[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

This build is awesome! :)

I have been lvl'ing and playing this build for a couple of days now, and it is so damn entertaining. I'm just flying through maps. I chose to play as a shadow because it seemed like the better choice to me and I am now currently lvl 75. The only things I've died to so far is corrupted blood and lightning thorns however I have yet to defeat Dominus in merciless(I guess we'll see how that works out later on).

Here is my gear and stats:
Gear:
Spoiler

I chose not to run with Deodre's because the dmg seems just fine and with my current gloves I can drop purity of elements and still be at capped ele resists.
When it comes to the early levels I ran spectral throw until lvl 20 where I picked up the dual daggers and from there i went dual strike. At arround 35 i switched to CoC with a 4 link. Finally got my 5 link at lvl 59. I have been solo'ing the entire time with no exception.

Def Stats(with clarity and grace auras):
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/rSiRLkd

Finally, here is the skill tree progress:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEfgW1DkgRlhXwFfYWvxrbHNwelCP2JDwk_SaVJ6ko-jBxMHw6QjpYPI5GcUlRSn1LeExgUUdVS1b6V8laSFptW69d8mHiYnlirGegbXtwUnDVdEF3138rf8aDCYcZh3aH24w2jX2Nv5Mnk_yYrZ2jnaqnXKp_qrisP67PtAy0OLVIwFHGotDu1CPVANVP1orWndxX3Q3dqN533vbjhOUZ51TndOjW6rrrFOuO7g7v8PPq96P79fyr_MU=

Thank you, kind sir, for bringing this build to my attention, I've have been greatly enjoying it :)
Good day to you all
Last edited by Brogan21 on Mar 17, 2014, 6:43:38 AM
"
KeY533 wrote:
first why dont you skill the attackspeed instead of the spelldamage at the start of the tree.

and my second question would be: what does deal the main part of the damage cold or fire?

1. 3-4% are just not that appealing. I have ~100% IAS without it, while +spell damage % is lower since I don't use +spell daggers. Therefore, 28% spell damage adds much more DPS, than 13% IAS. Also, less IAS - less mana regen needed. It's a matter of preference, though.
2. I believe it's fire, just because of higher numbers on gem.

"
mustafa2812 wrote:
How do you seem to do so well without any life leech, life on hit or significant life regen and a Tabula Rasa? It seems too good to be true but I see the videos and they don't lie. It seems like 1mpact doesn't feel like he or she could go without that life on hit but it seems like max block is the name of the game for this build. Also it seems like this build would get destroyed by non projectile spells like from Evangelists. Is that true?

Max block is 75% damage mitigation, and don't forget acrobatics and grace evasion + Ondar's guile.

Early build has 59% block, which means you take 41% damage, which is more than 1.5 times more than 25%. Dervish notable adds a lot of mitigation.

Statement about Evangelists is also true, not because it's non-projectile but because it's physical. Before you can get 4k life evangelists are stun-desync killers, and even with 4k they are dangerous.

"
demonguard wrote:
I'll occasionally be playing with an ele buzzsaw player, which means anger and wrath auras. These will apply to ST and fuck up equilibrium, no? Should I just drop equilibrium? How much does that impact the damage?

Also what % of my mana should I be trying to keep clarity at?

Thoughts on starkonja's head as a cheap rats nest alternative?

Yes, EE will most probably harm both you and buzzsaw player, adding 25% to monster fire and lightning resistance. Need testing if arctic's making that resists -50% can make up for that though.

Clarity... Depends on level or reduced mana gem, mana on gear and whether you've taken reduced reservation node. I can't give universal advice here.

Sharkonja's head is a good alternative, and it adds life.

Brogan21, thank you very much for your post!
Last edited by SunnyRay on Mar 17, 2014, 7:13:11 AM
Do you guys think this is good for this Build because of Area DMG? It has Life+Ele Resists too. I could try to 5l it.

I decided to start with a Shadow. Do you have a Leveling Tree for Shadow or can make one?
Last edited by mustiii361 on Mar 17, 2014, 1:57:18 PM
"
mustiii361 wrote:
Do you guys think this is good for this Build because of Area DMG? It has Life+Ele Resists too. I could try to 5l it.

Carcass Jack is a great armor for this but you really need to 5l or 6l it. (remember, the 6th link adds something like 67% additional damage over a 5l... you really want all6 links done for this build. This is why he recommends Tabula Rasa over any 5l you could easily acquire. (whereas big chests with a 6l in them are much more expensive)

If this is going to be a main build for you then I'd strongly recommend rolling your way (or buying outright) a strong 6l big armor. (keep note: I often recommend ie rolling your Carcass Jack into a 5l, then looking for a perfect or near perfect base armor of what your ideal slot is and rolling on that over time to get what you're looking for. You don't want to be rolling on the armor you're wearing as it may end up not 5l at any given time on your way to 6l.)

Good luck!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
SunnyRay wrote:

Yes, EE will most probably harm both you and buzzsaw player, adding 25% to monster fire and lightning resistance. Need testing if arctic's making that resists -50% can make up for that though.

Clarity... Depends on level or reduced mana gem, mana on gear and whether you've taken reduced reservation node. I can't give universal advice here.

Sharkonja's head is a good alternative, and it adds life.

Thanks for the reply. Are there any tweaks to nodes or links that you would make if you weren't running equilibrium (6L in particular, another spell maybe since we don't need EE?). I'm also curious whether you still think it's worth heading through the mediocre scion nodes to shaper if I'm not grabbing EE over there. Could probably redistribute those in some nice shadow nodes or something.

As far as auras, the goal is essentially to run grace/purity/clarity with just enough left over to attack and maybe curse, right?

Thanks!
Last edited by demonguard on Mar 17, 2014, 4:56:10 PM
mustiii361, JakeAlmighty gave a better answer regarding Carcass Jack than I would have (thanks!) :)

My 2 cents: it's almost never worth it to use fusings to roll 5L on 5s armor. Chances of 5L-ing 6s are twice as high, and there is a chance for 6L. If you proceed with 5-linking armor, make it 6s first. It may take 300 jewellers, but it will save you 100 fusings.

"
mustiii361 wrote:
I decided to start with a Shadow. Do you have a Leveling Tree for Shadow or can make one?
There is 51 point tree in "Shadow version" section of the first post. After that shadow tree develops the same way as scion: Onder's Guile, Twin terrors, Dervish etc.

"
demonguard wrote:
Are there any tweaks to nodes or links that you would make if you weren't running equilibrium
You may try third spell like ice spear and see if it works for you better than concentrated effect. Without EE it might, I can't say what is better. Same for Shaper, dropping it is definitely an option, but I can't tell you more than you know about it yourself :) Less mana and life regen. Is it crucial? I don't know.

"
demonguard wrote:
As far as auras, the goal is essentially to run grace/purity/clarity with just enough left over to attack and maybe curse, right?

That's what I ended up with. I even cast curse on blood magic. Grace is our main defence, clarity is essential for endless ST spam, the rest of mana is not enough to run 60% aura, leaving us with vitality and different purities, of which I used "of elements" and "of lightning". If you don't need Purity, you may run 2 auras, drop mana reservation node and use higher level clarity, that should solve your mana problems after respeccing from shaper.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Mar 17, 2014, 6:17:44 PM
doublepost
Last edited by SunnyRay on Mar 17, 2014, 6:07:45 PM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
mustiii361, JakeAlmighty gave a better answer regarding Carcass Jack than I would have (thanks!) :)

My 2 cents: it's almost never worth it to use fusings to roll 5L on 5s armor. Chances of 5L-ing 6s are twice as high, and there is a chance for 6L. If you proceed with 5-linking armor, make it 6s first. It may take 300 jewellers, but it will save you 100 fusings.

"
mustiii361 wrote:
There is 51 point tree in "Shadow version" section of the first post. After that shadow tree develops the same way as scion: Onder's Guile, Twin terrors, Dervish etc.

"
demonguard wrote:
Are there any tweaks to nodes or links that you would make if you weren't running equilibrium
You may try third spell like ice spear and see if it works for you better than concentrated effect. Without EE it might, I can't say what is better. Same for Shaper, dropping it is definitely an option, but I can't tell you more than you know about it yourself :) Less mana and life regen. Is it crucial? I don't know.

"
demonguard wrote:

That's what I ended up with. I even cast curse on blood magic. Grace is our main defence, clarity is essential for endless ST spam, the rest of mana is not enough to run 60% aura, leaving us with vitality and different purities, of which I used "of elements" and "of lightning". If you don't need Purity, you may run 2 auras, drop mana reservation node and use higher level clarity, that should solve your mana problems after respeccing from shaper.

You're right (and I should have mentioned it) - you should ALWAYS 6socket an armor before rolling for 5l on it. Your odds of hitting the 5l double (and you would need to have to use a TON of jewellers orbs to lose value overall due to the ratio between jewellers and fuses) and you could always luck out and hit that 6l right off the bat.

Having tried the build out a bit (only leveled to about 37 so far, going to go to 60/70 tomorrow) this build is awesome.

I'm using tabula as my 6l for now due to the level reqs on higher armors and haven't decided what my final armor will be. I'm leaning towards Carcass Jack atm but there's a few others to consider.

Character is already facemelting content way above my level and I can't wait for the power spike when I get to put this on finally.

Only thing I'm debating about atm is what level to put Clarity on - I have it at 8 and the mana regen is fairly close to equalling my use - combined with a few more mana regen nodes down the road it may be enough at lvl 8. (I can't however turn on Grace yet as it drops my mana pool too low to sustain ST for more than a few iterations so far. need bigger mana pool asap.)

What level do you keep your Clarity on Sunnyray? I know it varies based on your mana pool and regen where you want it to be but every bit of info helps.

Edit: Must note - Acceleration and Diamond Shrines were among the more fun things I've done in this game recently.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Mar 17, 2014, 8:35:04 PM
How about using barrage for this build?

Edit: Also a wand with good Spell DMG and a Shield. Isnt this better for this Build?
Last edited by mustiii361 on Mar 17, 2014, 9:59:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info