near future. The areas affected by the patch are literally known by only one other person, and he is impossible to talk to.
confirmed working with latest wine and 0.9.3
I've added another patch to the first post (here) to suppress a warning in WINE which is displayed when Path of Exile attempts to set the WRITEONLY usage flag in D3D, an unimplemented action which harmlessly falls through to regular read/write.
"
discomfitor wrote:
confirmed working with latest wine and 0.9.3

You are awesome.
Since .92
I'm at nearly identical specs to the OP (other than running a 9500GT vs 8800GT) yet am capping around 20FPS in 1920x1080 - is this just a limitation of the graphics card?
PoE uses a ton of memory (pretty much anything it can get on my system), try closing some apps and see if that helps. I don't know a lot about GPU hardware to make any accurate comparisons about pipelines/operation speeds.
Working with wine 1.3.32 on Kubuntu 11.10 x64 (Oneiric), however, I had to install some additional packages to make it start up properly...

First errors included "DXUTCreateDevice failed", later I had

err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

So:

sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libc6:i386
and perhaps adding explicit use of the native DX9 DLLs in user.reg of wine did the trick. If you have different graphics, make sure those packages are installed (libdrm radeon/nvidia, ...)

Started it via

wine Client.exe

as wine "Client.exe -opengl" didn't work.

Some more info on OpenGL usage:
glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: Yes <-- has to be "Yes"
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_NV_conditional_render,

Unfortunately, my graphics card is unsuitable (as expected...), so I cannot reach a proper frame rate even in 800x600 (and that's quite ugly interpolated, even though my native resolution is 1440x900, so just scaling a factor of 1.5 the height + black bars at the sides)

Config:
Core2Duo P8600, 2x2.4 GHz
4+2 GB DDR3-1066
Intel X4500 onboard crap

btw, is the quite slow install process a wine-related bug, or does it take 2h+ for the Content.ggpk to be blown up to it's final size in Windows? After that there's also the need for downloading the stuff to fill that file with data, that was another 2 hours...
Obviously adding a -opengl flag would not work since there is no opengl backend for the game.

I just reinstalled again the other day and it took me less than 20 minutes after a download (went to the store while it processed), so something must be wrong with your setup if it's taking as long as you say.
I just wanted to state that wine generally runs pretty good in Wine which makes me incredibly happy. It from time to time has some lag-spikes and you have to take more system requierements in plan but there are no major bugs or anything. Good Work!
mfg
M3ph
So I got the game working fine with WINE, but I just found a problem that appears to be irreversible.

This was my first time using Wine so I followed some instructions on Youtube on how to make the wrap, install, etc. It all worked just fine without adding any obvious bugs (the bug log said otherwise) and it all worked fine.

The only problem I've encountered was when I thought I would try full screen mode. It basically goes into full screen more, but the screen just stays black. I have no idea how to get it out of that mode without quitting the program.

I thought maybe if I created a new Wrap, and re-downloaded the game and the patch, It would bring me back to the main menu, but it opened up in full screen mode, and again the screen just stays black.

Any ideas?
I love lamp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info