My 1.1.0 Discharge Build

Last edited by Djao on Mar 22, 2014, 12:48:06 PM
Trying this now, at lvl 23 and having fun so far in the ambush league! This is my 1st caster (have a RF marauder and a rouge I'm gonna fix), so ty for the guide.
🐢
previously lvl 86 discharger
testing now

will provide video if it works fine

thx for the build btw

€:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig1BORUKjf4
done a lvl 66 map
was easy

also did a 72 map, no problems
will upload the video tonight

€dit 2:

maps with elemental reflect with 18% wasn't that kind of a big deal before 1.1.0

now i would recommend to avoid them
Last edited by orgi on Mar 9, 2014, 10:57:57 AM
Would this tree starting from scion not be more efficient for this build ?http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcIZw48DkgRLxGWFdcWQBg8Gmwc3B2qHwIpTyo4LL8tHy2oLdIvbzY9NsU26DpSOtg9X0NjRnFG10cGSshMs03YUDBSU1ZjWK9Y9Vv0XcZd8l8qX2pgbWNDZp5tGW6qcFJwu3DVcU14DX_GguSDCYV9hq6Ia4qvjHaOZI-mkBGTJ5M6ms-do52uncSfy6KjpcunCKlusZC0DLUEtfK297b6tzG31r0nvrzAUcHFwfPC7MNt14bYJNkT21nbXt3z4YjjhOQi6-TsGOw48uH3pvno_Ks=
"
orgi wrote:
previously lvl 86 discharger
testing now

will provide video if it works fine

thx for the build btw

€:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig1BORUKjf4
done a lvl 66 map
was easy

also did a 72 map, no problems
will upload the video tonight

€dit 2:

maps with elemental reflect with 18% wasn't that kind of a big deal before 1.1.0

now i would recommend to avoid them

i am having trouble too with elemental reflect... not a situation that i get IK, but like my leech is not enough for the reflect. Maybe some improve on max resist would solve that, but that is too many points. i am just avoing reflect elemental by now as you.
1- your old tree is a broken link, please update it when u get a chance.
2- Why not voidbringers?
3- Why are you using a mana leech gem? Grab mana regen and swap out mana leech for IIR, 6th link can be IIQ or Conc or Inc crit strike chance (you seem to already have chance on, but Inc crit damage works better now since nerfs).. but mana leech is a wasted slot.
4- start from scion and grab the res where she starts out to get to vaal paact and res issues are solves.
5- Why level 10 blood rage? and are you really having cwdt proc after you take 3k damage on your 3.5-4k life? That's just absurd....and you're procing molten shell and ice nova out of all things. try CWDT-Discharge-Inc crit strikes/damage-Life leech instead, just remember to keep ice spearing as it procs. Will help with reflect alot too since it doesnt do that much damage and you can just stand there and ice spear the reflect boss while your "mini' discharge with leech is procing . So you have a mini discharge with leech go off when you get hit (I would say keep cwdt around level 12-15, any higher discharge does too much damage to reflect)

edit: sorry man didn't see the new tree, my bad forget 1 lol
Last edited by MugsyBoges on Mar 13, 2014, 12:28:48 AM
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
Last edited by Dhoros on Mar 13, 2014, 4:24:26 AM
My build is doing great so far but I have a huge problem, single target. What can I use for bosses and/or huge map bosses?
Hi

I am interested in doing a bit of a similar build (but without CI as otherwise it would end up being too expensive).

I will manually be triggering discharge and i will have 4L. So i am thinking of linking discharge with Increased area of effect+ two other gems. Probably one of them will be life leech (i am still skeptical about this because of the latest changes of life leech though).

I am not sure about the 4th one. I see almost no one suggests mana leech. However is it possible to maintain enough mana to spam discharge without mana leech?

From the other hand I am not sure i will end up spamming discharge this way since it will be done manually. And I will also want to use immortal call to also have endurance charges. But if you don't spam discharge, will life leech be any good?

An alternative thought to mana leech would be a damage gem like increased critical damage.

I am also thinking of going for blood rage too (+chaos resists + blood dance otherwise i will be dying). I saw a point below about 10 level blood rage, what about it, is it not a good idea to level this gem? Note that i will probably not be able to level it too much anyway because of the dex requirements.
Can you comment on your progress with the build so far? I am currently building my first discharger and would like to know how it is going in 1.1.1. Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info