The Mysterious (and Costly) Case of Immortal Call.

"
stzbttln wrote:
Is there a possibility that the rain-like attack from one of the bosses deals chaos damage? From your stats it doesn't look like you would be immune to chaos.

Yes there are two rain-type attacks, one being like Rain of Arrows and the other like Firestorm. The Firestorm is physical and the death was caused by it once Immortal Call turned off.

Also, Gaia was using Dusktoe for this fight, and since the build naturally spams flasks, he was at around 63% chaos resist (when popping the Amethyst).
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
if you're going to be selling your gear, can you give a discount to the guy who came up with the idea? :)

I'm not sure to sell on Standard or not. It will be either a package sale, or no sale at all. I'm still pretty bumped about this death :< Will take a break for a while.

And I don't know if it's your idea. Dom (hissnail) told me about the concept one day, and I'm interested, so we made it happens :D It was meant for Hardcore, and I'm pretty sure our execution of it is unique.

I hope a Dev will read this, and shed some lights on how these mechanic interacting with each other :<
IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
Come back play bro. If I came back you can do it too!

best
cudez
guild Unity
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
But my death is still very suspicious, because at the moment before the last IC, I still have 3 Power Charge, and with the Voll's Devotion, I should have gain 3 more Endurance Charges when I crit (which also proc IC), my IC should've gained at least 3-4 seconds of immunity, not just 1.

You had 3 Power Charges when your Immortal Call was cast, not 3 Endurance Charges. Romira's Banquet removes Power Charges (thus generating Endurance Charges with Voll's Devotion) after Cast on Crit spells are triggered, not before.
"
You had 3 Power Charges when your Immortal Call was cast, not 3 Endurance Charges. Romira's Banquet removes Power Charges (thus generating Endurance Charges with Voll's Devotion) after Cast on Crit spells are triggered, not before.

In this case, replacing either Freezing Pulse or Ice Spear with Discharge _may_ fix this build.

AFAIK, Cast On Crit procs spells in "top-to-bottom" order of sockets. So, Discharge will be cast first, and will eat up all power charges and trigger Voll's Devotion ability. IC will be cast second.

This is true unless Voll's Devotion ability is also triggered after all spells are cast, like Romira's Banquet ability.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ᕙ༼ຈلຈ༽ᕗ _(͡๏̯͡๏)_ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚, /╲/\╭༼ຈຈل͜ຈຈ༽╮/\╱\ ಠ_ಠ ( ⊙ ʖ̯ ⊙ ) ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
GGG's goal of the ARPG equiv to MTG has now been succesfully completed.

Stack resolution issues anyone?
[Standard league - UTC +2]
"
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
But my death is still very suspicious, because at the moment before the last IC, I still have 3 Power Charge, and with the Voll's Devotion, I should have gain 3 more Endurance Charges when I crit (which also proc IC), my IC should've gained at least 3-4 seconds of immunity, not just 1.

So when Spectral Throw crits, it means nothing? The idea was to generate Power Charges when Spectral Throw didn't crit, then when it did, the Power Charges would be converted into Endurance Charges, and simultaneously Immortal Call would expend the charges when Cast on Crit (80% chance to cast). Whether Freezing Pulse or Ice Spear crit was just a bonus, but they weren't part of the central idea of this mechanic. Unless Romira's doesn't apply to attacks like Spectral Throw? That makes no sense.
"
"
"
_Gaia_ wrote:

So when Spectral Throw crits, it means nothing? The idea was to generate Power Charges when Spectral Throw didn't crit, then when it did, the Power Charges would be converted into Endurance Charges, and simultaneously Immortal Call would expend the charges when Cast on Crit (80% chance to cast). Whether Freezing Pulse or Ice Spear crit was just a bonus, but they weren't part of the central idea of this mechanic. Unless Romira's doesn't apply to attacks like Spectral Throw? That makes no sense.

1. Have 0 Endurance Charges, 3 Power Charges
2. Spectral Throw crits
3. Ice Spear, Freezing Pulse and/or Immortal Call are cast
4. Power Charges are lost
5. Endurance Charges are gained
6. The triggered spells hit and grant/consume charges

If you CoC Discharge then the Power Charges will be lost sooner and you'll probably have Endurance Charges before IC is cast.
"
Reashu wrote:
"

1. Have 0 Endurance Charges, 3 Power Charges
2. Spectral Throw crits
3. Ice Spear, Freezing Pulse and/or Immortal Call are cast
4. Power Charges are lost
5. Endurance Charges are gained
6. The triggered spells hit and grant/consume charges

If you CoC Discharge then the Power Charges will be lost sooner and you'll probably have Endurance Charges before IC is cast.

That doesn't answer my question. What you are saying is exactly what Daniel_GGG is saying, but this assumes that Spectral Throw has nothing to do with Romira's/Voll's Devotion interaction. When Spectral Throw crits, Power Charges should be converted to Endurance Charges, yes? The only way for the spells to even cast is if Spectral Throw crits, which effectively means that any Power Charges I have will be lost and I will gain the appropriate number of Endurance Charges. Then Immortal Call has 80% chance to cast, expending the Endurance Charges.

And here I repeat my question: Unless Romira's doesn't apply to attacks like Spectral Throw?

If that is the case, then what you are saying can be taken to be true. As it is now, it sounds like when Spectral Throw crits, nothing happens.
Last edited by mimivirus on Apr 2, 2014, 9:50:46 AM
"
And here I repeat my question: Unless Romira's doesn't apply to attacks like Spectral Throw?

I believe what they're saying is that Romira's does apply but it applies after CoC.

So Immortal Call is cast by CoC before Romira's is triggered and thus before any Endurance Charges are gained through Voll's.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info