Hardcore League: Templar GOD Build

Hey, I've been using this build and just hit 32. I just looked at my dps on LS prior to taking a mace node and got 0 dps return after putting the point in. The node reads "8% increased Physical damage with maces" My LS did 155.1 dmg before i put the point in and does 155.1 after grabbing the node... Any insight on this?

Edit: I'm using a Main Hand Scepter which is categorized as a one-hand mace on the item tooltip (maybe?)
Last edited by Rencill on Jan 30, 2013, 4:29:50 PM
"
Rencill wrote:
Hey, I've been using this build and just hit 32. I just looked at my dps on LS prior to taking a mace node and got 0 dps return after putting the point in. The node reads "8% increased Physical damage with maces" My LS did 155.1 dmg before i put the point in and does 155.1 after grabbing the node... Any insight on this?

Edit: I'm using a Main Hand Scepter which is categorized as a one-hand mace on the item tooltip (maybe?)

Good to hear mate :)

There's alot of confusion right now about how the skills really work, are the descriptions correct or not. Either Scepter is labeled as wand or Physical Damage you got from the node isn't shown right.
I've got balls of steel
Last edited by Freshbrewed on Jan 30, 2013, 4:58:12 PM
I just switched to a normal mace and got the next point (18%) phys dmg with maces. This definitely increased LS damage including the ligthning and physical parts of it. It seems like scepters perhaps aren't receiving the benefit. Overall the 18% node gave me about a 2.6% increase on LS dmg tooltip. Just kind of adding my 2 cents because this seems like a cool build, but of course with this game there's always some theory crafting to be done!
"
Rencill wrote:
I just switched to a normal mace and got the next point (18%) phys dmg with maces. This definitely increased LS damage including the ligthning and physical parts of it. It seems like scepters perhaps aren't receiving the benefit. Overall the 18% node gave me about a 2.6% increase on LS dmg tooltip. Just kind of adding my 2 cents because this seems like a cool build, but of course with this game there's always some theory crafting to be done!

I'm glad we have clarification over this :) Thanks ^^
I've got balls of steel
Hi, i am a newbie in this game and i find your LS build to be very interesting.

I am currently lvl 32 and following your built almost entirely the same.

But i just want to ask you a few questions as i am thinking of customizing it abit to my game since i dont play hardcore =P.

- will LS do good with links to Fork, LMP or GMP + added elemental dmg?
- Do we need the +30 intel nodes since we have blood magic? i assume its more for Wrath and Tempest shield leveling?
- i remove 1x 8% maximum life, 1x +6% all resist, 1x +30 intel to move into armor mastery (no movement penalty)
- i also move from 1 +10 str node to bloodless, i finger that might be useful against enme that leech life from us? or is it useless?
- i also specced into strong arm up top.
- Also i realize that with tempest shield and bloodmagic... will we have problem with HP being reserved if i remove abit of HP nodes?

please feedback on my intended spec which branched from urs :)

Link here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAEswJxMolX4nflgW-ePE3YjHYFW4uM4XPtIEbX7DgpTxo4p4SQVYKb1XXMt_LOfVPAGuSt3sFmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxKmVUWAn7ayqUea0L0E_GS7Uj7nd8i_vDmebKS58uD38WGPG2FBQjM_2SF8_cql82dlhVw3SIZ7NpzAOPDpS37-GYFYEYVIyCZ_L-tI26eNqJKoZhRpsna6nCBVQj0bQ0M9lVcaboWe97m8UIFBHD8ymZMmYg7H3vvPdWfNgiCi1705dABiRM5ZzP0GM

IGN: Aiers.
Last edited by aiers on Jan 31, 2013, 4:05:31 AM
"
aiers wrote:
Hi, i am a newbie in this game and i find your LS build to be very interesting.

I am currently lvl 32 and following your built almost entirely the same.

But i just want to ask you a few questions as i am thinking of customizing it abit to my game since i dont play hardcore =P.

- will LS do good with links to Fork, LMP or GMP + added elemental dmg?
- Do we need the +30 intel nodes since we have blood magic? i assume its more for Wrath and Tempest shield leveling?
- i remove 1x 8% maximum life, 1x +6% all resist, 1x +30 intel to move into armor mastery (no movement penalty)
- i also move from 1 +10 str node to bloodless, i finger that might be useful against enme that leech life from us? or is it useless?
- i also specced into strong arm up top.
- Also i realize that with tempest shield and bloodmagic... will we have problem with HP being reserved if i remove abit of HP nodes?

please feedback on my intended spec which branched from urs :)

Link here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAEswJxMolX4nflgW-ePE3YjHYFW4uM4XPtIEbX7DgpTxo4p4SQVYKb1XXMt_LOfVPAGuSt3sFmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxKmVUWAn7ayqUea0L0E_GS7Uj7nd8i_vDmebKS58uD38WGPG2FBQjM_2SF8_cql82dlhVw3SIZ7NpzAOPDpS37-GYFYEYVIyCZ_L-tI26eNqJKoZhRpsna6nCBVQj0bQ0M9lVcaboWe97m8UIFBHD8ymZMmYg7H3vvPdWfNgiCi1705dABiRM5ZzP0GM

Your skill linking is decent, but you must have decent life leech or HP leech if you go for Blood Magic. Those skills will drain awful lot of mana, but I don't know about HP since with my build we are going to use Blood Magic.

No, we don't need :) You must have seen my old build, I've updated and optimized it 3 times.

About Bloodless, if life leeching mobs are pain in your ass, take it :)

You took 1 Hand passive nodes, which generally give you 6% DMG increase while Mace oriented nodes give you 2% more Physical damage for every node (8% Mace Physical Damage). But it's up to you.

Might be, but as you play on Normal League, your Armor Mastery is a good example of the League differences. It's a nice perk to have, run and level up faster but in the mean time Hardcore players gotta stack just survivability. After all, if you have HP problems, you can respeck a bit :)
I've got balls of steel
I also got a short question :)

How about playing this build as a dual wield? Since its possible to play as 2H/1H1S I thought how about a dual wielding templar? Since there are no dual-wielding skills near the templar start, I probably would use maces or swords only to save some skillpoints.
"
TheBRS wrote:
I also got a short question :)

How about playing this build as a dual wield? Since its possible to play as 2H/1H1S I thought how about a dual wielding templar? Since there are no dual-wielding skills near the templar start, I probably would use maces or swords only to save some skillpoints.

Not bad idea, you must give it a shot :) I just prefer 2 handed weapon rather than dualwielding.
I've got balls of steel
"
Freshbrewed wrote:

Your skill linking is decent, but you must have decent life leech or HP leech if you go for Blood Magic. Those skills will drain awful lot of mana, but I don't know about HP since with my build we are going to use Blood Magic.

No, we don't need :) You must have seen my old build, I've updated and optimized it 3 times.

You took 1 Hand passive nodes, which generally give you 6% DMG increase while Mace oriented nodes give you 2% more Physical damage for every node (8% Mace Physical Damage). But it's up to you.

Might be, but as you play on Normal League, your Armor Mastery is a good example of the League differences. It's a nice perk to have, run and level up faster but in the mean time Hardcore players gotta stack just survivability. After all, if you have HP problems, you can respeck a bit :)

Yup. you are right, i used your old build.

I went into your latest build and make some adjustment that i find will be more to my play style ;)

-you have an additional +10 intel near elementalist which i think you forgot to remove.
-near blood magic you took 3 point for +10 str then mace 4% dmg/ 2% attk spd x2.
I decided to go 1h dmg nodes right on top with 6+6+18% melee dmg. Is 4% attk spd a big amount?

- i remove 1 8% mace dmg node & that additional +10 intel you had allocated in and in place of it took a life leech 1%. Do you think its worth it?

-with the +30 intel gone.. i have problem with my wrath aura. most likely can only go to lvl 6... what do you think?

New link:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAEswJxMolX4nflgW-ePE3YjHYFW4uM4XPtIEbX7DgpTxo4p4SQVYKb1XXMt_LOwBrkrd7BZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncSplVFgJ-2sqlHmtC9BPxku1I-53fIv7w5nmykufLg9_FhjxthQUIzP9khfP3KpfNnZYVcN0iGezacwDjw6Ut-_hmBWBGFSMgmfy_rSNunjaiSqGYWPRtDQz2VVxpuhZ73ubxQgUEcPzKZkyZiDsfe-891Z82CIKLXvTl0AGJEdFPuqoLQzlnM_QYw2uvKc

P.S hope you dont mind me adapting to your build. appreciate your time spent on this!
IGN: Aiers.
Last edited by aiers on Jan 31, 2013, 7:06:53 AM
"
aiers wrote:
"
Freshbrewed wrote:

Yup. you are right, i used your old build.

I went into your latest build and make some adjustment that i find will be more to my play style ;)

-you have an additional +10 intel near elementalist which i think you forgot to remove.
-near blood magic you took 3 point for +10 str then mace 4% dmg/ 2% attk spd x2.
I decided to go 1h dmg nodes right on top with 6+6+18% melee dmg. Is 4% attk spd a big amount?

- i remove 1 8% mace dmg node & that additional +10 intel you had allocated in and in place of it took a life leech 1%. Do you think its worth it?

-with the +30 intel gone.. i have problem with my wrath aura. most likely can only go to lvl 6... what do you think?

New link:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAEswJxMolX4nflgW-ePE3YjHYFW4uM4XPtIEbX7DgpTxo4p4SQVYKb1XXMt_LOwBrkrd7BZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncSplVFgJ-2sqlHmtC9BPxku1I-53fIv7w5nmykufLg9_FhjxthQUIzP9khfP3KpfNnZYVcN0iGezacwDjw6Ut-_hmBWBGFSMgmfy_rSNunjaiSqGYWPRtDQz2VVxpuhZ73ubxQgUEcPzKZkyZiDsfe-891Z82CIKLXvTl0AGJEdFPuqoLQzlnM_QYw2uvKc

P.S hope you dont mind me adapting to your build. appreciate your time spent on this!

Yep, that intelligence node was a scrolling mistake x)

Toying with my build is perfectly fine :) You had very good points so I optimized my build even more DPS oriented, thanks to you ^^ I was thinking alot of your 6+6+18% melee choice and compared to my mace choice. After thinking I decided to remove Lightning Damage nodes right beside the Elementalist and get your One Hand nodes from the top + adding even 1 more Mace damage node from my side. I removed the Lightning Damage because Lightning Strikes scales after all from your weapon physical DPS. The more Physical Damage you have, the more damage lighting will do. What this change will basically do is;

1) Removing Lightning Damage nodes (3x 6%) and allocating stats to One Hand Physical Damage (6+6+18%) + 1x Mace Physical Damage node 8% will increase your total DPS output alot

2) Lightning Strike gets all the DPS from Physical damage, then converts 50% of it to Lightning Damage. You get more juices out from total physical damage rather than buffing this 50% with Lightning Damage nodes.

If you want to keep wrath, you can always sacrifice a Shield node/HP node/ Damage Node. It's up to you :)
I've got balls of steel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info